Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Find memory usage along with time Post 302789213 by Yoda on Wednesday 3rd of April 2013 10:12:19 AM
Old 04-03-2013
Capture the PID of your executable, then use ps to check CPU & MEM:
Code:
UNIX95=1 ps -ef -o pid,pcpu,vsz,comm | grep <PID>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Monitor CPU usage and Memory Usage

how can i monitor usages of CPU, Memory, Hard disk etc. under SUN Solaries through a c program or java program i want to store that data into database so i can show it graphically thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gajanad Bihani
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

3. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find out memory & cpu usage of a process

Hi, By using time command we can determine the execution time of a process or command. bash-2.04$ time ls -l total 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 admin tac 0 Oct 6 04:46 file1 -rw-r--r-- 1 admin tac 0 Oct 6 04:46 file2 real 0m0.002s user 0m0.000s sys 0m0.001s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: learn more
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find JVM memory usage in shell console

i need to find memory usage by JVM in shell prompt, i tried with pidVal=$( ps -ef | grep "/opt/bea2/jrockit/bin/java -jrockit" | grep -v grep | awk -F' ' '{print $2}' | tr "\n" "," | cut -d ',' -f1 ) top -b -n 1 | grep $pidVal this will just give cpu usage and ram... How do i find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory usage per user,percent usage,sytem time in ksh

Let's say i have 20 users logged on Server. How can I know how much memory percent used each of them is using with system time in each user? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roy1912
2 Replies

9. Solaris

How to find out the memory usage in Solaris?

Hi All, In one of the solaris box aslert got triggered as ... (Used_Real_Mem_Pct=93.0 Used_Swap_Space_Pct=75.0 )] when i see the usage by vmstat and sar i am not able to relate the alert with the free memory and swap memory please help to understand the vmstat output as below.. kthr ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Find memory usage for a process

I have multiple oracle databases on one server. All the database are running from the same user i.e. oraent. The process for each database can be distinguished by the ps -ef command Eg : ps -ef | grep oraentThe Output : oraent 5361 1 0 20:58:05 ? 0:00 oracledb1... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashreads
11 Replies
MEMUSAGESTAT(1) 					     Linux programmer's manual						   MEMUSAGESTAT(1)

NAME
memusagestat - generate graphic from memory profiling data SYNOPSIS
memusagestat [option]... datafile [outfile] DESCRIPTION
memusagestat creates a PNG file containing a graphical representation of the memory profiling data in the file datafile; that file is gen- erated via the -d (or --data) option of memusage(1). The red line in the graph shows the heap usage (allocated memory) and the green line shows the stack usage. The x-scale is either the num- ber of memory-handling function calls or (if the -t option is specified) time. OPTIONS
-o file, --output=file Name of the output file. -s string, --string=string Use string as the title inside the output graph. -t, --time Use time (rather than number of function calls) as the scale for the X axis. -T, --total Also draw a graph of total memory consumption. -x size, --x-size=size Make the output graph size pixels wide. -y size, --y-size=size Make the output graph size pixels high. -?, --help Print a help message and exit. --usage Print a short usage message and exit. -V, --version Print version information and exit. EXAMPLE
See memusage(1). BUGS
To report bugs, see <http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html> SEE ALSO
memusage(1), mtrace(1) GNU
2014-09-06 MEMUSAGESTAT(1)