Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Split binary file every occurrence of a group of characters Post 302787535 by PatrickE on Friday 29th of March 2013 07:55:19 PM
Old 03-29-2013
Wow I hadn't noticed that one yet. I figured once I figured out how to separate based on content I could adjust it when the occurrences are varied. For the example I may have made it a bit longer than it should have been. Let me see.

I've noticed the length of similarities very by the files bit rate.

00 00 01 BA ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** F8 00 00 01 BB 00 12 ** ** ** ** E1 7F B9 E0 E8 B8 C0 20 BD E0 3A BF E0 02 00 00

Might be more accurate.
So as long as the first a few from the second and some form the third occur in the same way it should be accurate still.

I can check a few more files.
Those samples were from 3 different files.

---------- Post updated at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:44 PM ----------

It seems the constant might change but there are parts that I can tell don't change and only occur in the string sequence.
Adjusting each string if not to complicated I can fix that when needed.

Sorry about the inaccuracies.
Alister

ahamed Um each file is different in size. I have about 200 files that range between 1.5 gb and 2.3 gb and 400 that range between 100mb and 500mb. There were about 130 Videos before the corruption.
And none of the split outputs will be consistently the same size.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a binary file into 2 basing on 2 delemiter string

Hi all, I have a binary file (orig.dat) and two special delimiter strings 'AAA' and 'BBB'. My binary file's content is as follow: <Data1.1>AAA<Data1.2>BBB <Data2.1>AAA<Data2.2>BBB ... <DataN.1>AAA<DataN.2>BBB DataX.Y might have any length, and contains any kind of special/printable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Averell
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split these into many ...(/etc/group)!!

Guys Following input line is from /etc/group file.As we know last entry in a line of /etc/group is userlist (all the users belonging to that group). I need to splilt this one line into 3 lines as shown below (3 because userlist has 3 names in it). Input: lp:!:11:root,lp,printq ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file by data group

Hi all, I'm having a little trouble solving a file split I need to get done. I have the following data: 1. Light 1A. Light Soft texture: it's soft color: the color value is that of something light vital statistics: srm: 23 og: 1.035 sp: 1.065 comment: this is nice if you like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkastin
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split binary file with pattern

Hello! Have some problem with extract files from saved session. File contains any kind of special/printable characters. DATA NumberA DATA DATA Begin DATA1.1 DATA1.2 NumberB1 DATA1.3 DATA1.4 End DATA DATA DATA Begin DATA2.1 DATA2.2 NumberB2 DATA2.3 DATA2.4 End DATA DATA ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvild
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove last characters after %EOF (pdf binary file)

Hi, I want to know how I can remove the last characters of ANY pdf file. I read it under "od" in the command shell to see which were the last characters: $od corruptedfile.pdf -c When I see the file, I need to keep only the last characters, or "end of the file": %EOF (obviously keeping all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diegugawa
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file based on group count

Hi, can some one please help me to split the file based on groups. like in the below scenario x indicates the begining of the group and the file should be split each with 2 groups below there are 10 groups it should create 5 files. could you please help? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all characters before the last occurrence of /

Hi All, I have a text file with the following text in it: file:///About/accessibility.html file:///About/disclaimer.html file:///About/disclaimer.html#disclaimer file:///pubmed?term=%22Dacre%20I%22%5BAuthor%5D file:///pubmed?term=%22Madigan%20J%22%5BAuthor%5D... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

split a string and convert to binary

Hi All, Iam new to unix scripting and I want a split a string into 4 characters each, leaving the last two characters and convert the splitted values into binary. For example: string='ffd80012ffe20000ffebfffeffea0007fff0ffd70014fff1fff0fff0fff201' this should split as ffd8 0012 ffe2 . .... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasayedla
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counting occurrence of characters in a string

Hello, I have a string like this 0:1:2:0:2:2:4:0:0:0:-200:500...... what i want is to break down how many different characters are there and their count. For example for above string it should display 0 - 5 times 1 - 1 times 2 - 3 times 4 - 1 times . . . I am stuck in writing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: exit86
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a big file into multiple files based on first four characters

I have a requirement to split a huge file to smaller text files based on first four characters which look like ABCD 1234 DFGH RREX : : : : : 0000 Each of these records are OF EQUAL bytes with a different internal layout based on the above first digit identifier.. Any help to start... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
5 Replies
split(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  split(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
split - Split a string into a proper Tcl list SYNOPSIS
split string ?splitChars? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Returns a list created by splitting string at each character that is in the splitChars argument. Each element of the result list will con- sist of the characters from string that lie between instances of the characters in splitChars. Empty list elements will be generated if string contains adjacent characters in splitChars, or if the first or last character of string is in splitChars. If splitChars is an empty string then each character of string becomes a separate element of the result list. SplitChars defaults to the standard white-space char- acters. EXAMPLES
Divide up a USENET group name into its hierarchical components: split "comp.lang.tcl.announce" . -> comp lang tcl announce See how the split command splits on every character in splitChars, which can result in information loss if you are not careful: split "alpha beta gamma" "temp" -> al {ha b} {} {a ga} {} a Extract the list words from a string that is not a well-formed list: split "Example with {unbalanced brace character" -> Example with {unbalanced brace character Split a string into its constituent characters split "Hello world" {} -> H e l l o { } w o r l d PARSING RECORD-ORIENTED FILES Parse a Unix /etc/passwd file, which consists of one entry per line, with each line consisting of a colon-separated list of fields: ## Read the file set fid [open /etc/passwd] set content [read $fid] close $fid ## Split into records on newlines set records [split $content " "] ## Iterate over the records foreach rec $records { ## Split into fields on colons set fields [split $rec ":"] ## Assign fields to variables and print some out... lassign $fields userName password uid grp longName homeDir shell puts "$longName uses [file tail $shell] for a login shell" } SEE ALSO
join(n), list(n), string(n) KEYWORDS
list, split, string Tcl split(n)