Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Shell Script to read XML tags and the data within that tag Post 302789155 by SmilePlease on Wednesday 3rd of April 2013 07:16:23 AM
Old 04-03-2013
Thanks Yoda,

When i tried to execute the script with my xml, the script is fetching some more values like "$$ infromation"

instead of using Name as delimiter. Can i use "_SRC" so that the script search for the particular word which ends with _SRC.

Thanks Again

Last edited by SmilePlease; 04-03-2013 at 08:25 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To get the data from a tag in XML File

Hi I have a XML file in which data is loaded from a relational table and the column names are tags in the xml file which is shown below. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: naughty21
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read xml tag attribute and store it in variable

Hi, How to read xml tag attributes and store into variable in shell script? Thanks, Swetha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: swetha123
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove some xml tag lines using shell script

I have existing XML file as below, now based on input string in shell script on workordercode i need to create a seprate xml file for e.g if we pass the input string as 184851 then it find the tag data from <workOrder>..</workOrder> and write to a new file and similarly next time if i pass the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balrajg
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add the multiple lines of xml tags before a particular xml tag in a file

Hi All, I'm stuck with adding multiple lines(irrespective of line number) to a file before a particular xml tag. Please help me. <A>testing_Location</A> <value>LA</value> <zone>US</zone> <B>Region</B> <value>Russia</value> <zone>Washington</zone> <C>Country</C>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjavalkar
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to extract data in repeating tags from xml

Hi, I am new to shell scripting. I need to extract data between repeating tags from an xml file and store the data in an array to process it further. <ns1:root xmlns:ns1="http://example.com/config"> <ns1:interface>in1</ns1:interface> <ns1:operation attribute1="true" attribute2="abd"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sailendra
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I remove some xml tag lines using shell script?

Hi All, My name is Prathyu and I am working as a ETL develper. I have one requirement to create a XML file based on the provided XSD file. As per the Datastage standards Key(repeatable) field does not contain any Null values so I am inserting some dummy tag line to that XML file. ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathyu
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify XML tag using shell script

Hi All Need some help with a unix shell script. I have a XML file as shown below: <Root> <Service> <endPoint type="SOAP" protocol="http"> <provider>ABCD</provider> <urlRewrite>/service/xyz/getAccountDetails</urlRewrite> <timeout>30</timeout> </endPoint> </Service> <Service> <endPoint... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhilwa
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a closing XML tag shell script

I have a shell script that does everything I need it to do. But, when I was testing it I realized it doesn't print the closing XML tag.... Does anyone know how to incorporate printing the XML tag with my script? I am using AWK any help would be appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: risarose87
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read xml tags and then remove the tag using shell script

<Start> <Header> This is header section </Header> <Body> <Body_start> This is body section <a> <b> <c> <st>111</st> </c> <d> <st>blank</st> </d> </b> </a> </Body_start> <Body_section> This is body section (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
3 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)