Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execution problem with the FTP shellscript Post 302787201 by Kannannair on Friday 29th of March 2013 01:04:34 AM
Old 03-29-2013
Hi Robin

Thank you very much now it is working, now I am able to see the File. But I have one more doubt . Whether can i Avoid the password prompt which is coming. If I have given the username and password as static why it is again Prompting for the password.When i checked I understand that we have to edit .netrc file but I cant acces this file in my server. Whether any other metod is there for this. This is not important but for perfection I am asking this. Thanks again for your help

Last edited by Kannannair; 03-29-2013 at 02:13 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ftp in Shellscript

Can I do something like this from a shellscript ?: ftp 12.34.56.78 <<! username password put a.c bye ! It does not go through as the login fails. Is there any alternative to do the above requirement? Thanks in advance. Gowrish (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggowrish
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

korn shellscript execution context - exit statement

Hi all, Could someone please explain to me the shell invocation process when running a script. How do I stop the shell from logging out when it reaches an exit statement in the script? if ; then echo 'Failed to copy ${FILE}.fmx to ${J2_HOME}/dev/rsc' ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: richgi
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shellscript problem

hI, Pls consider the following shell script #!/bin/csh -f sqlplus tkyte/tkyte <<"EOF" > tmp.csh set serveroutput on declare a number:=5; begin dbms_output.put_line( 'a:='||a ); end; / spool off "EOF" The above script does the followin 1)it connects... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed Problem in Shellscript

Hi, i have a problem with sed i want to substitude a / to ",""," in the following pattern: number/number so if u have a file which contains -> "Streetname 9/8/6" it shouldn't substitude anything, only if it is "Streetname 9/6" to "Streetname 9","","6". Maybe you can help me, i try so many... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urukai
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

Hi i am using expect module and trying to login using following code. ssh 127.0.0.1 expect "word:" send "$password \n" kindly let me know the login script using expect module (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esumiba
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

Hi I am automating my few commands out of which one command is tail -f running.logs when i run this command it does not automatically exit and show prompt (#) what would i do so that it will exit out automatically after few seconds and move to the next command without using ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

execution problem

HI I am trying to check the status of port using command /code: netstat -an | grep port /Output: *.2009 *.* 0 0 65535 0 LISTEN what i am trying to do is i want to grep only status Wether the port is established/listen if so show ok else... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem

Hi, I have been trying to run a simple script CONFIG_FILE="/jay/check" . . . for i in `cat $CONFIG_FILE` do loc=`echo $i | cut -d "|" -f2` var=$(find $loc -mtime -1|wc -l) if then echo $loc has files older than 1 day fi done . . . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayii
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution problem

How to search a pattern from multiple files... i used the command suppose the pattern name is xxx grep xxx (file1-o- file2-o- file3) Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksakil
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Simple Shellscript for uploading files to a specific folder on a ftp-server?

hi! Iam using my D-link DNS-320 (NAS) with fun_plug installed (a unix client) I am currently using cron to run a shellscript running a java-application that creates a couple of txt files. These files needs to be uploaded to a specific folder on my webhosts ftp server-account. I need a... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nigge
16 Replies
NETRC(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual							  NETRC(5)

NAME
netrc -- user configuration for ftp SYNOPSIS
~/.netrc DESCRIPTION
This file contains configuration and autologin information for the File Transfer Protocol client ftp(1). The .netrc file contains login and initialization information used by the auto-login process. It resides in the user's home directory. The following tokens are recognized; they may be separated by spaces, tabs, or new-lines: machine name Identify a remote machine name. The auto-login process searches the .netrc file for a machine token that matches the remote machine specified on the ftp command line or as an open command argument. Once a match is made, the subsequent .netrc tokens are processed, stopping when the end of file is reached or another machine or a default token is encountered. default This is the same as machine name except that default matches any name. There can be only one default token, and it must be after all machine tokens. This is normally used as: default login anonymous password user@site thereby giving the user automatic anonymous ftp login to machines not specified in .netrc. This can be overridden by using the -n flag to disable auto-login. login name Identify a user on the remote machine. If this token is present, the auto-login process will initiate a login using the specified name. password string Supply a password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires a password as part of the login process. Note that if this token is present in the .netrc file for any user other than anonymous, ftp will abort the auto-login process if the .netrc is readable by anyone besides the user. account string Supply an additional account password. If this token is present, the auto-login process will supply the specified string if the remote server requires an additional account password, or the auto-login process will initiate an ACCT command if it does not. macdef name Define a macro. This token functions like the ftp macdef command functions. A macro is defined with the specified name; its con- tents begin with the next .netrc line and continue until a null line (consecutive new-line characters) is encountered. If a macro named init is defined, it is automatically executed as the last step in the auto-login process. SEE ALSO
ftp(1), ftpd(8) Linux NetKit (0.17) September 23, 1997 Linux NetKit (0.17)