Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing inline binary data from txt file Post 302789923 by Yoda on Thursday 4th of April 2013 12:18:14 PM
Old 04-04-2013
Try this gawk code:
Code:
gawk '{gsub(/[[:cntrl:]]/,x)}1' inputfile > outputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary data to text file conversion

Dear Sir; i want to know how the binary data convert to text file or readablw format (ASCII).If possible pl. help me for the software and where it is available for download. i.e. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: auro123
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

get data from .txt file

Hi I have a file diskspace.txt the data in that file is asFilesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg06/lvol1 18870272 12099836 6673336 64% /dist know i am writing a script to get the above bold data and that data need to be used as a input. any idea... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkrishnag
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary txt file received when i use uuencode to send txt file as attachment

Hi, I have already read a lot of posts on sending attachments in unix...but none of them were of help for my problem...so here goes.. i wanna attach a text file and send to a mail id..used the following code : uuencode "$File1" "$File1" ;|mail -s "$Mail_sub" abc@abc.com it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash22
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for removing text from a txt file

Hello, So I wanted to write a very simple script to remove some information from a text file and save it as something else. For example I have a text file (let's call it txt) with three rows of numbers: 0 0 1 9 8 7 5 0 6 7 9 0 0 7 9 8 1 1 6 4 0 6 0 0 9 8 4 6 0 9 2 8 1 And I want to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hertingm
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check the file data type(ascii or binary)

hi i am receiving a file from one system , i have to verify the format of the file data i.e whether the data is in acii format or binary format, please help thanks in advance satya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

6. Programming

writing binary/struct data to file

I am trying to write binary data to a file. My program below: #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> struct tinner { int j; int k; }; struct touter { int i; struct tinner *inner; }; int main() { struct touter data; data.i = 10; struct tinner... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radiatejava
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To log binary file output to a txt file

Hi, I wrote a small script whose function is to execute the postemsg provided if the threshold breaches. I want to log this postemsg messages to a log file. But I am not able to do. Can someone throw some light on how to log the output of this. I am pasting a snippet of that code. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data extraction from .txt file

Hey all, i´ve got the following problem: i´m aquiring data with an instrument and i get data in a .txt file. This is how the txt file looks like: Report of AU program poptau F1P=-49.986ppm F2P=-110.014ppm Target directory for serfile: D:/data/Spect500/nmr/Thoma/882 Linear... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: expikx
17 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Xterm logging on Cygwin/X - binary data in log file.

I have Cygwin/X installed on Windows 7. In an xterm, I turned on logging via Main Options > Log to File. When I open my log file with Vim I get a warning that it might be binary. Looking through the file I see what I think are VT datastream escape characters. It makes it hard to use the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gctaylor
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing PATTERN from txt without removing lines and general text formatting

Hi Everybody! First post! Totally noobie. I'm using the terminal to read a poorly formatted book. The text file contains, in the middle of paragraphs, hyphenation to split words that are supposed to be on multiple pages. It looks ve -- ry much like this. I was hoping to use grep -v " -- "... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AxeHandle
5 Replies
sepol_genusers(3)				     SE Linux binary policy API documentation					 sepol_genusers(3)

NAME
sepol_genusers - Generate a new binary policy image with a customized user configuration SYNOPSIS
#include <sepol/sepol.h> int sepol_genusers(void *data, size_t len, const char *usersdir, void *newdata, size_t *newlen); void sepol_set_delusers(int on); DESCRIPTION
sepol_genusers generates a new binary policy image from an existing binary policy image stored in the memory region described by the start- ing address data and the length len and a pair of user configuration files named system.users and local.users from the directory specified by usersdir. The resulting binary policy is placed into dynamically allocated memory and the variables newdata and newlen are set to refer to the new binary image's starting address and length. The original binary policy image is not modified. By default, sepol_genusers will preserve user entries that are defined in the original binary policy image but not defined in the user con- figuration files. If such user entries should instead by omitted entirely from the new binary policy image, then the sepol_set_delusers function may be called with on set to 1 prior to calling sepol_genusers in order to enable deletion of such users. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 on success or -1 otherwise, with errno set appropriately. An errno of ENOENT indicates that one or both of the user configura- tion files did not exist. An errno of EINVAL indicates that either the original binary policy image or the generated one were invalid. An errno of ENOMEM indicates that insufficient memory was available to process the original binary policy image or to generate the new policy image. Invalid entries in the user configuration files are skipped with a warning. sds@tycho.nsa.gov 15 March 2005 sepol_genusers(3)