Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Search for a word and print the next word Post 302789813 by sampoorna on Thursday 4th of April 2013 08:51:13 AM
Old 04-04-2013
Perfect, thank you very much

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word and print specific string using awk

Hi, I have list of directory paths in a variable and i want to delete those dirs and if dir does not exist then search that string and get the correct path from xml file after that delete the correct directory. i tried to use grep and it prints the entire line from the search.once i get the entire... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragon.1431
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search-word-print-specific-string

Hi, Our input xml looks like: <doc> <str name="account_id">1111</str> <str name="prd_id">DHEP155EK</str> </doc> - <doc> <str name="account_id">6666</str> <str name="prd_id">394531662</str> </doc> - <doc> <str name="account_id">6666</str> <str... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jassz
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the word to be deleted and delete lines above this word starting from P1 to P3

Hi, I have to search a word in a text file and then I have to delete lines above from the word searched . For eg suppose the file is like this: Records P1 10,23423432 ,77:1 ,234:2 P2 10,9089004 ,77:1 ,234:2 ,87:123 ,9898:2 P3 456456 P1 :123,456456546 P2 abc:324234 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to search for a particular word in files and print the word and path name

Hi, i am new to unix shell scripting and i need a script which would search for a particular word in all the files present in a directory. The output should have the word and file path name. For example: "word" "path name". Thanks for the reply in adv,:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtual_45
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search string in unix and print whole matching word

Hi I have requirement to search string starting with specific characters and print whole matching word in that string. example mystr="ATTRIBUTE NAME="Event Name" VALUE="Execute"" I want to search by passing "NAME=" and result should be NAME="Event Name". i am using below command but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl lwp find word and print next word :)

hi all, I'm new there, I'm just playing with perl and lwp and I just successfully created a script for log in to a web site with post. I have a response but I would like to have something like this: I have in my response lines like: <div class="sender">mimi020</div> <some html code.....>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vogueestylee
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for the word and exporting 35 characters after that word using shell script?

I have a file input.txt which have loads of weird characters, html tags and useful materials. I want to display 35 characters after the word description excluding weird characters like $$#$#@$#@***$# and without html tags in the new file output.txt. Help me. Thanx in advance. My final goal is to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for the word and exporting 35 characters after that word using shell script

I have a file input.txt which have loads of weird characters, html tags and useful materials. I want to display 35 characters after the word "description" excluding weird characters like $&lmp and without html tags in the new file output.txt. Help me. Thanx in advance. I have attached the input... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachit adhikari
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to search for a word in column header that fully matches the word not partially in awk?

I have a multicolumn text file with header in the first row like this The headers are stored in an array called . which contains I want to search for each elements of this array from that multicolumn text file. And I am using this awk approach for ii in ${hdr} do gawk -vcol="$ii" -F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atta
1 Replies
LaTeX2HTML(1)						      General Commands Manual						     LaTeX2HTML(1)

NAME
latex2html - translate LaTeX files to HTML (HyperText Markup Language) SYNOPSIS
latex2html [-address author-address] [-antialias] [-antialias_text] [-ascii_mode] [-auto_navigation] [-auto_prefix] [-biblio URL] [-bottom_navigation] [-contents URL] [-contents_in_navigation] [-custom_titles] [-debug] [-dir output-directory] [-discard] [-down_title string] [-down_url URL] [-external_file filename] [-external_images] [-font_size size] [-h(elp)] [-html_version (2.0|3.0|3.2)[,(math|i18n|table)]*] [-images_only] [-index URL] [-index_in_navigation] [-info string] [-init_file file] [-iso_language type] [-ldump] [-link num] [-local_icons] [-long_titles num] [-next_page_in_navigation] [-no_antialias] [-no_antialias_text] [-no_auto_link] [-no_footnode] [-no_fork] [-no_images] [-no_math] [-no_navigation] [-no_reuse] [-no_subdir] [-no_tex_defs] [-no_white] [-nolatex] [-numbered_footnotes] [-prefix filename-prefix] [-prev_title string] [-prev_url URL] [-previous_page_in_navigation] [-ps_images] [-reuse reuse_option] [-scalable_fonts] [-short_extn] [-short_index] [-show_section_numbers] [-split + num] [-split num] [-t top-page-title] [-tmp path] [-toc_depth num] [-toc_stars] [-top_navigation] [-unsegment] [-up_title string] [-up_url URL] [-v] [-verbosity num] [-white] file(s) DESCRIPTION
LaTeX2HTML is a Perl program that translates LaTeX source files into HTML. For each source file given as an argument the translator will create a directory containing the corresponding HTML files. See the WWW online documentation or the /usr/share/doc/pack- ages/latex2html/manual.ps.gz file for more detailed information and examples. PROBLEMS
For information on various problems and remedies see the WWW online documentation or the documents available in the distribution. A mail- ing list for technical discussion about latex2html, bugs and enhancements is available at latex2html@tug.org SUSE installation In /usr/share/doc/packages/latex2html you may find more information about this package. AUTHOR
Nikos Drakos, Computer Based Learning Unit, University of Leeds <nikos@cbl.leeds.ac.uk>. Several people have contributed suggestions, ideas, solutions, support and encouragement. The pstogif script uses the pstoppm.ps postscript program originally written by Phillip Conrad (Perfect Byte, Inc.) and modified by L. Peter Deutsch (Aladdin Enterprises). 7th Edition LaTeX2HTML(1)