Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Serial file transfer protocol / checksums Post 302786395 by DGPickett on Wednesday 27th of March 2013 11:12:54 AM
Old 03-27-2013
Yes, the original tty was current loop, so send data and receive data are enough. Additional signalling is by break and long break, which are big zero's, as the line is left marking at the one level = current flowing. The 20 ma off hook current of the common POTS telephone is a tty relic!

Polarization is never an issue for ttl or rs232! RS232 +3-15 is zero, -3-15 is one. The idle data line marks at a one just like a long stop bit.

Parity costs 12.5%, is weak, so it need some checksum, but checksum can be sufficient alone. I think you said the cksum cost is 4/1024 or 1/256 or <.4%, so it's a winner, never mind the hassles of making 8 bit load data from a 7 bit payload.

So, it seems to be in the message layer. When you run good cases, does the checksum or anything change on duplicate runs? Is the checksum recognizable, some simple end around shift and half add? Some checksums shift more, some do not end around but when the upper byte is loaded makes some adjustment to prevent overflow on the next shift and half add (or add), like subtracting a right shifted version of the current sum from the sum.

Who manufactures the set top boxes? Do we have model numbers?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

File transfer using Zmodem protocol

can anybody guide me how do i initiate file transfer over modem using zmodem protocol... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: borntorock
0 Replies

2. SCO

Serial File Transfer

I need to transfer files from a sco/unix system to a windows xp system and they are only connected via a digiboard serial connection. The terminal emulation software connects and runs a program but I need to transfer files. Anyone know a good solution? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chansen
2 Replies

3. Programming

how i can transfer and receive file in any format over serial port

helo i m using fedora core 6 o.s. i want to develop application using c,c++ which transfer file in any format(like pdf,txt,doc etc) over the serial port and i want to receive the same file from the serial port please guide me. amit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Secure File Transfer Protocol

Hi, Is there any protocol other than SFTP to transfer the file using secured connection SSH. ? Regards, Arthik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arthikbabu
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

SFTP Protocol: How to transfer the file in PC Format

Hi, We are facing issue with files transfered using SFTP in Hp-UX. The transfered files are in Unix Format. That is, file format as UNIX (LF) instead of a PC format (CR & LF). How can we achieve file transfers as PC format using SFTP? Your help and input will be highly appreciated. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brap45
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i transfer file using ftp protocol in Linux.

Hi , I want to transfer file using ftp protocol . I m using following linux distribution. LSB Version: :core-3.1-ia32:core-3.1-noarch:graphics-3.1-ia32:graphics-3.1-noarch Distributor ID: OracleVMserver Description: Oracle VM server release 2.2.0 Release: 2.2.0 Codename: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
5 Replies

7. SCO

Need some advice concerning file transfer with a serial connection

Hi, I have a SCO Unix ver 5.0.7 from which I need to get some files. The problem is that I'm working remotely (have no physical access) and using Dejawin because this server is only has a serial connection to a Windows machine. Ucopy isn't on the server. What I was thinking is to do a print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: spartanboy184
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Transfer files from windows to solaris with winscp (file protocol:SFTP)

Hello, I have a couple of zip files to be copied from my local drive to a folder in solaris10 residing in a VM ware. i am using WINSCP, I tried to get hold of the solaris hostname or ip using ifconfig -a , hostname|nslookup etc. when i create a new session in WINSCP using that IP and port... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: herbich1985
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

file transfer using AWK over serial port

I have a unix system that only has AWK to program with which hooks up to a windows or linux based system with all progamming and software capabilities. The link between the systems is typically a 9600 baud TTY port on the AWK system and COM1 on the other system. I can cat <filenm> from the unix... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobfrog
4 Replies
shishi_authenticator_set_cksum(3)				      shishi					 shishi_authenticator_set_cksum(3)

NAME
shishi_authenticator_set_cksum - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <shishi.h> int shishi_authenticator_set_cksum(Shishi * handle, Shishi_asn1 authenticator, int32_t cksumtype, char * cksum, size_t cksumlen); ARGUMENTS
Shishi * handle shishi handle as allocated by shishi_init(). Shishi_asn1 authenticator authenticator as allocated by shishi_authenticator(). int32_t cksumtype input checksum type to store in authenticator. char * cksum input checksum data to store in authenticator. size_t cksumlen size of input checksum data to store in authenticator. DESCRIPTION
Store checksum value in authenticator. A checksum is usually created by calling shishi_checksum() on some application specific data using the key from the ticket that is being used. To save time, you may want to use shishi_authenticator_add_cksum() instead, which calculates the checksum and calls this function in one step. RETURN VALUE
Returns SHISHI_OK iff successful. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-shishi@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for shishi is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and shishi programs are properly installed at your site, the command info shishi should give you access to the complete manual. shishi 1.0.1 shishi_authenticator_set_cksum(3)