Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Script to Delete Old Cron Jobs Post 302787177 by bakunin on Thursday 28th of March 2013 07:48:38 PM
Old 03-28-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewT
The trouble I'm having is finding a way to clean out the old one-run cron jobs.
I don't quite get it: if you want to run a job exactly once, why do you (mis-)use cron instead of using at? The effort is the same, the format is even easier and you don't need any crontab-gymnastics afterwards.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron jobs

I need to monitor my cron jobs with another unix machine since occasionally the cron will go down on the main server but there are no errors. Can anyone help with a script to write to use the cron on the back up machine to monitor the main server? I am using SCO and the cron jobs have been... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmarral
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

Cron jobs

i am new for cronjobs can someone please tell me what logic is behind these RED Numbers and stars below? --> crontab -l 00 1 * * * /home/scripts/TarprodContent > /tmp/MprodBkup.log 2>&1 00 1 * * * /home/scripts/TarTprodContent > /tmp/TprodBkup.log 2>&1 00 1 * * *... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajadaun
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while running the script through cron jobs .Please help me on this

Hi Everyone, I have written a korn shell script to shutdown my documentum docbase server and to restart it automatically on a weekly basis. My script is, When i execute this script manually, i was able to execute it successfully without any issues. I have scheduled this script in cronjob... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sheethal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

General Q: how to run/schedule a php script from cron jobs maybe via bash from shell?

Status quo is, within a web application, which is coded completely in php (not by me, I dont know php), I have to fill out several fields, and execute it manually by clicking the "go" button in my browser, several times a day. Thats because: The script itself pulls data (textfiles) from a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lowmaster
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to get hung jobs in cron service.

Hi I want to have a list of hung jobs in crontab . e.g The below output gives a list of hung jobs including the running one. " USER1] ps -ef | grep 22345 root 22345 1 0 Nov 10 ? 0:09 /usr/sbin/cron user2 1061 22345 0 Nov 11 ? 0:00 sh -c /u01/user2s/b7111/movecsv.ksh oracle 20456 29535... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdul bari
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Cron jobs and at jobs

There are two jobs in Solaris , Cron and at jobs.. I know how to disable or enable cron jobs. How can I enable at jobs and disable it. Kindly help. Rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to schedule jobs

Dear all, I have to create a shell script which will run the job during weekday/weekend in following manner: - There are 3 jobs JB_1 JB_2 JB_3 These jobs changes its flag to "COMPLETED" in below 2 ways 1. These 3 jobs which runs after the completion of previous one i.e JB_1 runs and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prajaktaraut
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Cron jobs

I'm running cronjobs on a redhat 5.X. Cronjobs are getting failed frequently so how to find the root cause (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik9358
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling multiple jobs from single shell script

Hi all, I have developed a shell script where I am executing datastage jobs.This script will be further placed in enterprise scheduler to trigger it at particulat time. I have around 300 jobs , I am passing jobnames to script as a paramere. So is it possible I can trigger all jobs from one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies
strclean(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      strclean(1M)

NAME
strclean - STREAMS error logger cleanup program SYNOPSIS
strclean [-a age] [-d logdir] DESCRIPTION
strclean is used to clean up the STREAMS error logger directory on a regular basis (for example, by using cron. By default, all files with names matching error.* in /var/adm/streams that have not been modified in the last three days are removed. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a age The maximum age in days for a log file can be changed using the -a option. -d logdir A directory other than /var/adm/streams can be specified using the -d option. EXAMPLES
Example 1 A sample of using the strclean command. This example has the same result as running strclean with no arguments: example% strclean -d /var/adm/streams -a 3 FILES
/var/adm/streams/error.* ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cron(1M), strerr(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
strclean is typically run from cron on a daily or weekly basis. SunOS 5.11 14 Sep 1992 strclean(1M)