Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Compatibility between UNIXes
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compatibility between UNIXes Post 302790483 by rveri on Friday 5th of April 2013 01:04:48 PM
Old 04-05-2013
Like the explanation. And the picture is awesome, that is how 1965's mainframes were looks like. correct.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Motherboard Compatibility

Hi there,, I URGENTLY need to know if the Gigabyte GA 8IDML Motherboard is compatible with the Unix BSD. We need to know if we should buy new boards before we can use the product. Thanking you Hannelie Bosch:confused: :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hbosch
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compatibility problem ??!!

hi! i have two problems with the following script who prepares a date (removes the heading zero from day if day<10) for arithmetical operations: <script> #!/usr/bin/sh DAY=`date +%d`; echo 1 - $DAY;#i.e. 06 DAY=${DAY#0}; echo 2 - $DAY;#i.e. 6 </script> 1. every time i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oti
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Program Compatibility

I really Hate the Monopoly Microsoft has over Software, but the fact remains it exists... so I wonder if there was a way to enable Programs Made for Windows and Mac to be Run in Unix as if it was in the Specified OS. Like a Compatibility Wizard. Or in a dual boot computer, for Unix to be able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Elliandr
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Disks compatibility

Hi all, I am trying to isntall veritas replicator on 2 DA 3000 storage , But with little luck . I am running a solaris 10 and vsf 4.1, Veritas Volume Replicator Option 4.1 My question is that : when i got the array i had 2 disks missing , So we had to replace them , but I found out that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

About compatibility of HP-UX 11i

Could you please tell me if Informix 7.20 UD2 works on HP-UX 11i and if applications that works on HP-UX 10.20 and Informix 7.20 UD2 works on HP-UX 11i. Thanks a lot. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irene Martínez
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

LTO Compatibility

Is any one told me that LTO3 tape Cartridge is compatible with LTO2 Tape Drive. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shawn Paul
2 Replies

7. SCO

Binary compatibility

Hi I'm going to buy C-ISAM 7.25 under sco unixware 7 to install in sco openserver 5.0.7. I'm wondering sco unixware 7 and sco openserver 5.0.6 are binary compatibles ? tnx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 - HW compatibility

Sorry, if this isn't the right forum for this question. I would like to compile an executable with gcc/g++ under Solaris 10 on the following OLDER SPARC-machine and then run this executable on the NEW SPARC-machine (see description down in this post). I'm wondering if it would be possible or if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunfire
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Init vs rc scripts, history, different UNIXes

Why not just init? What do /etc/rc*.* scripts, rc*.*d and init*.*d directories and directory trees, etc (ex like svc, startsrc, and on and on) do that init and inittab do not or could not do? Is it just so novice SysAdmins need not mess with init? Is there an overview anyplace of how start-up... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Compatibility

Hi all. I'm in the process of migrating existing script on UNIX server to the LINUX platform. One of the script that have issues is this one: cd /home/edwh_test/S13018/EDWH-DMT03/stgdata/RPT/ # GIANT # rm -f INPUT_GIANT.csv filename=INPUT_GIANT_*csv GIANT_MONYYYY=$(echo $filename | awk... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aimy
9 Replies
Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3)

NAME
Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar - return Dwarn @return_value SYNOPSIS
use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return Dwarn some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; if (wantarray) { my @return = some_call(...); warn Dumper(@return); return @return; } else { my $return = some_call(...); warn Dumper($return); return $return; } but shorter. If you need to force scalar context on the value, use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnS some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my $return = some_call(...); warn Dumper($return); return $return; If you need to force list context on the value, use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnL some_call(...) is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my @return = some_call(...); warn Dumper(@return); return @return; If you want to label your output, try DwarnN use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; return DwarnN $foo is equivalent to: use Data::Dumper::Concise; my @return = some_call(...); warn '$foo => ' . Dumper(@return); return @return; If you want to output a reference returned by a method easily, try $Dwarn $foo->bar->{baz}->$Dwarn is equivalent to: my $return = $foo->bar->{baz}; warn Dumper($return); return $return; If you want to format the output of your data structures, try DwarnF my ($a, $c) = DwarnF { "awesome: $_[0] not awesome: $_[1]" } $awesome, $cheesy; is equivalent to: my @return = ($awesome, $cheesy); warn DumperF { "awesome: $_[0] not awesome: $_[1]" } $awesome, $cheesy; return @return; If you want to immediately die after outputting the data structure, every Dwarn subroutine has a paired Ddie version, so just replace the warn with die. For example: DdieL 'foo', { bar => 'baz' }; DESCRIPTION
use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; will import Dwarn, $Dwarn, DwarnL, DwarnN, and DwarnS into your namespace. Using Exporter, so see its docs for ways to make it do something else. Dwarn sub Dwarn { return DwarnL(@_) if wantarray; DwarnS($_[0]) } $Dwarn $Dwarn = &Dwarn $DwarnN $DwarnN = &DwarnN DwarnL sub Dwarn { warn Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper @_; @_ } DwarnS sub DwarnS ($) { warn Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper $_[0]; $_[0] } DwarnN sub DwarnN { warn '$argname => ' . Data::Dumper::Concise::Dumper $_[0]; $_[0] } Note: this requires Devel::ArgNames to be installed. DwarnF sub DwarnF (&@) { my $c = shift; warn &Data::Dumper::Concise::DumperF($c, @_); @_ } TIPS AND TRICKS
global usage Instead of always just doing: use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar; Dwarn ... We tend to do: perl -MData::Dumper::Concise::Sugar foo.pl (and then in the perl code:) ::Dwarn ... That way, if you leave them in and run without the "use Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar" the program will fail to compile and you are less likely to check it in by accident. Furthmore it allows that much less friction to add debug messages. method chaining One trick which is useful when doing method chaining is the following: my $foo = Bar->new; $foo->bar->baz->Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar::DwarnS->biff; which is the same as: my $foo = Bar->new; (DwarnS $foo->bar->baz)->biff; SEE ALSO
You probably want Devel::Dwarn, it's the shorter name for this module. perl v5.16.2 2011-01-20 Data::Dumper::Concise::Sugar(3)