Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script for converting file to Excel or CSV Post 302790051 by Yoda on Thursday 4th of April 2013 02:44:54 PM
Old 04-04-2013
If your data is spooled from DB, you can create a CSV output by setting the column separator to comma in SQL:
Code:
set colsep ,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for converting file contents into CSV

Hi, I am new in unix, I just want to replace some values from text file according to column numbers. Like, I am having a table as given below: val1 val2 val3 val4 val5 val6 val7 val8 val9 val10 val11 val12 val13 Now i want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rish_max
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in converting password protected excel file to csv file in unix

I need to convert a password protected excel file which will be in UNIX server to a comma separated file. For this I need to open the excel file in UNIX box but the UNIX box doesn't prompt for password instead it is opened in an encrypted manner. I could manually ftp the excel file to local... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devivish
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

editing excel file through shell script

Hi, I am having a business file in excel having charts based on data already present on it. I would like to add new rows after the existing data and refesh the chart on it using shell script. For example-- In excel file in "sheet1", There is some data in first 10 rows ( from column A to F).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay1979
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a excel file to a .csv file from unix script

Hi I have a excel file in unix machine and have to convert it into a .csv file.I have to do this from a unix script.How do we do this? Thanks Abhinav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - Excel/CSV file - More than one tab

Hi All, Following is my requirement. I have searched the site and found some threads which has same queries, but non of them have any answer. I thought of posting it once more. We are generating different reports through shell script after we finish our data load. Currently there are 7 such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Text from input file truncated while converting it to excel

Dear Members, I am using the attached script to convert a input file delimited by '|' to excel. However, while processing the attribute change_reason, the whole content of the text under change_reason is not displayed completely in the cell in excel. It is truncated after only first few words.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting specific Excel file tabs to CSV in Python

Hi list, This is probably something really simple, but I am not particularly familiar with Python so I thought I would ask as I know that python has an excel module. I have an excel document with multiple tabs of data and graphs. One of the tabs is just data which I require to have dumped to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Create excel file(.csv) using shell script?

Hi, i have shell script which compiles n number of test cases and execute them one by one. i want to create report in excel through script in which two columns namely "test id" and "release".second column have two subcolumns namely compiles and excutes. so i want first column should display test... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: RamMore123
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while Converting Excel to CSV using xls2csv

I am using xls2csv to convert a xls file into a regular .csv file. However, while using the command as xls2csv fromfile.xls > tofile.csv I am getting the following error. fromfile.xls is not OLE file or Error I also tried to specify the comma as delimiter but did not help... xls2csv -c\,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabbed multiple csv files into one single excel file with using shell script not perl

Hi Experts, I am querying backup status results for multiple databases and getting each and every database result in one csv file. so i need to combine all csv files in one excel file with separate tabs. I am not familiar with perl script so i am using shell script. Could anyone please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakrk2
4 Replies
RDF::Trine::Exporter::CSV(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    RDF::Trine::Exporter::CSV(3pm)

NAME
RDF::Trine::Exporter::CSV - Export RDF data to CSV VERSION
This document describes RDF::Trine::Exporter::CSV version 1.000 SYNOPSIS
use RDF::Trine::Exporter::CSV; DESCRIPTION
The RDF::Trine::Exporter::CSV class provides an API for serializing RDF data to CSV strings and files. METHODS
"new ( sep_char => $sep_char, quote => $bool )" Returns a new RDF::Trine::Exporter::CSV object. If $sep_char is provided, it is used as the separator character in CSV serialization, otherwise a comma (",") is used. "serialize_iterator_to_file ( $file, $iterator )" Serializes the bindings objects produced by $iterator, printing the results to the supplied filehandle "<$fh">. "serialize_iterator_to_string ( $iterator )" Serializes the bindings objects produced by $iterator, returning the result as a string. BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to through the GitHub web interface at <https://github.com/kasei/perlrdf/issues>. AUTHOR
Gregory Todd Williams "<gwilliams@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2012 Gregory Todd Williams. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-29 RDF::Trine::Exporter::CSV(3pm)