Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ssh not supporting sudo and sqlplus commands Post 302788515 by chandini on Tuesday 2nd of April 2013 02:50:13 AM
Old 04-02-2013
Ssh not supporting sudo and sqlplus commands

Hi Guys ,

I was facing an issue some thing like , I have to connect remote machine and should execute few commands over there , I am able to run some simple commands , but below commands are throws error like not found.
Code:
eg : sudo su - username  and sqlplus user/pwd@db , srvrmgr commands etc

ssh command I used here
Code:
ssh -n user@remote host "cd xx/yy/z; pwd; sudo su - username ;sqlplus user/pwd@db; srvrmgr ;"

fyi I tried to run with separate script which I keep in remote machine , but no luck .

Please suggest/help me if any other ways to resolve this issue.

Regards
Chandini

Last edited by Franklin52; 04-02-2013 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Logging all commands after a sudo su-

Hi there, It might seem tricky, I confess. We use sudo to allow people to initiate priviledged commands (but not all commands) on our Unix systems. To by pass this, some people initiate the sudo su - command ; The main issue is to 'know' what those people do when they gain root access.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxmtl
4 Replies

2. AIX

how can i install sqlplus and execute some sql commands

hi everybody, i am Talip, a begginner at unix based systems and i have a problem (actually, we may think myself as the problem, in this situation). i am not sure if this is the correct platform for my questions. if it is not please forgive me about this inappropriate mail. what i have: *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

could not send commands SSH session with Net::SSH::Expect

I am using Net::SSH::Expect to connect to the device(iLO) with SSH. After the $ssh->login() I'm able to view the prompt, but not able to send any coommands. With the putty I can connect to the device and execute the commands without any issues. Here is the sample script my $ssh =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo commands list

Hi, Can you please give me a list of commands executed through 'sudo' command, thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

6. Programming

Using Commands over SSH using Sudo

Is there a way to transfer my sudo password via ssh so that I can copy files remotely and pass them locally, so: cat sudo-passwd-file|ssh -t user@10.7.0.180 'sudo find / -depth|cpio -oacv|gzip' > /path/to/dir/file.cpio.gz I am in the process of a creating a script. Everytime I try and just... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo: blocking specific commands

Hello all, I manage some HP-UX 11.31 servers. I have some users that have sudo access. All of them belong to the 'sudoers' user group. Right now, sudo is configured as wide open: %sudoers ALL=(ALL) ALL We are using sudo mostly for auditing purposes - when a user wants to run a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automatically run commands after SSH and SUDO not working?

I'm working on a script to SSH and SUDO as (sap user sidadm) then automatically run commands that the sidadm user can run such as R3trans -v, tp, etc.. I can SSH without password and SUDO.. but the commands don't run after I SSH and SUDO to the sidadm user...here is the commands that I've... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: icemanj
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh does not support sqlplus and sudo -i?

Hey everybody, currently I am having an issue that I need to open an ssh session to a remote host, once on the remote host I need to use sudo and then execute sqlplus. Once the sqlplus call is open I need to execute one command while the sqlplus is active. For example show sga. I already got so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h1kelds
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus not working through ssh

Hi Gurus, I was trying to execute sqlplus command remotely like ssh -q IP venkat@"which sqlplus" am getting error as which: no sqlplus in (/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin) if i connect manually and executing which sqlplus it working fine. Please help to fix the issue. Regard's Venky (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky.b5
7 Replies
FLUXBOX-REMOTE(1)						  Fluxbox Manual						 FLUXBOX-REMOTE(1)

NAME
fluxbox-remote - command line access to key commands for fluxbox(1) SYNOPSIS
fluxbox-remote command DESCRIPTION
fluxbox-remote(1) is designed to allow scripts to execute most key commands from fluxbox(1). fluxbox-remote(1) will only work with fluxbox(1): its communications with fluxbox(1) are not standardized in any way. It is recommended that a standards-based tool such as wmctrl(1) be used whenever possible, in order for scripts to work with other window managers. CAVEATS
fluxbox-remote(1) uses the X11 protocol to communicate with fluxbox(1). Therefore, it is possible for any user with access to the X(7) server to use fluxbox-remote(1). For this reason, several key commands have been disabled. Users should be aware of the security implications when enabling fluxbox-remote(1), especially when using a forwarded X(7) connection. RESOURCES
session.screen0.allowRemoteActions: <boolean> This resource in ~/.fluxbox/init must be set to 'true' in order for fluxbox-remote(1) to function. Please read the CAVEATS first. ENVIRONMENT
In order to communicate with fluxbox(1), the DISPLAY environment variable must be set properly. Usually, the value should be ':0.0'. AUTHORS
This man page written by Mark Tiefenbruck <mark at fluxbox.org> SEE ALSO
fluxbox(1) fluxbox-keys(5) wmctrl(1) AUTHOR
Mark Tiefenbruck <mark@fluxbox.org> Author. fluxbox-remote.txt 27 February 2011 FLUXBOX-REMOTE(1)