Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris for a Red Hat admin
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris for a Red Hat admin Post 302789011 by fpmurphy on Tuesday 2nd of April 2013 11:39:02 PM
Old 04-03-2013
What is the specific performance degradation claimed by your manager?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 7.2.....

I just installed red hat 7.2 on my laptop. it's dual booted with xp and red hat. when i boot in to linux it boots up to the screen to ask me my name and pass....i put in root and my password. after this it goes to a blue screen and sits there. the after about 2 minutes it comes up with a fatal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muzscman
1 Replies

2. Linux

Red Hat?

I have a Red Hat upgrade disk. I installed it and it corrupted my entire hard drive! I had gotten the disks out of a Dummy's book at my local library. Trying to install 'Red Hat', has cost me $100.00 in damages. (The cool part is my friend gave me that $100.00 part) Ah...A 120gig Hard Drive. Just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdk_mkr
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Red Hat 9 help

please help me how to install softwares in linux.i have a ethernet internet connection.i try to open the site on LAN to download internet client.but i cannot as our lan supports only internet explorer....i downloaded the linux client by booting thru XP......but i cannot c my NTFS partition thru... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shobhit143
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

Red Hat E 3

I'm am working with a Red Hat Enterprise 3 server. This is a dedicated server that is supposedly dedicated to one domain, but I have been tasked with trying to figure out if there are files on this system that are being accessed by other IP's. Does anyone know if how I would go about finding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisPlusPlus
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Windows,Solaris, Red Hat triple boot issues

I have a pentium IV with 512 MB ram and 80 GB HDD. I first installed windows XP on the first primary partition, then Solaris on the second with 20 GB for the solaris partition, and when rebooted , the grub menu functioned as expected giving me the options to dual boot, so next I wanted to install... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
3 Replies

6. Red Hat

Red-hat

Hello, How do I see what IP addresses are connected to my machine? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonomao
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ?

how to know if i use "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" or "Red Hat Desktop" ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Installing Solaris 11.1 on Red Hat system?

I'm wanting to install Solaris 11.1 on a system that already has Windows and Red Hat and a boot system managed by GRUB. From what I've read, the Solaris 11.1 install will recognize Windows fine and account for it with GRUB 2. But it doesn't mention any other OS. It talks about installing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JWH
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 as a Red Hat IPA Client

Hi We have IPA v3 setup on a Red Hat RHEL6 server and are trying to interface our Solaris servers to it. There is a slight complication in that we are using krb5 for authentication and IPA as a user and access repository (not sure if that makes a difference). The problem is that we cannot get... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregsih
4 Replies
lcpu_attr(5)							File Formats Manual						      lcpu_attr(5)

NAME
lcpu_attr - dynamically enable or disable LCPU attribute of the default processor set VALUES
Fail Safe Default the LCPU attribute of the default processor set is disabled Allowed values or DESCRIPTION
This tunable dynamically enables or disables the logical processor (LCPU) attribute in the default processor set. On systems supporting hyper-threading technology, each hyper-thread is represented as an LCPU. When the LCPU attribute is enabled, the processor cores in the default processor have hyper-threading enabled. If the LCPU attribute is disabled, the physical processors in the default processor set behave as single threaded processor cores. See pset_setattr(2) for information about managing the LCPU attribute in processor sets other than the default processor set. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? System administrators that wish to change hyper-threading ability in the default processor set. Restrictions on Changing The tunable has no effect on platforms that do not have hyper-threading capability or systems with hyper-threading disabled at the firmware level. On systems that support hyper-threading, the firmware feature must be enabled to dynamically enable/disable the LCPU attribute in the default processor set. When Should the Tunable Be Turned On? The tunable should be turned on to enable the LCPU attribute in the default processor set to take advantage of hyper-threading. If the applications running on the system see performance benefits, the LCPU attribute should remain enabled. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable On? Some workloads may experience performance degradation when the LCPU attribute is enabled. When Should the Tunable Be Turned Off? Some applications may experience performance degradation or may not see any performance benefits from using hyper-threading. In this case, this tunable should be turned off. What Are the Side Effects of Turning the Tunable Off? With LCPU turned off, applications may not take advantage of hyper-threading. What Other Tunables Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or have its meaning changed in future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
psrset(1M), pset_assign(2), pset_bind(2), pset_create(2), pset_ctl(2), pset_destroy(2), privgrp(4). Tunable Kernel Parameters lcpu_attr(5)