Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Cannot correctly connect multi-stage C command pipe (among others) (FYI: a lot of code) Post 302787929 by Corona688 on Sunday 31st of March 2013 01:10:03 PM
Old 03-31-2013
That you can see their output means they're not being redirected properly.

You must dup2 the read-end of the previous pipe over the stdin of the process, and dup2 the write-end of the next pipe over the stdout of the process, for it to be part of the pipe chain. Otherwise its output will go direct to the terminal like everything else.

You must also close all original pipes in the child, leaving only the duplicates, or they may freeze when they're done instead of quitting.

Try simplifying your example. Right now it's very large and complex. Try something that just uses arrays for input instead of a full parser, then add it back on once you get it to work.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris has a lot of bugs, fstream wont write to file correctly!

I've got a c++ program that works fine on Linux, compiles on Solaris fine with g++, but will not write to a fstream correctly in a class object. And I've run into numerous other bugs in the disk management. Jon (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get exit code in a pipe-lined command?

I have a question about how to get the exit code of the first command when it appears in a pipe-lined command. For example, I have the following script: grep abc dddd | tee -a log if ] then echo "ERROR!" fi In the above script, ] is supposed to test the exit code of "grep abc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankai
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find command takes a lot of time ( can I skip directories)

I have a file called "library" with the following content libnxrdbmgr.a libnxrdbmgr.so libnxtk.a libnxtk.so libora0d_nsc_osi.so I am trying to locate if these libraries are on my machine or not. find command runs for about few seconds and hangs after this. Can someone please help me and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: knijjar
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date command to obtain the last month is not working correctly..

Hello, I could not find the exactly same post here.. so I will explain what I did to get the last month using date command. I used date +%Y-%m -d "-1 months" to get the last month. However, the returned value of above command on 2009/10/31 was 2009 10 and not 2009 09.. and the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tigersk
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command taking lot of time to execute

Hi, I am running the following command, and it tries to delete some dn from ldap, however, it takes lot of time before it finally request LDAP server to delete it. I am trying to find why it is taking lot of time. Could you anyone help me in this regard. I have copies the pstack output, and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Why code run not correctly

Hi there can anyone help me here is my code echo "Type in a positive number" read X I=2 while do if then echo "It is not prime" break else if then echo "It is prime" break else I=$(( $I + 1)) fi fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: FUTURE_EINSTEIN
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Can I run repair on lot of blocks with single command ?

Hi, I have Solaris-10 OS on T5220. Both local disks were mirrored under SVM. Somehow when one disk gone bad (c0t1d0), other disk (c0t0d0) also got lot of bad block. We have readable data only on c0t0d0, but as soon as server comes after, it hangs when I run few commands because of read errors,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to compile a Datastage Job using Execute Command Stage or Routines in Datastage 11?

I am trying to compile the datastage jobs using the Execute Command stage in datastage 11 or any Routines if possible. My datastage is on Unix machine. So, How can I Compile a datastage job in UNIX from command line or any Routines. Please help me in doing so. Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elena jessi
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep -v command not filtering correctly

Hello guys, I have an issue when trying to do an egrep -v on a file, let me show you. I want to filter the last column as to where it filters out the columns with asterisks and zeros ( * and 0 ) it is working properly up to a certain point where I have a value of '10000' which is also getting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evergreen
3 Replies
DROP TEXT SEARCH 
TEMPLATE(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE(7) NAME
DROP_TEXT_SEARCH_TEMPLATE - remove a text search template SYNOPSIS
DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE [ IF EXISTS ] name [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ] DESCRIPTION
DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE drops an existing text search template. You must be a superuser to use this command. PARAMETERS
IF EXISTS Do not throw an error if the text search template does not exist. A notice is issued in this case. name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of an existing text search template. CASCADE Automatically drop objects that depend on the text search template. RESTRICT Refuse to drop the text search template if any objects depend on it. This is the default. EXAMPLES
Remove the text search template thesaurus: DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE thesaurus; This command will not succeed if there are any existing text search dictionaries that use the template. Add CASCADE to drop such dictionaries along with the template. COMPATIBILITY
There is no DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE statement in the SQL standard. SEE ALSO
ALTER TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE (ALTER_TEXT_SEARCH_TEMPLATE(7)), CREATE TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE (CREATE_TEXT_SEARCH_TEMPLATE(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 DROP TEXT SEARCH TEMPLATE(7)