Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pulling data from xml
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pulling data from xml Post 302789361 by ssideel on Wednesday 3rd of April 2013 01:36:47 PM
Old 04-03-2013
Hey Many thanks that worked a treat Really appreciated Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data and following lines from file

I saw a few posts close to what i want to do, but they didn't look like they would work exactly.. or I need to think out of the box on this. I have a file that I keep server stats in for my own performance analysis. this file has the output from many commands in it (uptime, vmstats, ps, swap... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MizzGail
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data from a standard comment block - perl

OK so I've inherited a set of scripts that do some work on a database. They do all have a standard comment block at the beginning that has good information on the script. I would like to generate a quick web page report that lists the script name and the description lines (for now it may be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khuilman
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP to server, pulling data and removing the data

Hi all, I have the following script, but are not too sure about the syntax to complete the script. In essence, the script must connect to a SFTP server at a client site with username and password located in a file on my server. Then change to the appropriate directory. Pull the data to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with pulling / filtering data from a .csv

Good day Gurus, I have a csv file that contains an inventory of active servers. This csv file contains a well over a hundred systems (IBM, SUN, HP). It also contains those systems details. See below for an example hostA,invver,1.02,20100430 hostA,date,08/30/2010,06:18 hostA,use,"Unknown... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LuffyDMonkey
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling data by GPS coordinates from text file

Hi there, I'm having a problem trying to extract data from within a text file. I'm trying to extract this manually for a lack of better words. I need any items that fall within latitude 36.5 to 39.5 and long -75.3 to -83.9 I have been doing this using cat neta.txt | grep '!38' and working... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mikey
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH- Need help pulling data from .emlx

Hello, fellow computer junkies. First time poster! My boss wrote an application (Mavericks 10.9, Mountain Lion 10.8) that checks a user's security settings. The user runs the application, then it spits out an email that is sent back to our inbox showing the results. On our end, we have a mail rule... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling Data, Then Moving to the Next File

I'm scanning a list of emails- I need to pull 2 pieces of data, then move to the next file: Sender's Email Address Email Date I need these to be outputted into a single column- separated by a ",". Like this: Email1's Address, Email1's Date Stamp Email2's Address, Email2's Date Stamp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pulling information from a data file by date

awk -v now="$(date +%s)" -v tDiff="${USERMINUTES}" ' BEGIN { FS="=" if (!now) now=systime() if (!tDiff) tDiff=60*60 p=1 } /{/ {rec=$0;p=1;next} /}/ && rec && p {print rec ORS $0;next} $1=="entry_time" { if (now-$2>tDiff)p=0 } {rec=rec ORS $0}'... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies
EXIGREP(8)						      System Manager's Manual							EXIGREP(8)

NAME
EXIGREP - Search Exim's main log SYNOPSIS
exigrep [-l] pattern [log file] ... DESCRIPTION
The exigrep utility is a Perl script that searches one or more main log files for entries that match a given pattern. When it finds a match, it extracts all the log entries for the relevant message, not just those that match the pattern. Thus, exigrep can extract complete log entries for a given message, or all mail for a given user, or for a given host, for example. The -l flag means 'literal', that is, treat all characters in the pattern as standing for themselves. Otherwise the pattern must be a Perl regular expression. The pattern match is case-insensitive. If no file names are given on the command line, the standard input is read. If the location of a zcat command is known from the definition of ZCAT_COMMAND in Local/Makefile, exigrep automatically passes any file whose name ends in COMPRESS_SUFFIX through zcat as it searches it. BUGS
This manual page needs a major re-work. If somebody knows better groff than us and has more experience in writing manual pages, any patches would be greatly appreciated. SEE ALSO
exim(8), perlre(1), /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/ AUTHOR
This manual page was stitched together from spec.txt by Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 26, 2003 EXIGREP(8)