Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Virtualization of Global Namespace in UNIX Post 302789319 by Pavan Kumar on Wednesday 3rd of April 2013 12:51:18 PM
Old 04-03-2013
Virtualization of Global Namespace in UNIX

Hi all,
I have a small Question here in Unix File System.I am unable to get a proper answer in Internet. Hope someone can get back to me soon.

A Unix file system can mount filesystem of several disk partitions to form a single global space.
Suppose that you wish to virtualize this global space so that different guest systems can be aware of the
file system of certain partitions but not all partitions. What can VM do?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I export vars without polluting my namespace?

When I've got a long or hard to type file name, the following is something I like to do for convenience. $export a=someReallyLongFileName; touch $a; chown hartmann $a $ls . .. someReallyLongFileName $echo $a someReallyLongFileName But then, as you see with the echo, I have polluted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tphyahoo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Go-Global for Unix V 2.2.4

hi can u help me? i need this software (Go-Global for Unix V 2.2.4) to work on Unix throught the Windows XP operating system, i had looke for this software in the internet and i didn't find it :( So, if any body have this software plz provide it for me and put it as a link to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahm2002
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any global command in UNIX?

Hi, I heard about some global commands for information gathering in UNIX systems. some commands which will execute on a UNIX system in a local network and other systems will reply to these command with some information about themselves. for example, from one of those UNIX machines (in a... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: siavash
15 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Best performance UNIX just for HOST Virtualization?

Hi everybody, Which Unix base OS have best performance for HOST virtualization? I tested SmartOS but it needs another OS to connect remotely! Thanks in advance. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbzadegan
11 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)