Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing the value of variable which is read from command line in called script Post 302790573 by varun22486 on Friday 5th of April 2013 07:23:58 PM
Old 04-05-2013
Passing a variable

It did not work failed saying unexpected <<

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the command line argument in a variable

Hi, I am new to unix. Is their a way to pass the output of the line below to a variable var1. ls -1t | head -1. I am trying something like var1=ls -1t | head -1, but I get error. Situation is: I get file everyday through FTP in my unix box. I have to write a script that picks up first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing global variable to a function which is called by another function

Hi , I have three funcions f1, f2 and f3 . f1 calls f2 and f2 calls f3 . I have a global variable "period" which i want to pass to f3 . Can i pass the variable directly in the definition of f3 ? Pls help . sars (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a variables value from the called script to calling script using ksh

How do i get the value of the variable from the called script(script2) to the calling script(script1) in ksh ? I've given portion of the script here to explain the problem. Portion of Script 1 ============= ----- ----- tmp=`a.ksh p1 p2 p3` if then # error processing fi -----... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajarkumar
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Command Line Args in a Single Variable?

Hello All, I have a Bash Script and an Expect script that together will SSH to another server and do some stuff there... From within the Bash Script I process the Command Line Arguments, which are Required Args and Optional Args. When I call the Expect script from the Bash Script, I pass... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variable argument to a script which is being called inside awk

consider the script below sh /opt/hqe/hqapi1-client-5.0.0/bin/hqapi.sh alert list --host=localhost --port=7443 --user=hqadmin --password=hqadmin --secure=true >/tmp/alerts.xml awk -F'' '{for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){ if($i=="Alert id") { if(id!="") if(dt!=""){ cmd="sh someScript.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a two files, line by line in UNIX script and how to assign shell variable to awk ..?

Input are file and file1 file contains store.bal product.bal category.bal admin.bal file1 contains flip.store.bal ::FFFF:BADC:CD28,::FFFF:558E:11C5,6,8,2,1,::FFFF:81C8:CA8B,::FFFF:BADC:CD28,1,0,0,0,::FFFF:81C8:11C5,2,1,0,0,::FFFF:81DC:3111,1,0,1,0 store.bal.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeruasu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing variable from called script to the caller script

Hi all, Warm regards! I am in a difficult situation here. I have been trying to create a shell script which calls another shell script inside. Here is a simplified version of the same. Calling Script. #!/bin/ksh # want to run as a different process... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LoneRanger
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing command line parameters into script

Not a good post. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing stdin value into a script that is called from another script

I'm trying to automatically pass user input values into a script that is being called from another script, below is my current script and I added a comment next to the script where it asks user to enter input value. Thanks, mbak #!/bin/ksh echo " Adding disks for DB server then Enter YES... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the output of a command line by line and pass it as a variable?

Hi, I have some 2000 names in a table like below. Java Oracle/SQL ANSI SQL SQL,DWH,DB DB&Java And by using for loop in my code i am able to get a single word but if there is any special character or space then it is considering as a next line. I have to execute the below queries in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
10 Replies
STARPU_WORKERS_ACTIVITY:(1)					   User Commands				       STARPU_WORKERS_ACTIVITY:(1)

NAME
starpu_workers_activity: - manual page for starpu_workers_activity: 40: [: --version: unexpected operator DESCRIPTION
./starpu_workers_activity: 40: [: --help: unexpected operator ./starpu_workers_activity: 40: [: --help: unexpected operator ./starpu_work- ers_activity: 45: [: --help: unexpected operator ./starpu_workers_activity: 45: [: --help: unexpected operator ./starpu_workers_activity: 45: [: --help: unexpected operator Error. File <--help> not found Offline tool to display the activity of the workers during the execution. The starpu_fxt_tool utility now generates a file named 'activity.data' which can be processed by this script to generate a plot named activity.eps Typical usage: ./starpu_fxt_tool -i /tmp/prof_file_foo ./starpu_workers_activity activity.data OPTIONS
-h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version output version information and exit -h, --help display this help and exit -v, --version output version information and exit REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <starpu-devel@lists.gforge.inria.fr> ./starpu_workers_activity: 40: [: --version: unexpected operator ./starpu_workers_activity: 45: [: --version: unexpected operator ./starpu_workers_activity: 45: [: --version: unexpected operator ./starpu_workers_activity: 45: [: --version: unexpected operator Error. File <--version> not found Offline tool to display the activity of the workers during the execution. The starpu_fxt_tool utility now generates a file named 'activity.data' which can be processed by this script to generate a plot named activity.eps Typical usage: ./starpu_fxt_tool -i /tmp/prof_file_foo ./starpu_workers_activity activity.data Report bugs to <starpu-devel@lists.gforge.inria.fr> starpu_workers_activity: 40: [: --version: unexpected operator November 2013 STARPU_WORKERS_ACTIVITY:(1)