Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installation problem in Ubuntu Post 302789051 by toshanshu on Wednesday 3rd of April 2013 02:35:32 AM
Old 04-03-2013
while doing as you suggested " apt-get remove package "

while doing as you suggested " apt-get remove package "
but still the problem remains the same as you can see .....Smilie
Installation problem in Ubuntu-screenshot-2013-04-03-12-04-41png

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris installation with Ubuntu and XP there..

Hi, i have for this moment Ubuntu 8.04 and XP SP2 and of course the grub loader for starting them. I donwloaded Solaris 10.5 and intend to install it but i want to know if it will rewrite the grub loader i use now (and if, it will detect all OS?) or just append the new Solaris - any case would be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cosmin B
11 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Sybase Installation on Ubuntu

Hi, Can any one please suggest me which version of Sybase 15.x I need to dowload for installing on my laptop(Dell Inspiron 1525) having Ubuntu8.1? Thanks & Regards, Siba Sankar Nayak (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Installation issue while installing ubuntu

Hi All As i m trying to install ubuntu on my virtual PC where h/w confg is as 5GB didk n 512 mb RAm. after selecting mode option, and after pressing F6 after that screen shows some msg. And not goes to next step. What is the problem n wht i shall do?? Please provide me solution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Globus 5.0.0 installation error in ubuntu 9.1

I am installing globus toolkit 5 on ubuntu, i am getting error regarding openssl build. Unable to build Openssl. I am giving the whole installer.log file below. globus@naveen-laptop:~/gt4.0.6-all-source-installer$ make | tee istaller.log /usr/local/globus//sbin/gpt-build ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveencse
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Open Solaris Installation on XP and Ubuntu

I have installed windows XP and Ubuntu 8.10 in my PC. Now I need to install Solaris 10. I have planned to install it in a separate partition. I don't know whether the installation affect my existing OSs anyway (such as deleting the current GRUB loader). I would be very greateful if anyone reply. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Virtual-Friend
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Ubuntu server 12.04 installation

hello, i have been try installing Ubuntu server 12.04 and receiving a message: no network interface card detected. can someone help me to locate where my interface card is (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naghazky
1 Replies

7. Web Development

PHP installation on Ubuntu 12.04

Dear all I am new to php, I have already running tomcat web server on port 80, following are the details of tomcat /usr/local/www/html/TOMCAT_DEMO/tomcat whether it is possible to install and configure php without using sudo apt-get install php5 ??? please someone guide me to start php (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Installation??? How to install Ubuntu on windows 7

guys tell me steps to install ubunto of linux kali over windows 7 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roshan4u
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Problems with Ubuntu installation

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit) for the first time. I am seeing various bugs. I don't know if the problems are due to: (a) Hardware problems with the new laptop. (b) Software issues, i.e. Ubuntu not working with the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bugs in my new Ubuntu installation

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit) for the first time. I am seeing various bugs. I don't know if the problems are due to: (a) Hardware problems with the new laptop. (b) Software issues, i.e. Ubuntu not working with the other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
7 Replies
BATTERY-STATS-COLLECTOR(8)				      System Manager's Manual					BATTERY-STATS-COLLECTOR(8)

NAME
battery-stats-collector - Collect statistics about battery charge SYNOPSIS
battery-stats-collector [option] ... DESCRIPTION
Does exactly as it says on the tin - it will collect information from the APM subsystem and write it to a log file. Normally battery-stats-collector will be invoked by the system startup scripts. OPTIONS
battery-stats follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). -V, --version Show version of battery-stats-collector and exit. -h, --help Show summary of options and exit. -s, --syslog Log error messages to syslog, rather than stderr. Note that messages regarding invalid command line parameters will still go to stderr. -o filename, --output filename Append statistics to the given file. The default filename is /var/log/battery-stats -1, --once Only collect a single sample and exit. The default is to loop continiously. -i seconds, --interval=seconds Sampling intervals in seconds. If not specified, stats will be collected every 30 seconds. -I, --ignore-missing-battery Keeps quiet about missing batteries. This stops the warnings on stderr/syslog that would otherwise occur when the battery is miss- ing. -F samplecount, --flush=samplecount Flushes data to the logfile every <samplecount> samples. A value of zero turns off flushing altogether. If left unspecified, bat- tery-stats-collector will assume a value of 1, i.e. flush at every write. Setting the value too low will tend to keep the disk spinning (and use battery needlessly). Setting the value too high will loose statistics in case of an improper shutdown. Note that since battery-stats-collector uses the standard Ansi C library, data will still be flushed periodically (regardless of this setting) once the buffer fills up. The size of the buffer is platform dependent, but 4Kb and 8Kb seem pretty normal. FILES
/var/log/battery-stats Default file for writing battery charge samples to. SEE ALSO
battery-graph(1) Newer versions of this program may (or may not) be available at http://karl.jorgensen.com/battery-stats AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Karl E. Jorgensen <karl@jorgensen.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). September 18, 2002 BATTERY-STATS-COLLECTOR(8)