Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unicode String Issue
Top Forums Programming Unicode String Issue Post 302786327 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 27th of March 2013 08:42:53 AM
Old 03-27-2013
gdb works at a low level. It does not use locale to "see" unicode, it sees ASCII. \004 or \nnn is an octal number.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting string to unicode

How can I can convert a string in a shell script that looks something like: ]] to unicode equivalent? thanks a lot, webtekie (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: webtekie
1 Replies

2. Programming

How to make static unicode string?

In Windows, wchar_t *pStr = L"Hello"; works, but I can't find the equivalent to Unix system. How can I make static stack-memory-based wide character string in C in Unix? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sledge76
1 Replies

3. Programming

How to display unicode characters / unicode string

I have a stream of characters like "\u8BBE\u5907\u7BA1" and i want to display it. I tried following things already without any luck. 1) printf("%s",L("\u8BBE\u5907\u7BA1")); 2) printf("%lc",0x8BBE); 3) setlocale followed by fwide followed by wprintf 4) also changed the local manually... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackdorso
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

string manipulation issue

I have myMethod that gives me available,used,free disk space in KB. I parse the used disk space using awk. That gives me something like 830,016. I want the output to be 830016 so that I can add 100000 to it. In other words I would like to use used_space variable in numeric calculations (using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: illcar
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with String Comparison (if)

Hi, I was trying to do a string comparison using if. However, the comparison result is getting treated as a executable statement. I'm not sure where I'm making the mistake! $ typeset TEST_VAR='YUP' $ if ; then echo 'Got It!'; fi; ksh: : not found. Any help is appreciated! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterdrop
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't install Unicode::String due to String.so not found

CPAN.pm: Going to build G/GA/GAAS/Unicode-String-2.09.tar.gz Checking if your kit is complete... Looks good Writing Makefile for Unicode::String cp String.pm blib/lib/Unicode/String.pm cp lib/Unicode/CharName.pm blib/lib/Unicode/CharName.pm /usr/bin/perl /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/ExtUtils/xsubpp... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display the string issue

Hi, i ran following bdf command and found below out with space uses. prd@prd02/usr/apps/cti>bdf | grep /usr/apps /dev/vg01/lvol6 17379328 9873783 7036696 58% /usr/apps /dev/vg01/SYBASE 1228800 978631 234597 81% /usr/apps/sybase 2150400 1108516 976776 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Real UNICODE back to string

I'm looking for proper NLS_LANG settings if I've a real UNICODE delimited string (Hex code points) , containing also multibyte characters and using a small java program which converts them back to local. i.e:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strolchFX
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

String issue

Hi, Facing a strange problem with the string and also an issue related to trailing space. # cat test.sh #! /bin/sh typeset -a arr read_params() { #while read line until do if ; then var="${1%%=*}" for key in ${1//,/ } do ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue Spliting String in Python

I have a string like below Note: I have have a single to any number of comma "," seperated string assigned to jdbc_trgt variable. I need to split jdbc_trgt using comma(,) as the delimiter. I tried the below but it fails as i dont know how can i read each split string iterately. for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies
exunicod(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						 exunicod(3alleg4)

NAME
exunicod - Using Unicode string functions. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> Example exunicod DESCRIPTION
This program demonstrates the use of the 16-bit Unicode text encoding format with Allegro. The example displays a message translated to different languages scrolling on the screen using an external font containing the required characters to display those messages. Note how the Allegro unicode string functions resemble the functions you can find in the standard C library, only these handle Unicode on all platforms. SEE ALSO
BITMAP(3alleg4), DATAFILE(3alleg4), END_OF_MAIN(3alleg4), FONT(3alleg4), SCREEN_H(3alleg4), SCREEN_W(3alleg4), allegro_error(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4), allegro_message(3alleg4), blit(3alleg4), clear_to_color(3alleg4), create_bitmap(3alleg4), destroy_bitmap(3alleg4), font(3alleg4), install_int_ex(3alleg4), install_keyboard(3alleg4), install_timer(3alleg4), keypressed(3alleg4), load_datafile(3alleg4), replace_filename(3alleg4), rest(3alleg4), screen(3alleg4), set_gfx_mode(3alleg4), set_uformat(3alleg4), set_window_title(3alleg4), text_height(3alleg4), text_length(3alleg4), textout_ex(3alleg4), uconvert_ascii(3alleg4), unload_datafile(3alleg4), ustrcat(3alleg4), ustr- cpy(3alleg4), ustrsize(3alleg4), ustrsizez(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 exunicod(3alleg4)