Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Changing the variable using awk? Post 302786435 by emily on Wednesday 27th of March 2013 12:13:55 PM
Old 03-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarloM
Something like:
Code:
sed -i "s#/tt/#/${GREP[1]}/#g' script.sh

(if your sed doesn't support -i you could use a temporary file)
SmilieSmilie

Thank
emily

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

IFS changing the variable value

Hi, I have a while read loop that reads files in a directory and process. The files have spaces in between, so I have the IFS=\n to to read the whole line as one file name. The read works fine but I have a problem with another variable that I set in the beginning of the script. The variable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pvar
1 Replies

2. AIX

rerun .profile after changing variable

I changed a $variable in my .profile (AIX unix). I know I could exit out and logon onto unix again, but how do I rerun the .profile at the command line? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sboxtops
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk script, changing the FS for a single variable

Hi all, im new to awk and would apreciate if you could tell me how to do this, i have a file with several entries like this: 2008-09-09 21:57:45 44 403 CUSTOM_EVENT Upgrade - end1 2008-09-09 21:57:46 45 403 CUSTOM_EVENT Component Check - start... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing a variable Question

I have a variable: $FILENAME = /XXXX/XXXX/XXXX/file.dat I want to set another variable that will give me this: $FILENAME2=filea.dat So basically i'm chopping up variable $FILENAME. Not sure cut will do this as i'm looking at different directories so the characther length may be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing a shell template variable

I'm trying to use a custom command in the configServer loadalert.txt file. the problem is that any command that I place inside the square brackets is simply not working. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. -------------- Content-Type: text/plain; Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshazad
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing variable name in for loop

Hi All please help if possible. I am a Unix novice. I have a similar question to the one posted by yonderboy at about a year ago. However his solution does not work for me. The pseudo code for my problem is as follows: for fund in 1 2 3 4 if (FTP is successfully) then FILE_SENT_fund... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seether
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing a global variable to agrv

Hi Guys, I am dealing with some perl scripts written by someone else. There are alot of global variables set at the top of the scripts, which needs to be edited for different users who run the scripts. I am tring to change them so these variables can be set as arguments when running it from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: da2013
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting input and changing variable?

Hi I am new to scripting and have a function in my .sh script file that outputs a html radio button form weather_forecast_config() { echo "" echo "<html><head><title>Welcome</title></head>" echo "<body>" echo "<h2>Weather Forecast - Change City</h2>" echo "<form name="input"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptnewbie
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Path Variable

Blank Blank Blank (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvibien
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamically changing environment variable

Linux Redhat, BASH Shell. I want to put this in my .bash_profile I have log files that go to directory paths based in part on other variables such as went DB Name is set in memory. So if the DB Name changes the path to the log file changes. How do I create an environment variable I put into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
6 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)