Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete lines based on Rules
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete lines based on Rules Post 302788523 by ptappeta on Tuesday 2nd of April 2013 03:10:27 AM
Old 04-02-2013
Hi i tried this and is not workig ...means the lines are not getting deleted.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete lines with duplicate strings based on date

Hey all, a relative bash/script newbie trying solve a problem. I've got a text file with lots of lines that I've been able to clean up and format with awk/sed/cut, but now I'd like to remove the lines with duplicate usernames based on time stamp. Here's what the data looks like 2007-11-03... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattv
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete new lines based on search criteria

Hi all! A bit of background: I am trying to create a script that formats SQL statements. I have gotten so far as to add new lines based on certain match criteria like commas, keywords etc. In the process, I end up adding newlines where I don't want. For example: substr(colName, 1, 10)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayarkay
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines based on line number

I have a file with ~200K lines, I need to delete 4K lines in it. There is no range. I do have the line numbers of the lines which I want to be deleted. I did tried using > cat del.lines sed '510d;12d;219d;......;3999d' file > source del.lines Word too long. I even tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice_man
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk : how to delete lines based on IP pattern ?

Hi, I would like to delete lines in /etc/hosts on few workstations, basically I want to delete all the lines for a list of machines like this : for HOST in $(cat stations.lst |uniq) do # echo -n "$HOST" if ping -c 1 $HOST > /dev/null 2>&1 then HOSTNAME_val=`rsh $HOST "sed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: albator1932
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need To Delete Lines Based On Search Criteria

Hi All, I have following input file. I wish to retain those lines which match multiple search criteria. The search criteria is stored in a variable seperated from each other by comma(,). SEARCH_CRITERIA = "REJECT, DUPLICATE" Input File: ERROR,MYFILE_20130214_11387,9,37.75... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete all ebtables rules

Hi All, I configured a bridged debian firewall using bridging utilities. This works fine & I have been monitoring all users connecting to the internet & bandwidth usage. There are 2 interfaces eth0 & eth1 which i have configured as bridged interface br0. Today, I installed squid on the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete specific lines from files based on another file

I have some text files in a folder named ff as follows. I need to delete the lines (in-place editing)in these files based on another file aa.txt. 32bm.txt: 249 253 A P - 0 0 8 0, 0.0 6,-1.4 0, 0.0 2,-0.4 -0.287 25.6-102.0 -74.4 161.1 37.1 13.3 10.9 250... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aden
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines from file based on condition

I want to keep last 2 days data from a file and want to delete others data from the file. Please help me. Sample Input # cat messages-2 Apr 15 11:25:03 test1 kernel: imklog 4.6.2, log source = /proc/kmsg started. Apr 15 11:25:03 test1 rsyslogd: (re)start Apr 16 19:42:03 test1 kernel:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines based on pattern match

BASH in Solaris 10 I have a log file like below. Whenever the pattern ORA-39083 is encountered, I want to delete the line which has this pattern and 3 lines below it. $ cat someLogfile.txt ORA-39083: Object type OBJECT_GRANT failed to create with error: ORA-01917: user or role 'CMPA' does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to delete to the list of files in a directory based on last created & delete them

Hi My directory structure is as below. dir1, dir2, dir3 I have the list of files to be deleted in the below path as below. /staging/retain_for_2years/Cleanup/log $ ls -lrt total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 nobody nobody 256 Mar 01 16:15 01-MAR-2015_SPDBS2 drwxr-xr-x 2 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasadn
2 Replies
curs_scroll(3CURSES)					     Curses Library Functions					      curs_scroll(3CURSES)

NAME
curs_scroll, scroll, scrl, wscrl - scroll a curses window SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lcurses [ library ... ] #include <curses.h> int scroll(WINDOW *win); int scrl(int n); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); DESCRIPTION
With the scroll() routine, the window is scrolled up one line. This involves moving the lines in the window data structure. As an optimiza- tion, if the scrolling region of the window is the entire screen, the physical screen is scrolled at the same time. With the scrl() and wscrl() routines, for positive n scroll the window up n lines (line i+n becomes i); otherwise scroll the window down n lines. This involves moving the lines in the window character image structure. The current cursor position is not changed. For these functions to work, scrolling must be enabled via scrollok(). RETURN VALUES
All routines return the integer ERR upon failure and an integer value other than ERR upon successful completion. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curs_outopts(3CURSES), curses(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <curses.h> automatically includes the headers <stdio.h> and <unctrl.h>. Note that scrl() and scroll() may be macros. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 curs_scroll(3CURSES)