Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding AIX user accounts expired or locked Post 302787071 by Daniel Gate on Thursday 28th of March 2013 03:47:46 PM
Old 03-28-2013
Finding AIX user accounts expired or locked

// AIX 6.1

In need of finding which AIX user accounts will be expired and are
locked.

I have placed the following parameters under /etc/security/user

PHP Code:
        maxage 12                                                     
        maxexpired 
        pwdwarntime 
        loginretries 
        histsize 

Is there a way to check them out so that I can take proactive actions?

Please advise.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

creating user accounts in AIX

Hello all: I am new to UNIX and I am given the responsibility of administering a UNIX machine recently. The system is a IBM AIX 3.1. As a part of my duties I recently created some user accounts using "smit". It looked as if everything went well. But, after creating the account, I logged into... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdepa
3 Replies

2. AIX

AIX Non Expired Password

Hi, I am into production support and handling some of the AIX servers. We are planning to have a user id on a AIX system with non-expired password. Now the question is that if I have a non expired password then I cannot do a interactive login to AIX machine ( i:e cannot do Telnet ,SSH etc)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siddhhuu
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list of active and locked OS accounts

Hello all I'm trying to generate a list of active and locked accounts at the end of every month...How would I know which account is active and which is locked or diabled ...I was looking at the /etc/passwd file but I was not sure how to differentiate between an active account and a locked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
4 Replies

4. Solaris

need script for locked and unused user accounts in /export/home directory

Hi all, i have to need one script: 1. it will capture the unused user accounts in /export/home directory. 2. it will capture the locked user accounts in /export/home directory. Note: locked accounts will show in /etc/passwd like /bin/false --> (instead of ksh it will show false) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna176
1 Replies

5. Solaris

user expired

dear all iam trying to make user expire and it not suceeded with me iam trying useradd -e and it not succeeded (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX users got expired !

Guy's .. I have faced an issue in AIX server, users got expired without asking me about the expiration and did not asking me to change the old password moreover will not accept my login with old password any more until reset the ID with new password Pls assist in this to how configure the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding user accounts not accessed for a specific number of days

Hi all, Recently I came across a challenge of finding the user accounts lying around on servers and not being used so much. Our client has hundreds of AIX, RedHat, and Solaris servers. For AIX, I have made a script which uses lsuser and a little bit of sed and awk to show the user accounts... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: admin_xor
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root

I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root user about the accounts. How can i achieve this in Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
1 Replies
GRAB-ACCOUNT(8) 						 chiark utilities						   GRAB-ACCOUNT(8)

NAME
grab-account - add new account synchronised to remote system SYNOPSIS
grab-account local-user source [remote-user] DESCRIPTION
grab-account reconfigures sync-accounts to start synchronising a specified local user (which may not yet exist) from a specified remote system, and then invokes sync-accounts once to synchronise from that source. /etc/sync-accounts/createuser should contain a addhere line in the appropriate source section (ie, after host source). grab-account adds a user local-user [remote=remote-user] directive just before addhere and runs sync-accounts source. EXIT STATUS
0 All went well. any other There were problems. FILES
/etc/sync-accounts; See also sync-accounts(8). ENVIRONMENT
See sync-accounts(8). BUGS
There is no locking of /etc/sync-accounts so do not invoke grab-account from a script, or more than once at a time by hand. Do not edit /etc/sync-accounts by hand and also simultaneously run grab-account. The mechanism involving addhere is suboptimal. This should be done with an include feature in sync-accounts, so that grab-account does not have to edit a configuration file that really belongs to the sysadmin. AUTHOR
grab-account and this manpage are part of the sync-accounts package which was written by Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk>. They are Copyright 1999-2000,2002 Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk>, and Copyright 2000-2001 nCipher Corporation Ltd. The sync-accounts package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3, or (at your option) any later version. This is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, consult the Free Software Foundation's website at www.fsf.org, or the GNU Project website at www.gnu.org. SEE ALSO
sync-accounts(8), sync-accounts(5), passwd(5) Greenend 14th July 2002 GRAB-ACCOUNT(8)