Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unicode String Issue
Top Forums Programming Unicode String Issue Post 302786327 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 27th of March 2013 08:42:53 AM
Old 03-27-2013
gdb works at a low level. It does not use locale to "see" unicode, it sees ASCII. \004 or \nnn is an octal number.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting string to unicode

How can I can convert a string in a shell script that looks something like: ]] to unicode equivalent? thanks a lot, webtekie (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: webtekie
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to make static unicode string?

In Windows, wchar_t *pStr = L"Hello"; works, but I can't find the equivalent to Unix system. How can I make static stack-memory-based wide character string in C in Unix? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sledge76
1 Replies

3. Programming

How to display unicode characters / unicode string

I have a stream of characters like "\u8BBE\u5907\u7BA1" and i want to display it. I tried following things already without any luck. 1) printf("%s",L("\u8BBE\u5907\u7BA1")); 2) printf("%lc",0x8BBE); 3) setlocale followed by fwide followed by wprintf 4) also changed the local manually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackdorso
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

string manipulation issue

I have myMethod that gives me available,used,free disk space in KB. I parse the used disk space using awk. That gives me something like 830,016. I want the output to be 830016 so that I can add 100000 to it. In other words I would like to use used_space variable in numeric calculations (using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: illcar
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with String Comparison (if)

Hi, I was trying to do a string comparison using if. However, the comparison result is getting treated as a executable statement. I'm not sure where I'm making the mistake! $ typeset TEST_VAR='YUP' $ if ; then echo 'Got It!'; fi; ksh: : not found. Any help is appreciated! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterdrop
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't install Unicode::String due to String.so not found

CPAN.pm: Going to build G/GA/GAAS/Unicode-String-2.09.tar.gz Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Writing Makefile for Unicode::String cp String.pm blib/lib/Unicode/String.pm cp lib/Unicode/CharName.pm blib/lib/Unicode/CharName.pm /usr/bin/perl /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/ExtUtils/xsubpp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the string issue

Hi, i ran following bdf command and found below out with space uses. prd@prd02/usr/apps/cti>bdf | grep /usr/apps /dev/vg01/lvol6 17379328 9873783 7036696 58% /usr/apps /dev/vg01/SYBASE 1228800 978631 234597 81% /usr/apps/sybase 2150400 1108516 976776 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Real UNICODE back to string

I'm looking for proper NLS_LANG settings if I've a real UNICODE delimited string (Hex code points) , containing also multibyte characters and using a small java program which converts them back to local. i.e:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strolchFX
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String issue

Hi, Facing a strange problem with the string and also an issue related to trailing space. # cat test.sh #! /bin/sh typeset -a arr read_params() { #while read line until do if ; then var="${1%%=*}" for key in ${1//,/ } do ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue Spliting String in Python

I have a string like below Note: I have have a single to any number of comma "," seperated string assigned to jdbc_trgt variable. I need to split jdbc_trgt using comma(,) as the delimiter. I tried the below but it fails as i dont know how can i read each split string iterately. for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
QConstString(3qt)														 QConstString(3qt)

NAME
QConstString - String objects using constant Unicode data SYNOPSIS
All the functions in this class are reentrant when Qt is built with thread support.</p> #include <qstring.h> Public Members QConstString ( const QChar * unicode, uint length ) ~QConstString () const QString & string () const DESCRIPTION
The QConstString class provides string objects using constant Unicode data. In order to minimize copying, highly optimized applications can use QConstString to provide a QString-compatible object from existing Unicode data. It is then the programmer's responsibility to ensure that the Unicode data exists for the entire lifetime of the QConstString object. A QConstString is created with the QConstString constructor. The string held by the object can be obtained by calling string(). See also Text Related Classes. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QConstString::QConstString ( const QChar * unicode, uint length ) Constructs a QConstString that uses the first length Unicode characters in the array unicode. Any attempt to modify copies of the string will cause it to create a copy of the data, thus it remains forever unmodified. The data in unicode is not copied. The caller must be able to guarantee that unicode will not be deleted or modified. QConstString::~QConstString () Destroys the QConstString, creating a copy of the data if other strings are still using it. const QString &; QConstString::string () const Returns a constant string referencing the data passed during construction. SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qconststring.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2001 Trolltech AS, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qconststring.3qt) and the Qt version (3.1.1). Trolltech AS 9 December 2002 QConstString(3qt)