Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: To Remove multiple new lines
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users To Remove multiple new lines Post 302789477 by etldeveloper on Wednesday 3rd of April 2013 05:46:17 PM
Old 04-03-2013
To Remove multiple new lines

Hi ,
I have file which consists of multiple new lines. I need to identify the new line in every row of the file and remove it. It is having record delimiter as "|" and final delimiter of the line is "end" Can anyone from the forum suggest me how to remove the news lines from entire file?
example : ABB|CCC|GGG|H
H
H
H|
XXX|DDD|UUU
HHHH|
HHHH|FFF|K
K
K
KK|

expected file: ABB|CCC|GGG|HHH|
XXX|DDD|UUU|HHHH|
HHHH|FFF|KKKKK|

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove certain lines in multiple txt files?

Hi , I have this type of files:- BGH.28OCT2008.00000001.433155.001 BGH.28OCT2008.00000002.1552361.001 BGH.28OCT2008.00000003.1438355.001 BGH.28OCT2008.00000004.1562602.001 Inside them contains the below: 5Discounts 6P150 - Max Total Usage RM150|-221.00 P150 EPP - Talktime RM150... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: olloong
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove multiple lines in the file

Hi, How to remove duplicate lines in the file. a ------ b c 24 23 a ---- c b (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed remove multiple set of lines in one command

is there a way with sed to removed more than one set of lines in one line? so i mean sed ${firstElem},${lastIndex}d web.xml > web1.xml this will delete lines between ${firstElem},${lastIndex} i want in the same line to do somethinkg like this (doesn't work so far) sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poki
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove multiple lines from a particular string to particular string

Hi, I have a file containing the DDLs of tables in a schema. From that I need to remove all the lines from a starting string till a specific string. Here is an example. File1.txt ------------- CREATE TABLE "SCHEMA1"."LKP11_TBL_USERS" ( "ID" NUMBER(8,0) NOT NULL ENABLE, "USER_ID"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyaatcgi
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search multiple patterns and remove lines from a file?

Hi, I have a file content as below. Table : PAYR Displayed fields: 15 of 15 Fixed columns: 4 List width 0999... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirdi
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove multiple lines from a text file

Hi I have a text file named main.txt with 10,000 lines. I have another file with a list of line numbers (around 1000) of the lines to be deleted from main.txt file. I tried with sed but it removes only a range of line numbers. Thanks for any help!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove multiple lines that match pattern

Not sure how I can accomplish this. I would like to remove all interfaces that have the commands I would like to see: switchport port-security, spanning-tree portfast. One line is no problem. interface FastEthernet0/8 spanning-tree portfast interface FastEthernet0/9 spanning-tree... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrlayance
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing multiple lines from input file, if multiple lines match a pattern.

GM, I have an issue at work, which requires a simple solution. But, after multiple attempts, I have not been able to hit on the code needed. I am assuming that sed, awk or even perl could do what I need. I have an application that adds extra blank page feeds, for multiple reports, when... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxfish2
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove html tag which has multiple lines in SHELL?

I want to clean a html file. I try to remove the script part in the html and remove the rest of tags and empty lines. The code I try to use is the following: sed '/<script/,/<\/script>/d' webpage.html | sed -e 's/<*>//g' | sed '/^\s*$/d' > output.txt However, in this method, I can not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: YuhuiFeng
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remove newline character from column spread over multiple lines in a file

Hi, I came across one issue recently where output from one of the columns of the table from where i am creating input file has newline characters hence, record in the file is spread over multiple lines. Fields in the file are separated by pipe (|) delimiter. As header will never have newline... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
4 Replies
XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS					      XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)

NAME
XcmsCCCOfColormap, XcmsSetCCCOfColormap - query and modify CCC of a colormap SYNTAX
XcmsCCC XcmsCCCOfColormap(Display *display, Colormap colormap); XcmsCCC XcmsSetCCCOfColormap(Display *display, Colormap colormap, XcmsCCC ccc); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. ccc Specifies the CCC. colormap Specifies the colormap. DESCRIPTION
The XcmsCCCOfColormap function returns the CCC associated with the specified colormap. Once obtained, the CCC attributes can be queried or modified. Unless the CCC associated with the specified colormap is changed with XcmsSetCCCOfColormap, this CCC is used when the specified colormap is used as an argument to color functions. The XcmsSetCCCOfColormap function changes the CCC associated with the specified colormap. It returns the CCC previously associated with the colormap. If they are not used again in the application, CCCs should be freed by calling XcmsFreeCCC. Several colormaps may share the same CCC without restriction; this includes the CCCs generated by Xlib with each colormap. Xlib, however, creates a new CCC with each new colormap. SEE ALSO
DisplayOfCCC(3), XcmsConvertColors(3), XcmsCreateCCC(3), XcmsDefaultCCC(3), XcmsSetWhitePoint(3) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XcmsCCCOfColormap(3)