Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mailx recipient from mysql database Post 302789685 by ahamed101 on Thursday 4th of April 2013 05:07:48 AM
Old 04-04-2013
Try this and if you still get any errors, please paste the output with -x option
Code:
EMAIL_ADDRESS=$( mysql -uroot -pgurlia001 smsd -N -s -r -e "SELECT email FROM recipient" | tr '\n' ' ')

--ahamed

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx recipient restriction

maybe a simple question, but i've looked around and not been able to find anything. is there a restriction on how many recipients can be used in a single mailx command? whether it's a numeric restriction or a size restriction (like 256k for the whole recipient parameter). thanks a lot. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris32680
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx Recipient and Name Script

Hi To All, I have a file with email addresses, most of which have names associated with them, it looks like this: http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8255/94731317.th.jpg I am trying to come up with a script to use mailx (or anything else really) to send an email to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slicker
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connect MySQL database from Unix

How to connect a MySQL database from unix using unix shell scripting ( people are using perl scrpt to connect the same database). I want to access a MySQL database through a shell script (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to backup a particular Database in MYSQL?

Hi All, Thanks in Advance!! How to backup a particular Databases..through Bash script!! For example i have 6 databases; Anish linux Software Questions Rhce Google these are the databases i have from that i want to take "Anish" and "questions" database backup regularly.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
4 Replies

5. Programming

Mailx recipient from mysql database

Dear All, Can I make Mailx to read recipient address from a mysql database? I already tried emailing with bash script: SUBJECT="TEST" export EMAIL_ADDRESS=`mysql -uroot -pabcde smsd -e "SELECT email FROM recipient"` mysql -uroot -pabcde smsd -e "SELECT ID, SenderName, Body FROM inbox" |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzyzha
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Apache users from MySQL database

Hi team, How can I implement a users in MySQL database for Apache users, assuming that I'm using RHEL6. That is to say, how can I design this database and how let's Apache server know those user in this database. Thanks in advance.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
3 Replies
PMDAMYSQL(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						      PMDAMYSQL(1)

NAME
pmdamysql - MySQL database PMDA DESCRIPTION
pmdamysql is a Performance Co-Pilot PMDA which extracts live performance data from a running MySQL database. INSTALLATION
pmdamysql uses a configuration file from (in this order): o /etc/pcpdbi.conf o $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf This file can contain overridden values (Perl code) for the settings listed at the start of pmdamysql.pl, namely: o database name (see DBI(3) for details) o database user name o database pass word Once this is setup, you can access the names and values for the mysql performance metrics by doing the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql # ./Remove pmdamysql is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. Binary Status values in text Some of the status values are in the form of YES/NO or ON/OFF. Since these cannot be intepreted by tools like PMIE, they have been duplicated with a _num extension and the values of 1 (YES/ON) or 0 (NO/OFF). Eg: o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running o mysql.slave_status.slave_io_running_num FILES
/etc/pcpdbi.conf configuration file for all PCP database monitors $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/mysql.conf configuration file for pmdamysql $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Install installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/mysql/Remove undo installation script for the pmdamysql agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/mysql.log default log file for error messages from pmdamysql SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), pmdadbping.pl(1) and DBI(3). # vi: sw=4 ts=4 et: 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDAMYSQL(1)