Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Selecting sequences based on scores Post 302789603 by ahamed101 on Thursday 4th of April 2013 01:55:49 AM
Old 04-04-2013
Try this
Code:
awk 'NR==FNR{q=$1;getline;s=d=0;for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){if($i<20&&!d){d=1}s+=$i}a=s/NF;if(NF>=28&&!d&&a>=35){z[q]++}}
z[$1]{print;getline;print}' infile2 infile1

--ahamed
This User Gave Thanks to ahamed101 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to assign scores to rows based on column values

Hi, I'm trying to assign a score to each row which will allow me to identify which rows differ. In the example file below, I've used "," to indicate column separators (my actual file has tab separators). In this example, I'd like to identify that row 1 and row 5 are the same, and row 2 and row... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: auburn
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming sequences based on specific pattern

My files look like this And I need to cut the sequences at the last "A" found in the following 'pattern' -highlighted for easier identification, the pattern is the actual file is not highlighted. The expected result should look like this Thus, all the sequences would end with AGCCCTA... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting sequences based on character frequency

This is what I would like to accomplish, I have an input file (file A) that consist of thousands of sequence elements with the same number of characters (length), each headed by a free text header starting with the chevron ‘>' character followed by the ID (all different IDs with different lenghts)... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trimming sequences based on Reference

My file looks something like this Wnat I need is to look for the Reference sequence (">Reference1") and based on the length of that sequence trim all the entries in that file. So, the rersulting file will contain all sequences with the same length, like this Thus, all sequences will keep... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract sequences based on the list

Hi, I have a file with more than 28000 records and it looks like below.. >mm10_refflat_ABCD range=chr1:1234567-2345678 tgtgcacactacacatgactagtacatgactagac....so on >mm10_refflat_BCD range=chr1:3234567-4545678... tgtgcacactacacatgactagtatgtgcacactacacatgactagta . . . . . so on ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Randomly selecting sequences and generating specific output files

I have two files containing hundreds of different sequences with the same Identifiers (ID-001, ID-002, etc.,), something like this: Infile1: ID-001 ATGGGAGCGGGGGCGTCTGCCTTGAGGGGAGAGAAGCTAGATACA ID-002 ATGGGAGCGGGGGCGTCTGTTTTGAGGGGAGAGAAGCTAGATACA ID-003... (18 Replies)
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Eliminating sequences based on Distances

I have to remove sequences from a file based on the distance value. I am attaching the file containing the distances (Distance.xls) The second file looks something like this: Sequences.txt >Sample1 Freq 59 ggatatgatgatgaactggt >Sample1 Freq 54 ggatatgatgttgaactggt >Sample1 Freq 44... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create combinations based on scores

Hi experts, I have a score matrix like below, where the 3rd column ( 1 max, 0 min) says how close the 2nd column variable is to the 1st column variable a b 0.3 a c 0.87 a d 0.75 b x 0.67 b y 0.98 b z 0.24 c ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jianp83
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting sequences based on length with sed

I have this file: >ID1 AA >ID2 TTTTTT >ID-3 AAAAAAAAA >ID4 TTTTTTGGAGATCAGTAGCAGATGACAG-GGGGG-TGCACCCC Add I am trying to use this script to output sequences longer than 15 characters: sed -r '/^>/N;{/^.{,15}$/d}' The desire output would be this: >ID4... (8 Replies)
8 Replies
clustalo(1)							   USER COMMANDS						       clustalo(1)

NAME
clustalo - General purpose multiple sequence alignment program for proteins SYNOPSIS
clustalo [-h] DESCRIPTION
Clustal-Omega is a general purpose multiple sequence alignment (MSA) program for proteins. It produces high quality MSAs and is capable of handling data-sets of hundreds of thousands of sequences in reasonable time. In default mode, users give a file of sequences to be aligned and these are clustered to produce a guide tree and this is used to guide a "progressive alignment" of the sequences. There are also facilities for aligning existing alignments to each other, aligning a sequence to an alignment and for using a hidden Markov model (HMM) to help guide an alignment of new sequences that are homologous to the sequences used to make the HMM. This latter procedure is referred to as "external profile alignment" or EPA. Clustal-Omega uses HMMs for the alignment engine, based on the HHalign package from Johannes Soeding [1]. Guide trees are made using an enhanced version of mBed [2] which can cluster very large numbers of sequences in O(N*log(N)) time. Multiple alignment then proceeds by aligning larger and larger alignments using HHalign, following the clustering given by the guide tree. In its current form Clustal-Omega can only align protein sequences but not DNA/RNA sequences. It is envisioned that DNA/RNA will become available in a future version. USAGE
Tool usage is available in /usr/share/doc/clustalo/README. DEVELOPMENT
Headers and libraries are available in libclustalo-dev package. CITING
Sievers F, Wilm A, Dineen DG, Gibson TJ, Karplus K, Li W, Lopez R, McWilliam H, Remmert M, Soding J, Thompson JD, Higgins DG (2011). Fast, scalable generation of high-quality protein multiple sequence alignments using Clustal Omega. Mol Syst Biol 7. AUTHOR
Olivier Sallou (olivier.sallou (at) irisa.fr) - Man page and packaging Conway Institute UCD Dublin (clustalw (at) ucd.ie) - clustalo version 1.0.3 December 14, 2011 clustalo(1)