Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete zfs dump volume
Operating Systems Solaris Delete zfs dump volume Post 302787235 by cjashu on Friday 29th of March 2013 03:12:51 AM
Old 03-29-2013
Delete zfs dump volume

Hi guys,
how do you delete a zfs dump volume ?

Thanks for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

ZFS and SVM - volume management

pupp, thanks for the information. but is its integrated volume management better than SVM that we use (with ufs i believe)? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Remove the zfs snapshot keeping the original volume and clone

I created a snapshot and subsequent clone of a zfs volume. But now i 'm not able to remove the snapshot it gives me following error zfs destroy newpool/ldom2/zdisk4@bootimg cannot destroy 'newpool/ldom2/zdisk4@bootimg': snapshot has dependent clones use '-R' to destroy the following... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Ldom OS on SAN based zfs volume

Is it possible to use zvol from SAN LUN to install LDOM OS ? I 'm using following VDS from my service domain VDS NAME LDOM VOLUME DEVICE primary-vds0 primary iso sol-10-u6-ga1-sparc-dvd.iso cdrom ... (16 Replies)
16 Replies

4. Solaris

Mount A ZFS volume

Is there any way i can mount a zfs volume using snapshot or some other means ? (2 Replies)
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Please explain why ZFS is said to be a hybrid filesystem and a volume manager also

Hi guys! How come ZFS is said to be not just a filesystem but a hybrid filesystem and also a volume manager? Please explain. I will appreciate your replies. Hope you can help me figure this out. Thanks in advance! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Klyde
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Grow / expand a ZFS volume

Hi, I need to expand a ZFS volume from 500GB to 800GB. I'd like to ask your help to confirm the following procedure: Can I do it on the fly without bothering the users working on this volume? Thank you in advance! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
6 Replies

7. Solaris

2540 volume expand and solaris zfs grow

Hello I hope everyone is having a good day! Situation: 2540 with 3.6TB of usable space volume A is 2.6TB volume B was 1TB Volume A is mounted via a single lun on a solaris server and is running out of space. Volume B was used on another server but is no longer, I deleted the volume in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Metasin
7 Replies

8. AIX

Volume group delete is not possible

Hello experts, I canīt remove the vg vgnet after Storage removal (hdisk10) AIX 7.1 TL 3 / HOMOLOG > lsvg rootvg datavg ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: artur_dietrich
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11.2 dump device "kernel without ZFS metadata"

I've never seen this, is it normal for 11.2? Anyway to change it back to dumping metadata or is this simply an overly verbose message I may ignore? kernel without ZFS metadata (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LittleLebowski
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Exporting physical disk to ldom or ZFS volume

Generally, this is what we do:- On primary, export 2 LUNs (add-vdsdev). On primary, assign these disks to the ldom in question (add-vdisk). On ldom, created mirrored zpool from these two disks. On one server (which is older) we have:- On primary, create mirrored zpool from the two LUNs.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
4 Replies
VOLDUMP(8)						       AFS Command Reference							VOLDUMP(8)

NAME
voldump - Dump an AFS volume without using the Volume Server SYNOPSIS
voldump -part <partition> -volumeid <volume id> [-file <dump file>] [-verbose] [-help] voldump -p <partition> -vo <volume id> [-f <dump file>] [-ve] [-h] DESCRIPTION
voldump dumps an AFS volume in the format used by vos dump without using the Volume Server. It must be run on the file server machine and usually must be run as the superuser "root" to have permissions to read the file server data. It's primary use is to recover data from a file server machine where the Volume Server cannot be started for some reason. The dump output will go to standard output, or to a file if -file is specified. vos restore can be used to load the resulting dump into a new AFS volume. voldump always does a full dump. CAUTIONS
Normally, use vos dump instead of this command. voldump is a tool of last resort to try to extract data from the raw data structures stored on the file server machine and is not as regularly tested or used as the normal vos dump implementation. If the AFS volume being dumped changes while voldump is running, the results may be inconsistent. If the File Server and Volume Server are running, stop them with bos shutdown or a similar method before running this command. OPTIONS
-part <partition> Names the partition on which the volume to be dumped is located. voldump does not take the normal full range of ways of specifying a partition. Instead, partition must be either a single letter between "a" and "z", corresponding to /vicepa through /vicepz, or the full path to the file server partition. "aa" is not recognized; use /vicepaa instead. -volumeid <volume id> Specifies the ID of the volume to dump. The volume must be specified by numeric ID, not by name. -file <dump file> Specifies the output file for the dump. If this option is not given, the volume will be dumped to standard output. -verbose Asks for a verbose trace of the dump process. This trace information will be sent to standard error. EXAMPLES
The following command dumps the volume 1936964939 on the /vicepb partition to the file /tmp/volume.dump: % voldump -part /vicepb -volumeid 1936964939 -file /tmp/volume.dump PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have read access to the file server data stored in the specified partition. Usually, this means that the issuer must be the local superuser "root" on the file server machine. SEE ALSO
bos_shutdown(8), restorevol(1), volserver(8), vos_dump(1), vos_restore(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2005 Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. This man page was written by Russ Allbery for OpenAFS. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 VOLDUMP(8)