Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Need answers for these shell programs..... Post 302790907 by Don Cragun on Sunday 7th of April 2013 08:42:00 AM
Old 04-07-2013
When posting in the homework forum, you need to use the homework template.

In addition to that, this is not a place to ask someone else to do your homework. If you can show us that you have made an reasonable attempt to do your homework, but need help understanding why something isn't working, we're here to help. If you just ask us to do your homework, don't expect any help at all!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

different shell programs,processes

Hi, why do we have 3 types of shell programs. I read that the k-shell is supposed to be the latest replacement of the Bourne shell with additional features. But why call it K-shell when one can call it as a different version of Bourne shell say bourne2. what do we have the C shell for? Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramyar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programs

how to write pipe for finding out the login names and login time of the users whose login name begins with p. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rameshparsa
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell programs required

please help iam a student and i have been asked to submit shell programs . i have given a listing and can u direct me as to where i can find the programs or if anyone could be kind enough to solvbe them for me and post it here pls shell program to implement IPC to implement parent child... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ushasathyam2006
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Few shell programs advice

Hy i have some tasks to do in school but i'm having problems with it,so could you help me out? :) first there is a task where i have to find a running program on the system and kill it, then repeat that every 5 minutes. The name of the process is given with an argument. I have done this so far,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petel1
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interactive shell - Give answers to shell

Hi, I have a script that calles some other scripts. Those scripts are expecting some inputs. Right no I am typing manually. But now the number of questions from other scripts are too much and I want to give asnwers autimatically. example. Other scripts gives me 2 options 1) joom... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: microsim
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Need answers for these shell programs.....

1. Write a shell script to print the file names of all files having .txt extension of a given directory after converting to uppercase letters. The input (directory name) should be given as command line argument. The script will also check whether sufficient arguments are passed or not and whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep148
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select answers from multiple questions using shell script

I have a text file in this format Some lines.... Question no: 1 The question? A. Answer 1 B. Answer 2 C. Answer 3 D. Answer 4 Answer:B Some lines.... Question no: 2 The question? (choose 2) (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies
SCOLASYNC(1)						       scolasync User Manual						      SCOLASYNC(1)

NAME
scolasync - a file manager dedicated to dealing with a collection of removable media, like music mobile players. It makes easier to copy files to a set of removable media, and to copy files from them. SYNOPSIS
scolasync [{-c | --check}] DESCRIPTION
scolasync allows you to send a series of files towards a set of removable media. Every individual removable storage device is identified, for example to its owner. Then, later, you can retreive modified files from the same collection of removable media and track the modifications attributable to each owner. A possible usage is with students learning a foreign language: they are given homework on their USB sticks, and they bring them back with modified contents to get scores. OPTIONS
-c , --check Enables checkboxes to select a subset of the usb storage media currently plugged to your computer, even if the checkboxes are not wanted in the preferences of the application. FILES
${HOME}/.scolasync/db A database containing the preferences of the application, and the mapping between owners and USB storage media. /usr/share/scolasync/marques.py A dictionary of pecularities which come with some brands of USB storage media. ${HOME}/.scolasync/marques.py This dictionary overrides the settings in the system-wide configuration. ${HOME}/.scolasync/scolasync.log A log file for the application. AUTHOR
Georges Khaznadar <georgesk@ofset.org> Wrote this manpage for the Debian system. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Georges Khaznadar This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. scolasync 06/23/2012 SCOLASYNC(1)