Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a REGEX to increment the file number of a pdf file Post 302787139 by DGPickett on Thursday 28th of March 2013 05:24:54 PM
Old 03-28-2013
Well, not regex, just programming in script. I assume the files are in two subtrees or have some name change, and there is a way you want them ordered, so we know who wins on collision? You could name them with temporary fractions with a decimal point and then list them, number them and rename them if they are not name right, starting from the top pulling them up, so there are no collisions.

Last edited by DGPickett; 03-28-2013 at 07:11 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting .ps file to .pdf file from where it is broken

In my folder Testing I have 5 files. 1.ps 2.ps 3.ps 4.ps 5.ps Now When I am converting this .ps file to .pdf file then it is broken at the 2.ps file. And I created one status.txt file where this broken file 2.ps is stored. Now How shell I start to convert .ps file to .pdf file from... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunitachoudhury
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get number of pages in a PDF file

Hello, Can anyone please help me providing script to get the number of pages in a PDF file? TIA Prvn (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text file + image/form/overlay file to PDF

Hi, We have an app specific legacy environment running SCO Openserver 5.0.7. I need to be able to (1) scan a pre-existing “form” consisting of logo/boxes/lines/static text as an image , (2) lay a print file from the app "on top of the image" and (3) output the "merge" as a PDF file. Scanning... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 65bit
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Convert csv file into pdf file from putty

Hi, My requirement is that i have to convenrt a csv file inyo a pdf file . So is there any command which will do that ??? thanks Sambuddha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambuddha
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read regex from ID file, print regex and line below from source file

I have a file of protein sequences with headers (my source file). Based on a list of IDs (which are included in some of the headers), I'd like to print out only the specified sequences, with only the ID as header. In other words, I'd like to search source.txt for the terms in IDs.txt, and print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to increment number in data file

Hello, I have an Excel spreadsheet with the following data: Refntns3_1 char 30 Ref H77 nt codon 1 Reference H77 Nucleotide Codon 1 -- Codns3_1 char 30 Obs Nucleotides codon 1 Observed Nucleotides Codon 1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deneuve01
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Increment value in text file

Hi Guys, I am new to shell programing, I have a csv file which has 50k records and I have got the requirement to increment the value in second column after each 5000 records. for example below A,B,C,D //Header 1,1,London,UK 1,1,Manchester,UK 1,1,Glasgow,UK . . . 1,1,Newyork,USA... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizzu1555
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Dynamically Extract file content based on Parameters from a pdf file

Hi Guru's, I am new to shell scripting. I have a unique requirement: The system generates a single pdf(/tmp/ABC.pdf) file with Invoices for Multiple Customers, the format is something like this: Page1 >> Customer 1 >>Invoice1 + invoice 2 >> Page1 end Page2 >> Customer 2 >>Invoice 3 + Invoice 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DIps
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert excel file to PDF file using shell script

Hi All, Is it possible to convert the excel file to PDF file(Without loosing any format) using unix shell scripting ??? If yes Kindly help me on the code Thanks in advance!!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a text file and a pdf file from Linux command results.

Hello. The task : Using multiple commands like : gdisk -l $SOME_DISK >> $SOME_FILEI generate some text file. For readiness I must insert page break. When the program is finished I want to convert the final text file to a pdf file. When finished, I got two files : One text file and One pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
pdfseparate(1)						      General Commands Manual						    pdfseparate(1)

NAME
pdfseparate - Portable Document Format (PDF) page extractor SYNOPSIS
pdfseparate [options] PDF-file PDF-page-pattern DESCRIPTION
pdfseparate extract single pages from a Portable Document Format (PDF). pdfseparate reads the PDF file PDF-file, extracts one or more pages, and writes one PDF file for each page to PDF-page-pattern, PDF-page- pattern should contain %d. %d is replaced by the page number. The PDF-file should not be encrypted. OPTIONS
-f number Specifies the first page to extract. If -f is omitted, extraction starts with page 1. -l number Specifies the last page to extract. If -l is omitted, extraction ends with the last page. -v Print copyright and version information. -h Print usage information. (-help and --help are equivalent.) EXAMPLE
pdfseparate sample.pdf sample-%d.pdf extracts all pages from sample.pdf, if i.e. sample.pdf has 3 pages, it produces sample-1.pdf, sample-2.pdf, sample-3.pdf AUTHOR
The pdfseparate software and documentation are copyright 1996-2004 Glyph & Cog, LLC and copyright 2005-2011 The Poppler Developers - http://poppler.freedesktop.org SEE ALSO
pdfunite(1), 15 September 2011 pdfseparate(1)