Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Play sound
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Play sound Post 302786781 by sreejithalokkan on Thursday 28th of March 2013 07:20:52 AM
Old 03-28-2013
Play sound

hi
i want to produce digit sounds.for ex: if my input text is four five six then code should able to
produce sounds corresponding to digits which are stored in some directory as four.wav,five.wav etc.Please help me

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

play cd? how?

hi all, How do I set up my cdrom to play some regular audio cd (not cd-r or cd-rw). I know that my cdrom has been mounted as it does pop up the file manager if I put in, e.g., the office52 cd. Thanks in advance. Andre (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrec
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need something new to play with

I posted this question in the dummies forums, but I would like to get a more expert opinion... I am looking for a new OS to play with. I have a celron 450 running slackware linux, a powermac G4 450 running Mac OS X (Which by the way has 81 days of uptime as of this moment), a PowerBook G3 running... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dewhite04
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How Can I Play A Cd On Unix

HI I AM A FRESH NEW USER ...I MEAN I JUST GOT A COMPUTER ALMOST FOR FREE AND IT RUNS UNIX WHICH I DIDN'T EXPECT AND DONT KNOW HOW TO WORK ON IT I THOUGHT IT'LL BE WITH WINDOWS ..YOU KNOW SO HOW DO I PLAY A CD IN IT. REMEMBER I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT UNIX , BUT I THINK I'LL GET OVER IT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IMOTEB
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

play

dear friends, i have linux system . can i play songs in linux system. like winamp player in windows. let me know. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
2 Replies

5. Linux

how can i play the gam

can some1 tell me how to start playing? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123456
2 Replies

6. Linux

Can not play sound in Linux RHEL5.

Hi All, Recently I installed Linux RHEL5 on my machine. It seems that I can not play sound on RHEL5. I have real player installed along with RHEL5 but, when I try to play any song, the error message comes up saying "Can not open the audio device.Another application may be using it." Does any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gydave
2 Replies

7. Slackware

Can't play sound files with aplay or cat to /dev/dsp

I am having problems using soundes. Until a few moments ago the following commands produced errors and no sound: cat /usr/share/apps/kolf/sounds/blackhole.wav/ > /dev/dsp yielded: /dev/dsp: Invalid argument cat /usr/share/apps/kolf/sounds/blackhole.wav > /dev/audio yelded: /dev/audio:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making a play-list

approximately the same question as the last time, but unfortunately I didn't get a working answer. I made a script with bash and gtkdialog that create a play-list. The output is for example : gtk-media-pause | CB60471-05 - Gilbert, Brantley - Country Must Be Country Wide.zip | 28897 |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkfloris
3 Replies
SONIC(1)						      General Commands Manual							  SONIC(1)

NAME
sonic - Speech speed manipulator SYNOPSIS
sonic [OPTION]... inFile outFile DESCRIPTION
Sonic is used to make wav files of speech faster or slower. The primary advance in sonic is the ability to speed speech up by much more than 2X, with minimal distortion. However, sonic can be used for both speeding up and slowing down speech files. Additionally, sonic can change the pitch and volume. OPTIONS
-c Modify pitch by emulating vocal chords vibrating faster or slower. This causes more distortion than the default pitch scaling, but sounds more like the same person trying to talk higher or lower. The default pitch changes makes the voice sound like a larger or smaller person, but introduces little distortion. -p pitch Set pitch scaling factor. 1.3 means 30%% higher. -q Disable all speed-up heuristics, possibly improving the quality slightly. This is mainly used for debugging the speed-up heuris- tics. -r rate Adjust the speed of playback. This sales both the pitch and speed equally. -s speed Set speed up factor. 1.0 means no change, 2.0 means 2X faster. -v scaleFactor Scale volume by scaleFactor. 1.5 increases by 50%. Clips if the maximum range is exceeded. EXAMPLES
sonic -s 3.2 book.wav book_fast.wav The above command would increase the speed of an audio book called book.wav by a factor of 3.2, and write the result in book_fast.wav. sonic -s 0.5 -v 1.5 spanish.wav spanish_slow.wav This would slow down the file spanish.wav by a factor of 2, make the volume 50% louder, and write the result to spanish_slow.wav. sonic -p 2.0 low.wav high.wav This would make a low voice sound very high pitched. AUTHOR
Bill Cox waywardgeek@gmail.com Sonic Version 0.1, Copyright 2010, Bill Cox, GPL license SONIC(1)