Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Commenting out a cron entry through a shell script Post 302786519 by Soham on Wednesday 27th of March 2013 04:06:44 PM
Old 03-27-2013
Thanks. But my variable contains value 24 11 * * * /usr/batch/bin/abc.sh > /usr/batch/log/abc.log 2>&1

i.e. line="24 11 * * * /usr/batch/bin/abc.sh > /usr/batch/log/abc.log 2>&1"

And I have to use line in the command.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab entry modification using shell script

hi Friends, iam trying to write a script which will grep the particular entry in crontab of root and enable/disable it .iam a novice in scripting. your suggestions are most welcome..please help Cheers!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: munishdh
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

capture shell output in cron entry

Hey all, I'm running scripts from cron and I want to capture the output from the 1 file handle. Ex. * * * * * /test.sh 1>test.log. I also want to append a formatted date to the file. * * * * /test.sh 1>test.log_date +%m%d%y but I keep keep getting the output as if I had just added the date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve72
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to edit file and delete entry

Can anyone provide me a shell script to edit a xml file and delete one entry. To do manually i can edit(vi editor) the file and 'dd' will delete the file.But I wiluld to know if I can do with a script. Thanks in advance Tannu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tannu
6 Replies

4. Solaris

User entry in both cron.allow and cron.deny

Hello All, Anybody please help me to know ,what happens when a user having entry in both cron.allow and cron.deny files.Wheather the user will be able to access the crontab??? Thanks in advance Vaisakh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksvaisakh
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting lines in Shell script

Hi All, I know we can comment by using "#" .... I want to know... is there any way to comment a whole big script easily.... In a file i need to comment more than 15 lines ........ and check the script and un comment back. I am learning VI now so its taking lot of time to comment and un... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: firestar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to update an entry of another file in a Shell script?

Hi all, Say I have a shell script called update_password.sh - in this script I want to perform a task to update a specified entry of another file (e.g. users.passpords) update_password.sh #!/bin/bash -e PW_FILE_DIR="${A_DIR}/.../..." PW_FILE="users.passwords" I want to update the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isaacniu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting Multiple lines using Shell Script

I have an xml file which has following code : <abc-ref> <abc-name>abc.efg.hij.klm</abc-name> </abc-ref> I want to comment this whole section out and I have written the following script : (where "hij" is unique string in the file) TEMPFILE=replaceYY.tmp file=hello.xml sed -n... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dish
6 Replies

8. AIX

Commands to call script work from command line but not from Cron entry

My first post evidently did not materialize so I posted it again: Runnning a cron job every 5 mins to send data files to a state facility. My original cron entry at worked fine: 01,06,11,16,21,26,31,36,41,46,51,56 * * * * /home/sftpuser/stateinoc-from-appname.ksh Somewhere I have a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Skyybugg
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find if any new entry in directory

I require a shell script to find if any new entry of dump files present in a particular directory and to send an email if any new entry exists.I had a crontab to run the script for every 5 min. Below are the file names.dump.20150327.152407.12058630.0002.phd.gz... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cron entry to pass the value to script

0 I have a script(main.sh) which calls another script(Get_Files.sh) and gets a value in a variable like the below: File_to_Refresh="$(sh /Aug/work/Get_Files.sh /Aug/Work/Universal_File.txt)" Now I have to schedule the script main.sh for 3 different files i.e. the Universal_File.txt with 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhartiya007
2 Replies
ECACCESS-QUEUE-LIST(1p) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   ECACCESS-QUEUE-LIST(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-queue-list - List available queues SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-queue-list -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-queue-list [-debug] [queue-name] DESCRIPTION
Two different types of queues are in use with ECaccess: 1 - The ECaccess batch queues, which correspond to one system at ECMWF with its specific batch environment, e.g. ecgate will be the ECaccess queue, which will redirect jobs to ecgate at ECMWF, running LoadLeveler. This ECaccess queue will be given as argument when submitting a batch job. 2 - The batch queues (or classes) on the systems at ECMWF will be given in the batch job with #@ class = for LoadLeveler. The names of the ECaccess queues and associated batch queues at ECMWF can be seen with this command. When an ECaccess queue-name is specified then the details for this queue are displayed (including the list of classes). The first ECaccess batch queue in the list is the default queue when submitting a batch job with the ecaccess-job-submit command. ARGUMENTS
queue-name (optional) The name of the ECaccess queue to retrieve the details. OPTIONS
-version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-queue-list List all the ECaccess batch queues (or systems supporting job submission at ECMWF). ecaccess-queue-list ecgate List all the batch queues (or classes) on the ECMWF system ecgate. SEE ALSO
ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-QUEUE-LIST(1p)