Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Installation problem in Ubuntu Post 302789027 by toshanshu on Wednesday 3rd of April 2013 01:45:59 AM
Old 04-03-2013
Ubuntu Installation problem in Ubuntu

ins this a common problem , whenever i try installing a new package or software i usually get this failure msg:

Setting up dsc-statistics-collector (201203250530-1) ...
Adding system user
Warning: The home dir /home/Debian-dsc-statistics you specified already exists.
The system user `Debian-dsc-statistics' already exists. Exiting.
* Starting DNS Statistics Collector (default) dsc-collector * already running! Smilie
[fail]
invoke-rc.d: initscript dsc-statistics-collector, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing dsc-statistics-collector (--configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:

i cant linkup the problem w/o knowledge of DNS static collector and their significance in this context
even googling it doesn't give satisfactory meaning

i m expecting expert review!
Smilie

thanks in advance Smilie

Installation problem in Ubuntu-screenshot-2013-04-03-11-06-23png

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris installation with Ubuntu and XP there..

Hi, i have for this moment Ubuntu 8.04 and XP SP2 and of course the grub loader for starting them. I donwloaded Solaris 10.5 and intend to install it but i want to know if it will rewrite the grub loader i use now (and if, it will detect all OS?) or just append the new Solaris - any case would be... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cosmin B
11 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Sybase Installation on Ubuntu

Hi, Can any one please suggest me which version of Sybase 15.x I need to dowload for installing on my laptop(Dell Inspiron 1525) having Ubuntu8.1? Thanks & Regards, Siba Sankar Nayak (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Installation issue while installing ubuntu

Hi All As i m trying to install ubuntu on my virtual PC where h/w confg is as 5GB didk n 512 mb RAm. after selecting mode option, and after pressing F6 after that screen shows some msg. And not goes to next step. What is the problem n wht i shall do?? Please provide me solution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Globus 5.0.0 installation error in ubuntu 9.1

I am installing globus toolkit 5 on ubuntu, i am getting error regarding openssl build. Unable to build Openssl. I am giving the whole installer.log file below. globus@naveen-laptop:~/gt4.0.6-all-source-installer$ make | tee istaller.log /usr/local/globus//sbin/gpt-build ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveencse
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Open Solaris Installation on XP and Ubuntu

I have installed windows XP and Ubuntu 8.10 in my PC. Now I need to install Solaris 10. I have planned to install it in a separate partition. I don't know whether the installation affect my existing OSs anyway (such as deleting the current GRUB loader). I would be very greateful if anyone reply. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Virtual-Friend
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Ubuntu server 12.04 installation

hello, i have been try installing Ubuntu server 12.04 and receiving a message: no network interface card detected. can someone help me to locate where my interface card is (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naghazky
1 Replies

7. Web Development

PHP installation on Ubuntu 12.04

Dear all I am new to php, I have already running tomcat web server on port 80, following are the details of tomcat /usr/local/www/html/TOMCAT_DEMO/tomcat whether it is possible to install and configure php without using sudo apt-get install php5 ??? please someone guide me to start php (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Installation??? How to install Ubuntu on windows 7

guys tell me steps to install ubunto of linux kali over windows 7 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roshan4u
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Problems with Ubuntu installation

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit) for the first time. I am seeing various bugs. I don't know if the problems are due to: (a) Hardware problems with the new laptop. (b) Software issues, i.e. Ubuntu not working with the other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bugs in my new Ubuntu installation

I recently bought a new HP Spectre x360 laptop and installed Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64 bit) for the first time. I am seeing various bugs. I don't know if the problems are due to: (a) Hardware problems with the new laptop. (b) Software issues, i.e. Ubuntu not working with the other... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: twelth_hour
7 Replies
TORRUS_COLLECTOR(8)						      torrus						       TORRUS_COLLECTOR(8)

NAME
collector - Torrus data Collector. SYNOPSIS
torrus collector --tree=TREENAME [options...] DESCRIPTION
This command starts the Collector process for the tree TREENAME. By default it forks into a daemon, sets the log output file to /var/log/torrus/collector.TREENAME.log, performs one Collector cycle, and sleeps until the next cycle is scheduled. In daemon mode the log file can be reopened by sending it a SIGHUP signal. Collector cycle scheduling is controlled by two parameters defined for each individual configuration leaf: "collector-period" and "collector-timeoffset". See the Torrus Configuration Guide for more details. The number of OID (Object IDentifier) variable bindings sent by Collector is controlled by the datasource parameter "snmp-oids-per-pdu". It is set to a default value of 40 in snmp-defs.xml, and may be overwritten at the host level. OPTIONS
--instance=N Defines the collector instance. A single tree can allow more than one collector instance. The number of instances is defined in "run" hash in the torrus-siteconfig.pl's %Torrus::Global::treeConfig. If the number of instances is more than one, this option is mandatory. The collecting job is split between the instances, and normally all instances should be started by the startup scripts. The tree should be re-compiled after the number of instances is changed in the siteconfig. In the example below the tree tree_A will be served by three collector instances: %Torrus::Global::treeConfig = ( 'tree_A' => { 'description' => 'The First Tree', 'xmlfiles' => [qw(a1.xml a2.xml a3.xml)], 'run' => { 'collector' => 3, 'monitor' => 1 } }, ); --nodaemon Prevents the process from becoming a daemon and sets the log to STDERR. --runonce Instructs the collector to run once and exit. Implies --nodaemon. --runalways Instructs the collector process to continue running even if no collector datasources are defined in the tree. In this case, the process will check once per hour if the configuration has changed. --debug Sets the log level to debug. --verbose Sets the debug level to info. --help Displays a help message. FILES
/etc/torrus/conf/torrus-siteconfig.pl Torrus site configuration script. /var/log/torrus/collector.TREENAME.log Collector's log for the tree TREENAME. /usr/share/torrus/xmlconfig/snmp-defs.xml Basic variable definitions for the SNMP collector. SEE ALSO
torrus(8) NOTES
See more documentation at Torrus home page: http://torrus.org AUTHOR
Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin@yahoo.com> torrus 2.03 2013-07-26 TORRUS_COLLECTOR(8)