Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Split binary file every occurrence of a group of characters Post 302787469 by alister on Friday 29th of March 2013 04:40:40 PM
Old 03-29-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickE
I have been searching for a code to split the file at every occurrence of
Code:
00 00 01 BA ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** C3 F8 00 00 01 BB 00 12 80 C4 E1 00 E1 7F B9 E0 E8 B8 C0 20

* = Random digit.
So the asterisks can be any hex digit. The bytes in blue must match exactly. What about the first four bytes in your sequences (highlighted in red)? Do they need to match exactly or can they be anything as well?

Also, what happens with this entire sequence when the file is split? Is it discarded and not included in either file? If not, on which side of the split should it appear? Should the matching bytes be placed at the end of one file or the beginning of the next?

Might there be more than one occurrence of this sequence in a file, requiring that a single file be split into more than 2 files?

Do you have any preference with regard to the new file names, e.g. movie.mpeg might be split into movie.mpeg.1 movie.mpeg.2?

Regards,
Alister

Last edited by alister; 03-29-2013 at 05:47 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a binary file into 2 basing on 2 delemiter string

Hi all, I have a binary file (orig.dat) and two special delimiter strings 'AAA' and 'BBB'. My binary file's content is as follow: <Data1.1>AAA<Data1.2>BBB <Data2.1>AAA<Data2.2>BBB ... <DataN.1>AAA<DataN.2>BBB DataX.Y might have any length, and contains any kind of special/printable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Averell
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split these into many ...(/etc/group)!!

Guys Following input line is from /etc/group file.As we know last entry in a line of /etc/group is userlist (all the users belonging to that group). I need to splilt this one line into 3 lines as shown below (3 because userlist has 3 names in it). Input: lp:!:11:root,lp,printq ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file by data group

Hi all, I'm having a little trouble solving a file split I need to get done. I have the following data: 1. Light 1A. Light Soft texture: it's soft color: the color value is that of something light vital statistics: srm: 23 og: 1.035 sp: 1.065 comment: this is nice if you like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkastin
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split binary file with pattern

Hello! Have some problem with extract files from saved session. File contains any kind of special/printable characters. DATA NumberA DATA DATA Begin DATA1.1 DATA1.2 NumberB1 DATA1.3 DATA1.4 End DATA DATA DATA Begin DATA2.1 DATA2.2 NumberB2 DATA2.3 DATA2.4 End DATA DATA ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vvild
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove last characters after %EOF (pdf binary file)

Hi, I want to know how I can remove the last characters of ANY pdf file. I read it under "od" in the command shell to see which were the last characters: $od corruptedfile.pdf -c When I see the file, I need to keep only the last characters, or "end of the file": %EOF (obviously keeping all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diegugawa
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

split file based on group count

Hi, can some one please help me to split the file based on groups. like in the below scenario x indicates the begining of the group and the file should be split each with 2 groups below there are 10 groups it should create 5 files. could you please help? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmansilentass
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all characters before the last occurrence of /

Hi All, I have a text file with the following text in it: file:///About/accessibility.html file:///About/disclaimer.html file:///About/disclaimer.html#disclaimer file:///pubmed?term=%22Dacre%20I%22%5BAuthor%5D file:///pubmed?term=%22Madigan%20J%22%5BAuthor%5D... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

split a string and convert to binary

Hi All, Iam new to unix scripting and I want a split a string into 4 characters each, leaving the last two characters and convert the splitted values into binary. For example: string='ffd80012ffe20000ffebfffeffea0007fff0ffd70014fff1fff0fff0fff201' this should split as ffd8 0012 ffe2 . .... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasayedla
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counting occurrence of characters in a string

Hello, I have a string like this 0:1:2:0:2:2:4:0:0:0:-200:500...... what i want is to break down how many different characters are there and their count. For example for above string it should display 0 - 5 times 1 - 1 times 2 - 3 times 4 - 1 times . . . I am stuck in writing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: exit86
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a big file into multiple files based on first four characters

I have a requirement to split a huge file to smaller text files based on first four characters which look like ABCD 1234 DFGH RREX : : : : : 0000 Each of these records are OF EQUAL bytes with a different internal layout based on the above first digit identifier.. Any help to start... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
5 Replies
Imager::Color::Float(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Imager::Color::Float(3pm)

NAME
Imager::Color::Float - Rough floating point sample color handling SYNOPSIS
$color = Imager::Color->new($red, $green, $blue); $color = Imager::Color->new($red, $green, $blue, $alpha); $color = Imager::Color->new("#C0C0FF"); # html color specification $color->set($red, $green, $blue); $color->set($red, $green, $blue, $alpha); $color->set("#C0C0FF"); # html color specification ($red, $green, $blue, $alpha) = $color->rgba(); @hsv = $color->hsv(); # not implemented but proposed $color->info(); DESCRIPTION
This module handles creating color objects used by Imager. The idea is that in the future this module will be able to handle color space calculations as well. A floating point Imager color consists of up to four components, each in the range 0.0 to 1.0. Unfortunately the meaning of the components can change depending on the type of image you're dealing with: o for 3 or 4 channel images the color components are red, green, blue, alpha. o for 1 or 2 channel images the color components are gray, alpha, with the other two components ignored. An alpha value of zero is fully transparent, an alpha value of 1.0 is fully opaque. METHODS
new This creates a color object to pass to functions that need a color argument. set This changes an already defined color. Note that this does not affect any places where the color has been used previously. rgba() This returns the red, green, blue and alpha channels of the color the object contains. info Calling info merely dumps the relevant color to the log. AUTHOR
Arnar M. Hrafnkelsson, addi@umich.edu And a great deal of help from others - see the "README" for a complete list. SEE ALSO
Imager(3), Imager::Color. http://imager.perl.org/ perl v5.14.2 2011-06-06 Imager::Color::Float(3pm)