Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print combinations of alphabets in a sequence Post 302788673 by jacobs.smith on Tuesday 2nd of April 2013 10:10:34 AM
Old 04-02-2013
Print combinations of alphabets in a sequence

Hi Friends,

I have a series of alphabets like this

Code:
[CA]A[GCAT][ATG][AA]GCAA[TG]

The values inside the square brace indicate that either of them can be present at that position. And those ones without a brace, means that they are the only ones that could be printed at that location.

Now, I would like to know if there is a possibility for a script to print all possible combinations of these alphabet occurrences.

For an example sake, if I consider only the first alphabet within a square brace, the output would be

Code:
CAGAAGCAAT

The alphabets in bold indicate the first ones in the square brace. Like this way, is there a possibility to print all possible combinations?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Extracting only Alphabets from a value

Hi, I have file name (abcd001). I want to extract on the alphabets from this file name. I don't want the numeric part of it. Once i extract the alphabets the i can search for all those file. Could anyone help on this. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitkhiare
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking for Alphabets

echo -n "read this also:" read NewAuthor if ]' ) ] ; then echo "its a digit" else echo "something else" fi Hey guys , i am trying to do a search to check if the input is using alphabets and nothing else. I tried using ] and ] but none seems to work When i use digit, it read 22.k... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gregarion
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

count alphabets in a flat file and print

I have a text file with a huge dataset, and each row in that dataset has some data(65479 rows). In that file I need to find the number of times a-z & A-Z Appears. How Can I Initialise Array into an Array to parse the count also I need to parse a,A into a single array preferably. example of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vmsenthil
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk -- print combinations for 2 cols

Dear all, could you please help me with awk please? I have such input: Input: a d b e c f The number of lines is unknown before reading the file. I need to print possible combination between the two columns like this: Output: a d b d c d a e b e c e a f (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irrevocabile
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print out missing files in a sequence

Hello all, I have several directories with a sequence of files like this IM-0001-0001.dcm IM-0001-0002.dcm IM-0001-0003.dcm IM-0001-0004.dcm IM-0001-0005.dcm I would like to print out the name of the file that is missing. I currently have the following ineffecient way to do this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avatar_007
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : print the sequence number without missing number

Dear Perl users, I need your help to solve my problem below. I want to print the sequence number without missing number within the range. E.g. my sequence number : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 12 13 14 my desired output: 1 -8 , 11-14 my code below but still problem with the result: 1 - 14 1 -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandai
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

program to find and print a Fibonacci sequence of numbers. --Errors

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am trying to convert a C language program over to Sparc Assembley and I am getting Undefined first referenced... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenjiro310
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print Line as per the dependent sequence in shell script.

Hi i have a file like this as shown below: DA PROCESS_ID IDENTIFIER DA_FILE STATUS WAITING_FOR SCOPED_DEPENDENT 1836 21000 01052019 BH90P.TEMP.DA1836.FTP W NULL ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishnaswarnkar
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print a python script down a list in a text file without printing a lot combinations

In a python script I have 2 files printing side by side on the same line. I want to have 1 of the files to be already displayed at once while the other file print down the list in the file and it still will produce new lines. I want to do it like that to reduce printing a lot of lines and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigvito19
0 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)