Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Grep command error
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep command error Post 302788275 by PikK45 on Monday 1st of April 2013 12:01:04 PM
Old 04-01-2013
This should give you brief as output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep command

Hi, I'd like to use grep command to filter something from all the directories that above my directory. How do I do that? I tried 'grep something ./*' but I didn't get anything which I knew there is something inside one of the subdirectory. thnks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatisthis
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to exclude the GREP command from GREP

I am doing "ps -f" to see my process. but I get lines that one of it represents the ps command itself. I want to grep it out using -v flag, but than I get another process that belongs to the GREP itself : I would like to exclude # ps -f UID PID PPID C STIME TTY TIME CMD... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

can anyone help with shell script command about searching word with grep command?

i want to search in the current directory all the files that contain one word for example "hello" i want to achieve it with the grep command but not with the grep * (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aintour
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Command

Hi, I Want to grep the 500th character of a line in a file. please help on this. Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghulshekar
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep only last occurred error in error.log,

hi folk i need your help to find one logic.... i have error log same as any other error logs which get populated by no of events and errors... but i need to grep the last occured errors.. which cant be duplicate. here is my script. ======================== #!/usr/bin/ksh grep -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tapia
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with using grep command with copy command

Hi, im taking an entry Unix class, and as part of my lab assignment I have to copy all files in the /home/david/lab3 directory that have the file extension .save to your lab3/temp directory. I'm having trouble getting the grep to do anything worth while I've been trying to do: cp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Critical jeff
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use And/Or in grep command?

dears how can i use And/Or in grep expression? thanks alot (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thehero
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Supressing error while using grep command

I am tryin to grep some pattern in file and redirecting it in to another file. If the file doesn't exist then it should not throw error. eg : grep "pattern" "$path1/filename" >> newfile I have multiple number of grep statement like this. so i cant check each and every is exist or not... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arukuku
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep command

I am using below command to grep a string in all the dir/subdir: find /home -exec grep 'balance1212' {} /dev/null \; I'm getting a lot of lines like below: grep: can't open /home/shared/argr find: cannot open /home/shared/srpt/.ssh I want to see only the file having the string... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command giving different result for different users for same command

Hello, I am running below command as root user #nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch count" Memtable switch count: 12 Where as when I try to run same command as another user it gives different result. #su -l zabbix -s /bin/bash -c "nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pushpraj
10 Replies
GRUB-FSTEST(1)                                                     User Commands                                                    GRUB-FSTEST(1)

NAME
grub-fstest - debug tool for GRUB filesystem drivers SYNOPSIS
grub-fstest [OPTION...] IMAGE_PATH COMMANDS DESCRIPTION
Debug tool for filesystem driver. Commands: blocklist FILE Display blocklist of FILE. cat FILE Copy FILE to standard output. cmp FILE LOCAL Compare FILE with local file LOCAL. cp FILE LOCAL Copy FILE to local file LOCAL. crc FILE Get crc32 checksum of FILE. hex FILE Show contents of FILE in hex. ls PATH List files in PATH. xnu_uuid DEVICE Compute XNU UUID of the device. -c, --diskcount=NUM Specify the number of input files. -C, --crypto Mount crypto devices. -d, --debug=STRING Set debug environment variable. -K, --zfs-key=FILE|prompt Load zfs crypto key. -n, --length=NUM Handle N bytes in output file. -r, --root=DEVICE_NAME Set root device. -s, --skip=NUM Skip N bytes from output file. -u, --uncompress Uncompress data. -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. SEE ALSO
grub-probe(8) The full documentation for grub-fstest is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-fstest programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-fstest should give you access to the complete manual. grub-fstest (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-FSTEST(1)