Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to insert EOL?
Operating Systems Linux How to insert EOL? Post 302788723 by PikK45 on Tuesday 2nd of April 2013 12:04:27 PM
Old 04-02-2013
What is your file contents? Did you get any error message?

Show us more detail.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendmail, EOL not effecting

Hello, I am using the following script to read some log and then contruct my email for notification. When I run this on my test server, i am getting the output as below, But when I move to another server, the EOL seems to not affect, should I use some setting so the output is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cv_pan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing special characters @ EOL

How to remove special chracters @ END OF EACH LINE in a file file1.txt: 0003073413^M 0003073351^M 0003073379^M 0003282724^M 0003323334^M 0003217159^M 0003102760^M 0002228911^M I used the below command but it is not working ? perl -pi -e 's/^M\/g' file1.txt (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove EOL selectively

Hi, I have a text as below test1 test2 test3\ test4 test5 test6 test7 newtest1 newtest2\ newtest3 newtest4 newtest5 And need this to be replaces to test1 test2 test3 test4 test5 test6 test7 newtest1 newtest2 newtest3 newtest4 newtest5 So my requirement is to remove the EOL... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveenbvarrier
5 Replies

4. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Delete to eol after PASS with sed

working on script and saving ftp log before log save want to remove the password password appears after constant "PASS" thanks pp (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ppaprota
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete to eol after pattern with sed

working on interactive ftp script saving log and want to remove the password from log so "quote PASS foofoo" would become "quote PASS XXXXXXX" replacing or removing the password is of no matter have tried several sed commands but have only been successful with character matching not pattern ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppaprota
2 Replies

6. AIX

How to remove ^M from the EOL?

The only way I know of is manually as follows: To remove for example ^M from a file: - vi the file name that has ^M at the end of each line. - Hit <Esc> - Type :g/ - Hold the CNTRL key and press V and M then release the CNTRL key At the buttom you should see this by now: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
3 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

No eol in swap file

I was editing a file with vi and crashed so when I opened the file again I had the .swp file to deal with. I made the wrong choice trying to recover my file and wound up with a file with no eol (end of line) characters. I have forgotten the code to substitute and don't want to make an even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gale
2 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Internet Explorer EOL

Hard to imagine that in the two decades of its existence this product once ruled supreme, but the news is finally there: RIP Internet Explorer: Twitter mourns and mocks death of Microsoft (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies
MAILSYNC(1)						      General Commands Manual						       MAILSYNC(1)

NAME
mailsync - Synchronize IMAP mailboxes SYNOPSIS
mailsync [options] channel or mailsync [options] store or mailsync [options] channel store DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the mailsync command. mailsync is a way of keeping a collection of mailboxes synchronized. The mailboxes may be on the local filesystem or on an IMAP server. There are three invocations of mailsync: The first will synchronize two sets of mailboxes - in mailsync referred to as "stores". The second form will list the contents of a store. It's usage is recommended before synchronizing two stores to check whether mailsync is seeing what you are expecting it to see. The third form will show you what has changed in a store since the last sync. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -f file Use alternate config file. -n Don't delete messages when synchronizing. -D Delete any empty mailboxes after synchronizing.. -m Show from, subject, etc. of messages that are killed or moved when synchronzing. -M Also show message-ids (turns on -m). -s Says what would be done without doing it (turns on -n). Attention: this will change the "Seen" flag of emails and will create new, empty mailboxes in order to be able to compare them. -v Show IMAP chatter. -vb Show warning about braindammaged message ids -vw Show warnings -vp Show RFC 822 mail parsing errors -h Show help. -d Show debug info. -di Debug/log IMAP protocol telemetry. -dc Debug config. -t mid Use mailsync with specified message-id algorithm. Currently you have the choice between md5 and msgid (default). msgid uses the Mes- sage-ID in the mail header to identify a message. md5 calculates a MD5 hash from the "From", "To", "Subject", "Date" and "Message- ID" headers and uses that as message identifier. If you use mailclients and servers that allow empty Message-IDs (f.ex. in mail drafts) then you should use the md5 algorithm. SEE ALSO
There is more documentation in /usr/share/doc/mailsync , and in /usr/share/doc/libc-clientxxxxxx/internal.txt AUTHOR
Originally written by Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux system. Updates by T. Pospisek <tpo_deb@sourcepole.ch>. February 15, 2003 MAILSYNC(1)