Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting The Start Of A Simple Audio Scope Shell Script... Post 302790863 by wisecracker on Sunday 7th of April 2013 05:00:41 AM
Old 04-07-2013
The DRAW command now works immediately after a REAL scan...
(On the first run it defaults to OFF for slow machines.)
It can be turned off using the HOLD command...

The config file is now a function as Corona688 suggested.

The two images are the SOX sinewave generator auto-running from
the script with the earphone output connected to the mic input using the home
built hardware previously shown and the levels set using the output volume
and mic input controls.

The TBVAR set at 3 in and 3 jump for easy viewing, equvalent to 500uS/DIV,
proving the horizontal calibration is correct, 2 divisions per cycle...

Set to 1mS/DIV and you will see the calibrtaion is correct.

EDIT: Removed one small block, it does not affect the running but was a
copy and paste error on my part... Sorry.

Last edited by wisecracker; 07-14-2013 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: Code now an attachment.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with shell variable's scope

Hi, I am stuck while developing a shell sub-routine which checks the log file for "success" or "failure". The subroutine reads the log file and checks for key word "success", if found it set the variable (found=1). It returns success or failure based on this variable. My problem is, I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjjoy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple shell - how to get a parameter typed in a shell script

Hi, I am new to unix and using linux 7.2. I would like to create a script that would make it easyer for me to run my java programms. At the moment I have to type java myJavaprogram I am trying to write a script that will allow me to type something like this "myscript myJavaprogram" or maybe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmitulescu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scope of a Variable inside shell script

hi all, i'm using the following script, Status=1 Function_do () { while read line; do if ; then #echo $line if ; then Status=0 echo " LINKINK ERROR " fi fi done < ldd.log } Function_do (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vij_krr
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with stop/start Shell Script.

Hi All, I would like to develop a shell script for stop & start an application server (1-4) on Solaris box. Here are the user requirements for this task. 1. User will input the option which server they wish to stop. 2. Will clear cache files from specific location. 3. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venga
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Scope of Shell Programming and scripting

Hi all, I want to know what is the scope and job status of shell Programming and scripting. Does it have any attractive jobs? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each

The scope of the shell/perl script is to read the input text file. Validate the expiry date of each certificate and send the mail to the user. The user takes action to add the new certificate to the storage file and user owns the responsibility to update the input text file with the new certificate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: casmo
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unable to start shell script

Hi, Pleasse could someone advise why i'm getting this error below - No such file or directory dev6:$ ls -ltr ReleaseManagement.sh -rwxr-xr-x 1 dev fix 4830 Aug 22 11:13 ReleaseManagement.sh dev6:$ ./ReleaseManagement.sh : No such file or directory dev6:$ thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Python script to do simple audio capture...

This site is the first to get this snippet. It will capture an audio recording of any time length within the limits of OSX's QuickTime Player's capablility... A shell script derivative of this will be used as a further capture for CygWin's AudioScope.sh. Thoroughly read ALL the comments in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate 10000 unique audio file of 2MB each using shell script.

Hi, I want 10000+ unique Audio file of approx 2MB each. How can i generate numerous audio files using shell script. Any tool, command or suggestions are welcome. If i give one audio seed file then can we create numerous unique files with same seed file? Any help is highly appreciable.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushil.kumar
11 Replies

10. OS X (Apple)

A simple variable frequency sinewave audio generator.

Hi all... Well I have not been inactive but working out how to make OSX 10.14.x command line audio player have a variable sample rate. This is a back door as afplay does not have a sample rate flag unlike aplay for ALSA, in Linux flavours. This is a DEMO only but a derivative of it will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
AUDIO(3)						     Library Functions Manual							  AUDIO(3)

NAME
audio - digital audio input and output SYNOPSIS
bind -a #A /dev /dev/audio /dev/volume DESCRIPTION
The audio device serves a one-level directory, giving access to the stereo audio ports. Audio is the data file, which can be read or writ- ten to use the port. Audio data is a sequence of stereo samples, left sample first. Each sample is a 16 bit little-endian two's comple- ment integer; the default sampling rate is 44.1 kHz. Some implementations only support audio output and return a zero length when read. Volume is the control file associated with the audio port. Each input and output source has an associated stereo volume control, ranging from 0 (quiet) to 100 (loud). In addition, there are controls for the sampling rate of the D/A and A/D converters and for any tone con- trols. Reads return lines of the form source in left value right value out left value right value possibly abbreviated if the values are shared or non-existent. For example, if all of the values are shared, the form degenerates to `source value'. Valid sources depend on the particular audio device, though all devices have a audio stereo source, which controls the output volume from the D/A converter connected to audio. Writes accept the same format with same abbreviations. Writing the string reset sets all of the attributes to their default value, and if no attribute is supplied, audio is assumed. The Sound Blaster 16 (or MCD) is half-duplex and has the following controls. audio out Data written to audio. synth in out MIDI synthesizer. cd in out CD player. line in out Line-level input. mic in out Monaural microphone input. speaker in out Monaural internal speaker connection. treb out Stereo treble tone control. Values less than 50 decrease the treble, those greater increase it. bass out Stereo bass tone control. speed in out Sampling rate for the D/A and A/D converters, expressed in Hz. Defaults to 44100. Indigo audio is full-duplex and has the following controls. audio out Data written to audio. line in out Line-level input. mic in out Microphone input. aes in out Digital input. Nextstation audio is output only and has the following controls. audio Data written to audio. deemp A value of zero turns off the stereo de-emphasis filter, any other value turns it on. SOURCE
/sys/src/9/*/devaudio.c AUDIO(3)