Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run commands in a script in different shells Post 302787813 by Corona688 on Saturday 30th of March 2013 09:57:00 PM
Old 03-30-2013
If you want a command to run in the background, put an & after it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to run different shells which run different processes

Hi, Would like to ask the experts if anyone knows how to run a script like this: dtterm -title shell1 run process1 on shell1 dtterm -title shell2 run process2 on shell2 cheers! p/s: sorry if i used the wrong forum, quite concussed after watching world cup for several nights; but I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mochi
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to run a few commands help!

Hi friends this is first post i am very new to shell scripting so i require your expertise to do the following thank u I need to write a shell script which will run the following commands pg_dump bank > backup(Enter) Wait for bash prompt to appear coz it indicates that the command is... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: perk_bud
23 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

run commands within a script on certain days

Hi, please advise a script, something like this: If ; then do something else ( or for any other day of the week ) do otherthing fi Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Help] script how to run 2 commands simultaneously

#!/bin/sh firefox index.html firefox secondpage.html hey guys, im not able to open up two pages at the same time... it always open up index.html first, and only after i close it, then the 2nd page pops up... is there any way i can run both commands at the same time? i appreciate any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: funnyguy123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question regarding shells and subshells when a script is run

I have the following script running with nohup on one of my servers: #!/bin/bash #\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ #set log number #i=1 #\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ #Check if log exits, if so incrememnt log number up so we don't clobber #while... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeCoTwc
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run additional shells

Hi, unix newbi here. Im currently on the bash shell, what are the commands to run additional shells? for example i want to run csh and then ksh? Thanks. BT. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BillThompson
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run sudo commands under a script?

Hi, I am new to scripting. I am trying to write a script to ssh one remote machine and run a sudo command. ssh <hostname> sudo -S <command> < ~/pass.txt I am stored my password in pass.txt. I am getting error sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified Please suggest me how can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkia9
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commands to run from shell script

Hi script> isumid 98765432 if i give above command in cmd prompt it is running the same thing if i give inside the shell script it is not working below is the code #!/bin/bash isumid 98765432 please give me a solution (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramrangasamy
16 Replies

10. IP Networking

How to run an script and its commands via proxy?

Hi, i used this tutorial which tells me to use following example command to proxify traffic from my linux export {http,https,ftp}_proxy=122.228.156.126:80 when i do this command from command line it works and then i curl http://site/ipcheck.php i see its proxified, which is what i want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: postcd
5 Replies