Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change time winter=>summer
Operating Systems AIX Change time winter=>summer Post 302786445 by MichaelFelt on Wednesday 27th of March 2013 12:39:18 PM
Old 03-27-2013
The time on your system has never changed (that is an internal number).
To see how it looks to new users either login again, or type
Code:
$ date

• modify TZ variable using set - or edit /etc/environment. If you edit /etc/environment, then
Code:
. /etc/environment
$ date

The last command gives the new presentation. Do not use the date command to change the time itself, just use the TZ variable to change the presentation of time of day.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time change not working...

Hi, I am pretty new to the Solaris world. Just installed the version 8 and found that the time is off. I am in the Central time zone. In the beginning, the date and time was off by a day. After changing the /etc/default/init, there is no avail. The date is now correct but the time is still 5 hours... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: conflansun
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Winter/Summer time change

Reliant Unix. Our branch in Syria has a Unix Server running our company application. Usually the the time is changed not in a fixed date.....but around end of October and beginning of November. The night of the summer winter time change last year...we put the server in singel user mode, then... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcheaib
0 Replies

3. Linux

How To change time?

what command must i use to change time ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sirius
4 Replies

4. AIX

summer Time

Good Morning I want to know how I can Abort tha automaticaly date change from summer to winter time ( At the the last sunday of march the date change) Please it is very urgent (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mktahar
0 Replies

5. Solaris

change time

The time of our Solaris server now is slowly more 20 seconds. How can we change it ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anhtt
3 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

another whats on my mind!!! - winter waves

for anyone who surfs the northeast: why can't we have more frequent wave forming winds (bigger low pressure systems) in the summer?! i'm tired of putting on 100lbs of wet suit and surfing awesome waves. i'd rather put on no wet suit and surf awesome waves. :) damn the bermuda high!! anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pupp
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX TIME CHANGE

Hi Guys , I see a weird problem with one of the AIX Machine, The time is changing randomly on the server. The seconds part of the time is what is the problem which is jumping on a uneven order and coming back to the original state after some time and again the same.. I have collected the time... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
8 Replies

8. Debian

change time

Hi all, I want change the time settings from EST to IST by using command line in Debian os. but it is not taken. Can any body show me the how to change the time settings by using command line. Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mastansaheb
1 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)