Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Regular Exprasions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Regular Exprasions Post 302786481 by CarloM on Wednesday 27th of March 2013 02:03:20 PM
Old 03-27-2013
Any single character.

See Shell Command Language (and note that find uses pattern matching notation, not regular expressions as such).
This User Gave Thanks to CarloM For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression

Hello All! I have a file thats something like this: ( a grep output) /path/of/file/filename.abc.xyz.pqr:! Commented text /path/of/file/filename.abc.xyz: ! More Commented text I need to grep out those line from this file whose filename has ".abc" in the filename (anywhere in filename)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ag79
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular expressions

how to find for a file whose name has all characters in uppercase after 'project'? I tried this: find . -name 'project**.pdf' ./projectABC.pdf ./projectABC123.pdf I want only ./projectABC.pdf What is the regular expression that correponds to "all characters are capital"? thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
8 Replies

3. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression [^ ]

Hi, Could anybody explain why will evaluate to true for a string that is not null, not empty string, and has at least one non-space char? My understanding is that ^ means exclude all chars inside . So I thought it should mean anything except space. This seems a big mystery to me. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iengca
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

vi Regular Expression help - can this be done?

Good day! I'll say right away that I'm not good at regular expressions. I'm very much so still learning them and I wasn't sure if this was technically an emergency to post in the emergency forum. I have a task at work here that requires me to insert a string after matching another string... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jtollefson
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression.

can someone let me know what this means in english. \(abcd\) \ is an escape key right? Thanks Also im getting confused with something like it does this mean any single character? and this would be 2 characters ? Just let me know if im on the right track. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: syco__
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression

I have a flat tab delimited file of the following format 1 A:23 A:45 A:789 2 A:2 A:47 3 A:78 A:345 A:9 A:10 4 A:34 A:98 I want to modify the file to the following format with insertions of "//" in between 1 A:23 // A:45 // A:789 2 A:2 // A:47 3 A:78 // A:345 // A:9 // A:10 4 A:34... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in regular expression

<ATTR name="ABCDEFGH" value=""/> <ATTR name="HJYR" value=""/> what would be the regular expression to match both the above strings... Always end with value=""/> always start with <ATTR name=" the ATTR name can be anything.. I need to use this with match() in awk. Thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression

Could anyone of you please guide me on making correct regular expression to match the exact word or character I have some numbers like 12345780 extn 1234 1234567 x 43545 13245678 Extn 454857 if * ]]; then VAR3=`echo "$NUMBER" | nawk -F "*" '{print $1 $2}'` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
4 Replies

10. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies
uri_urn(n)					    Tcl Uniform Resource Identifier Management						uri_urn(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
uri_urn - URI utilities, URN scheme SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require uri::urn ?1.1.2? uri::urn::quote url uri::urn::unquote url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides two commands to quote and unquote the disallowed characters for url using the urn scheme, registers the scheme with the package uri, and provides internal helpers which will be automatically used by the commands uri::split and uri::join of package uri to handle urls using the urn scheme. COMMANDS
uri::urn::quote url This command quotes the characters disallowed by the urn scheme (per RFC 2141 sec2.2) in the url and returns the modified url as its result. uri::urn::unquote url This commands performs the reverse of ::uri::urn::quote. It takes an urn url, removes the quoting from all disallowed characters, and returns the modified urls as its result. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category uri of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
rfc 2141, uri, url, urn CATEGORY
Networking uri 1.1.2 uri_urn(n)