Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create a program illustrating SUID Post 302787851 by ravisingh on Sunday 31st of March 2013 06:22:18 AM
Old 03-31-2013
Don, earlier, I had checked by running like this also
Code:
./bb.sh

Now, also after reading your post I again ran like this but the same result.
My screenshot proves this.
Also, I had used my 1st line in bb.sh as
Code:
#! /bin/bash

(there is a space between #! and /bin/bash, I hope this shouldn't be a problem because your post doesn't reflect any space.)
But the same output. See my screenshot please.

And yes I was thinking how
Code:
#! /bin/bash

can be a problem as it's only an interpreter line to say which sub-shell I want to use for my script. In absence of that, obviously the same shell as of parent would have been used.

Also, Don although my screenshot shows that I changed the user using su command, but I tested running the script by logging off the owner "Bholua" and then logging back with the other user "chunmun".

So, where are we missing something???
Create a program illustrating SUID-suidpng

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Using a C program to create directories in UNIX

Aloha, I'm attempting to use a C program to create directories and then use a system call to have another program write .dat files into that directory. I understand that I could use the "system("mkdir directory_name")" function however, I would like my program to create a new directory each time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloha_boi
3 Replies

2. Programming

How to create a new unix user in through a c program

Hi , I want to create a new user using c program not with unix adduser command . is it possible to write a cprogram to create a new user account , it should accept username , grouid , group name and all other privilages . i can use system calls inside c program to do this . i will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
5 Replies

3. Programming

Create a lib from a c program

I have a function in a c program that I want to to share with other programs. How do I create a lib using the cc compiler ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: npires
9 Replies

4. Programming

create sound using C program

I could not recall the function in C to generate diff type of sounds. Can somebody help me out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Program to create a RPM name

Hi Guru,s/Geek,s I need help to create RPM names from rpms. Example : a2ps-4.14-6.fc10.i386 perl-Email-Find-0.10-2.fc10.noarch directfb-1.2.7-2.fc10.i386 libid3tag-0.15.1b-7.fc10.i386 apr-util-1.3.7-1.fc10.i386 libquicktime-1.0.3-4.fc10.i386 The Desired Output is : a2ps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.linux1984
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

create a program that runs two processes linked oven

I need help program in C... :create a program that runs two processes linked oven (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gizmo16
1 Replies

7. AIX

How to create core through program at the time of crash by handling signals?

I am in process of writing a library which can make any application of my product capable of creating core in the application's log folder with a product friendly core file name programatically. In my library I am registering for certain signals e.g. SIGILL, SIGFPE, SIGBUS, SIGSEGV, SIGSYS, SIGABRT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeev_ks
1 Replies

8. Solaris

How to create core through program at the time of crash by handling signals?

I am in process of writing a library which can make any application of my product capable of creating core in the application's log folder with a product friendly core file name programatically. In my library I am registering for certain signals e.g. SIGILL, SIGFPE, SIGBUS, SIGSEGV, SIGSYS, SIGABRT... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeev_ks
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between inbuilt suid programs and user defined root suid programs under bash shell?

Hey guys, Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries. However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can you gain root privileges if the suid program does not belong to root?

I had a question in my test which asked where suppose user B has a program with 's' bit set. Can user A run this program and gain root privileges in any way? I suppose not as the suid program run with privileges of owner and this program will run with B's privileges and not root. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
1 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)