Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help executing command with options Post 302788445 by bbbngowc on Monday 1st of April 2013 09:53:19 PM
Old 04-01-2013
So I treated the command as I would a line with spaces,

Quote:
"O1='$input'"\ "O2='data2'"\ "O3='data3'"\ ./executable\ >\ /send/output/to/log`date`.txt"
Now I'm getting "0403-005 Cannot create the specified file".

wth?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Executing command line options

Can someone please tell me how to modify/add to this code so that it recognizes UNIX command options (all beginning with "-") and executes the command with options? #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> int main(int argc, char *argv) { int i; system("stty -echo"); ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Safia
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Split Command options

HI! All iam using Split command to split a large .txt file in to smaller files, The syntax iam using split -25000 Product.txt iam getting four output files but not in .txt format but in some other format , when i checked the properties the Type of the output files is Type can any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohdtausifsh
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to? launch command with string of command line options

my description from another thread... here's my code: #!/bin/bash IFS=$'\n' function OutputName() { input=$1 echo $input input=`echo "$input" | sed -e 's/.//'` input=`echo "$input".avi` output_name=$input } if ]; then echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinCanFury
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Linux - HP UX Command options

Just I gone with the script, I found some command's options which are not compatible with " HP-UX ". If I found any alternate commands to the following, most probably I will solve the issue here. 1. " iostat -x " --> this command's option( x ) is not available in HP-UX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pk_eee
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restricting the ls command options

Hi I want the 'ls' command to display only the file size,date modified and name of the file.What i could see with different options is this: $ls -got packagecount.csv $-rwxrwxrwx 1 393137 Aug 21 14:46 packagecount.csv Now what should be my possible... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushovan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to disable options from a command

Hi, I am working on a Linux machine. I need to disable 2 options from the available 6 options of a command. For eg. in the "ls" command we have various options like "l ,r, t, a, .... " From this, I need to disable option "a" So when the users type in "ls -a", they should get an error or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aster007
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running set options from the command line and bash command

I'm reading about debugging aids in bash and have come across the set command. It says in my little book that an addition to typing set you can also use them "on the command line when running a script..." and it lists this in a small table: set -o option Command Line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Override options of rm command

How can i override options of rm command ?? and how can i implement my own options when we delete file using rm commad it will not delete file it has to move some folder....plz suggest some solution. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun508.gatike
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading command options one by one

Hi, Just some questions on the script below...? Given: bash-2.03$ command -a option1 name1 name2 ParseOptions() { local Len=${#@} local Ctr=2 #always start at 2 local Name=() local Iter=0 while ; do if <- Is this correct? so I can get the $2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ls command options

Hi, If I want to list files with names containing a certain letter like " a " using just one ls command, is there any way of doing that? Note that it is containing a letter instead of one of the following (starting, ending with a letter or having the letter in between). what I want is to show... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AAAnni
1 Replies
PREZIP-BIN(1)						 Aspell Abbreviated User's Manual					     PREZIP-BIN(1)

NAME
prezip-bin - prefix zip delta word list compressor/decompressor SYNOPSIS
prezip-bin [ -V | -d | -z ] DESCRIPTION
prezip-bin compresses/decompresses sorted word lists from standard input to standard output. Prezip-bin is similar to word-list-compress(1) but it allows a larger character set of {0x00...0x09, 0x0B, 0x0C, 0x0E...0xFF} and multi-words larger than 255 characters in length. It can also decompress word-list-compress(1) compatible files. COMMANDS
Prezip-bin accepts only one of these commands. -V Display prezip-bin version number to standard output. -d Read a compressed word list from standard input and decompress it to standard output. This can be a word-list-compress(1) or a prezip-bin compressed file. -z Read a binary word list from standard input and compress it to standard output. EXAMPLES
prezip-bin -d <wordlist.cwl >wordlist.txt Decompress file wordlist.cwl to text file wordlist.txt prezip-bin -z <wordlist.txt >wordlist.pz 2>errors.txt Compress wordlist.txt to binary file wordlist.pz and send any error messages to a text file named errors.txt LC_COLLATE=C sort -u <wordlist.txt | prezip-bin -z >wordlist.pz Sort a word list, then pipe it to prezip-bin to create a compressed binary wordlist.pz file. prezip-bin -d <words.pz | aspell create master ./words.rws Decompress a wordlist, then pipe it to aspell(1) to create a spelling list. Please check the aspell(1) info manual for proper usage and options. TIPS
Prezip-bin is best used with sorted word list type files. It is not a general purpose compression program since resulting files may actu- ally increase in size. Unlike word-list-compress(1) if your word list has leading or trailing blank spaces for formatting purposes, you should remove them first before you compress your list using prezip-bin -z , otherwise those spaces will be included in the compressed binary output. DIAGNOSTICS
Prezip-bin normally exits with a return code of 0. If it encounters an error, a message is sent to standard error output (stderr), and prezip-bin exits with a non-zero return value. Error messages are listed below: (display help/usage message) Unknown command given on the command line so prezip-bin displays a usage message to standard error output. unknown format The input file appears not to be an expected format, or may possibly be a more advanced format. The output file will be empty. corrupt input This is only for the decompression command -d. The input file appeared to be of a correct format, but something appears wrong now. There may be some valid data in output, but due to input corruption, the rest of the file can not be completed. unexpected EOF The input file appeared okay but ended sooner than expected, therefore the output file is not complete. SEE ALSO
aspell(1), aspell-import(1), run-with-aspell(1), word-list-compress(1) Aspell is fully documented in its Texinfo manual. See the `aspell' entry in info for more complete documentation. REPORTING BUGS
For help, see the Aspell homepage at <http://aspell.net>. Send bug reports/comments to the Aspell user list at the above address. AUTHOR
This info page was written by Jose Da Silva <digital@joescat.com>. prezip-bin-0.1.2 2005-09-30 PREZIP-BIN(1)