Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help with a script to grep items in one file from another file Post 302790071 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 4th of April 2013 03:09:14 PM
Old 04-04-2013
Here is another one with awk:
Code:
awk '
NR==FNR {obj[$1$2]=1; fn=FILENAME; next}
/^List/ {
if(s!="") printf "%s has %d objects from %s\n",s,cnt,fn
s=$0; cnt=0
next
}
$1$2 in obj {cnt++}
END {
if(s!="") printf "%s has %d objects from %s\n",s,cnt,fn
}' File2 File1

Solaris needs /usr/xpg4/bin/awk or nawk.

Last edited by MadeInGermany; 04-04-2013 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: removed some rubbish
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing items from a file with batch

Please assist with awk scirpts: I need to remove items from a file in a batch: The file that I will remove from has the following format: abc00tef:10.81.12.3 abc01tef:10.81.12.3 abc02tef:10.81.12.3 abc03tef:10.81.12.3 abc04tef:10.81.12.3 abc05tef:10.81.12.3 I have a file which... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amir07
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting double items in file

Hi, i need a script, which deletes doulbe items in a file. My file looks like: - - - xxx xxx G123 G234 G234 G234 o o ... First i want to sort the file an then i want to delete double items. Can anyone help me. I work under solaris10. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: free2k
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding missing items in file

I have a need to compare 2 files, then print results to file. Need to find items from file2 that are not found in file 1. thanks in advance! example: file 1: abcde=12 fffff=6 bbbb=35 file2: abcde=12 fffff=6 bbbb=35 ccccc=10 kkkkk=45 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: discostu
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to grep a pattern from file compare contents with another file and replace

Hi All, Need help on this I have 2 files one file file1 which has several entries as : define service{ hostgroup_name !host1,!host5,!host6,.* service_description check_nrpe } define service{ hostgroup_name !host2,!host4,!host6,.* service_description check_opt } another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namitai
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find/grep two items and display both

I have a file against which I can grep a string for. I can also check for that string count using wc -l (or grep -c). I need to display the results of both in one output i.e. 'line containing string' and 'count' - what would be the most efficient way of managing this? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haider1
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to grep Job File name and Log File name from crontab -l

Hello, I am new to shell scripting. I need to write a shell script where i can grep the name of file ie. .sh file and log file from crontab -l. #51 18 * * * /home/oracle/refresh/refresh_ug634.sh > /home/oracle/refresh/refresh_ug634.sh.log 2>&1 #40 17 * * * /home/oracle/refresh/refresh_ux634.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guptra
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep - Searching for multiple items using one command

I am performing a regular check on UNIX servers which involves logging onto UNIX servers and using the grep command to check if a GID exists in the /etc/group directory e.g. grep 12345 /etc/group I have five to check on each server, is there anyway I can incorporate them into one command and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @MeDaveT
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to delete items in an array from a file

I need to create a shell script to delete multiple items (Strings) at a time from a file. I need to iterate through a list of strings. My plan is to create an array and then iterate through the array. My code is not working #!/bin/bash -x declare -a array=(one, two, three, four)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass an array to awk to sequentially look for a list of items in a file

Hello, I need to collect some statistical results from a series of files that are being generated by other software. The files are tab delimited. There are 4 different sets of statistics in each file where there is a line indicating what the statistic set is, followed by 5 lines of values. It... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to process a list of items and uncomment lines with that item in a second file

Hello, I have a src code file where I need to uncomment many lines. The lines I need to uncomment look like, C CALL l_r(DESNAME,DESOUT, 'Gmax', ESH(10), NO_APP, JJ) The comment is the "C" in the first column. This needs to be deleted so that there are 6 spaces preceding "CALL".... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
7 Replies
scsi_setup_cdb(9F)					   Kernel Functions for Drivers 					scsi_setup_cdb(9F)

NAME
scsi_setup_cdb - setup SCSI command descriptor block (CDB) SYNOPSIS
int scsi_setup_cdb(union scsi_cdb *cdbp, uchar_t cmd, uint_t addr, uint_t cnt, uint_t othr_cdb_data); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). PARAMETERS
cdbp Pointer to command descriptor block. cmd The first byte of the SCSI group 0, 1, 2, 4, or 5 CDB. addr Pointer to the location of the data. cnt Data transfer length in units defined by the SCSI device type. For sequential devices cnt is the number of bytes. For block devices, cnt is the number of blocks. othr_cdb_data Additional CDB data. DESCRIPTION
scsi_setup_cdb() function initializes a group 0, 1, 2, 4, or 5 type of command descriptor block pointed to by cdbp using cmd, addr, cnt, othr_cdb_data. addr should be set to 0 for commands having no addressing information (for example, group 0 READ command for sequential access devices). othr_cdb_data should be additional CDB data for Group 4 commands; otherwise, it should be set to 0. scsi_setup_cdb() function does not set the LUN bits in CDB[1] as the makecom(9F) functions do. Also, the fixed bit for sequential access device commands is not set. RETURN VALUES
scsi_setup_cdb() returns: 1 Upon success. 0 Upon failure. CONTEXT
These functions can be called from a user or interrupt context. SEE ALSO
makecom(9F), scsi_pkt(9S) Writing Device Drivers American National Standard Small Computer System Interface-2 (SCSI-2) American National Standard SCSI-3 Primary Commands (SPC) SunOS 5.10 23 Jun 1997 scsi_setup_cdb(9F)