Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Monitoring for specific date stamped files before and after midnight Post 302789105 by hanson44 on Wednesday 3rd of April 2013 05:18:36 AM
Old 04-03-2013
Yes, because you have a good system set up for naming the files, with the DDMMYY section, the old files, like the ones two days old, will be ignored. And once the day gets going, the script will ignore files from the previous day, depending on how you test for the $hour variable and how often the script runs.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

problem deleting date-time stamped file in a directory

I have a number of files of the format filename.xfr_mmddyy_%H%M%S which i get in a specified directory daily. Now i want to search in the specified directory & delete the files which are more than 2 days old .So I use a command find $DIR/backup/* -ctime +2 -exec rm -f {} \; But after executing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dharmesht
1 Replies

2. Solaris

List files with a specific date...

Hi all, thanks in advance for reading and anyposts... I was wondering if its possible to find all files in a directory with a specific date. I know I can do: but that will only give a list of files greater than todays date... Any ideas? Thanks, Marky Mark... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

backup of files for a specific date

I want to write script for backing up archive logs files for specific date. please give me idea for that. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akm9999
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

backup of files for a specific date

In Linux Advance server I want to write one script for backing up files for a specific date like 24/07/2008. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: akm9999
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitoring specific files and folders

I want a mechanism to monitor a folder full of files that are sensitive. I want to log all accesses,modifications and changes to any file within the folder in a log file which should give me access/modify/change times,the user id of the process which tried and the pid. Even some idea of what to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivek788
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring specific string or keyword in rotating log files.

Hi there, I like to ask how i shall monitor specific string or keyword in rotating log files. e.g. I have at 10 rotating logfiles. I use the command below to grep the string, but eventually become non functional because the logfile rotates and new logfile is active. tail -f <logfile1> |grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shtobias
1 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How to delete files from a specific date?

Guys, I am wondering how to remove files for a specific date in a directory? for instance when I do ls -l , i see many files. And i want to delete files for date May 15: 58252015 May 10 03:45 my_05102012.log 58252015 May 15 06:45 my_05152012.log Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files with specific date

Dear all, kindly i have some files with different dates i need to grep word from these files but i need to search in files with date 2012-12-02 not all files in this directory do u have any command (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files for a specific date

Hi, I am looking to find files of a specific date. I am on Sun Solaris so newermt doesnot work.. I thought of using mtime but not getting how to use it. Please help me with this.. Regards Abhinav (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files modified from midnight (i.e. from midnight (00:00:00)) of current date?

Hi there! I was wondering if someone could help me with the following: I'm trying to find all files within a directory which have been modified since midnight of the current date. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you kindly. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jimmy_the_tulip
6 Replies
FAXCRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAXCRON(8)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8), recvstats(8), hylafax-server(5) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8)