Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Unable to varyonvg after copy vg from XIV Post 302789927 by ckwan on Thursday 4th of April 2013 12:25:57 PM
Old 04-04-2013
Unable to varyonvg after copy vg from XIV

Hi all,
I am not sure whether anyone of you using XIV to copy vg from one host to another. After I managed to copy all the respective vg over to destination vg, and map all vg to destination and when come to varyonvg, I got the following error

0516-510 varyonvg: Physical volume not found for physical volume
identifier 00f626989f51fcae.

Anyone encounter this before, hope you can share some idea why it happen and how to resolve this ?

Is this something I didn't perform before I varyonvg ?

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to varyonvg

Hello all, Strange problem on p5 520 server. I've created two volume groups, filesystems, etc.. Everything working fine, without any problem. After some tests with a DS4300 unit I wanted to remove the volume groups, change the DS4300 configuration, and re-create a new volumegroup. However, I'm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EricBE
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to copy or move file

I am trying to move a file that is in the root directory. I suspect it is an old file created by someone when the system was installed. I am testing accessing the file by doing a copy but the command does not find the file. I am operating as root. We are HP-UX B.11.23 I do long listing and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phcorn
3 Replies

3. AIX

FastT600 - Cannot varyonvg on one server, but can varyonvg other server.

Good evening, Thanks a lot for your help, we appreciate it a bunch. Heres basically a summary of what we have (sorry Im adding some extra history as well): We have 2 Ibm Servers (Hag and Aki) that are running AIX Version 5. Each connect to a SAN device via 2 separate fiber paths. Hag seems to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix-olympics
9 Replies

4. AIX

AIX varyonvg PVMISSING

Hi all. I'm new to AIX, so... We are running a BCV process between two AIX 5 machines attached to EMC Clariion SAN. During the varyonvg portion of the BCV process, we experienced a failure due to the physical volume is marked missing (PVMISSING). What diagnostics can I run to see the missing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KSFlyer
2 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to execute varyonvg during importvg

Hello, On Aix 5.3, during importvg, the varyonvg fails: importvg -y vgtest hdisk20 0516-013 varyonvg: The volume group cannot be varied on because there are no good copies of the descriptor area. When i use manually the command varyonvg -u -b -t vgtest to force, the vg can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
3 Replies

6. Solaris

NIS slave unable to copy the data bases

Hi, I'm learning for my Solaris 10 sys-admin part 2. I'm now trying to get nis working because for the exercise. I run in to a problem. Setup: Three Systems solaris101 (client) Nothing wrong here havent made any config changes yet. solaris102 (master server) Interfaces ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jld
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris with Soft Errors in XIV

Hi guys, I had a solaris box, with veritas controled disk. 1 disc is showing soft errors, how can I repair the soft errors? Please help. Cheers; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mujakol
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to copy contents

I am trying to move content of a folder usingls /backup/db_backups/INCREMENTAL/|while read file ; do mv $file /backup_LOCAL/db_backups/INCREMENTAL/ done...but when I run this command using a bash script I'm getting this error ./test.sh mv: cannot stat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
6 Replies

9. AIX

Failed Disk,unable to varyonvg

Iam new to AIX I am unable varyonvg on the vios,some of the disk are reported as harware failure. I am going to replace the disk,Please tell me how to remove the disk without any corruption in the VG lspv -l hdiskx also didn't work (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roayaix
0 Replies

10. AIX

Is my XIV device open?

Hi there, I am trying to determine if a specific XIV LUN on AIX is in OPEN or CLOSED state. I would like tthe same info as I can get from pcmpath command on v7000 LUN-s. I would need this info to find out if I can safely delete a LUN or not. I tried fuser command, but no luck. It did not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trifo75
6 Replies
hdf_copy(3)							  util/neo_hdf.h						       hdf_copy(3)

NAME
hdf_copy - copy part of an HDF dataset to another SYNOPSIS
#include <util/neo_hdf.h> NEOERR* hdf_copy (HDF *dest_hdf, const char *name, HDF *src); ARGUMENTS
dest_hdf -> the destination dataset name -> the name of the destination node src -> the hdf dataset to copy to the destination DESCRIPTION
hdf_copy is a deep copy of an HDF tree pointed to by src to the named node of dest. dest and src need not be part of the same data set RETURN VALUE
None SEE ALSO
hdf_set_symlink(3), hdf_get_valuef(3), compareFunc)(3), hdf_dump_str(3), hdf_get_int_value(3), hdf_read_string_ignore(3), hdf_copy(3), hdf_get_node(3), hdf_set_value(3), hdf_obj_child(3), hdf_read_string(3), hdf_set_buf(3), hdf_register_fileload(3), hdf_get_obj(3), hdf_get_attr(3), hdf_obj_top(3), hdf_dump_format(3), hdf_destroy(3), hdf_init(3), hdf_obj_value(3), hdf_write_string(3), hdf_set_val- uevf(3), hdf_sort_obj(3), hdf_write_file_atomic(3), hdf_obj_attr(3), hdf_set_valuef(3), hdf_get_copy(3), hdf_write_file(3), hdf_get_val- uevf(3), hdf_set_int_value(3), hdf_dump(3), hdf_get_value(3), hdf_set_copy(3), hdf_obj_next(3), hdf_search_path(3), hdf_obj_name(3), hdf_set_attr(3), hdf_get_child(3), hdf_remove_tree ClearSilver 12 July 2007 hdf_copy(3)