Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Reading xml tags from ksh script Post 302786319 by kedar_laveti on Wednesday 27th of March 2013 08:34:16 AM
Old 03-27-2013
Reading xml tags from ksh script

Hi,

I have an XMl file, below is sample:
Code:
<TRANSFORMATION DESCRIPTION ="Created by:- " NAME ="LKP_FT_T_FILEK" OBJECTVERSION ="1" REUSABLE ="YES" TYPE ="Lookup Procedure" VERSIONNUMBER ="1">
</TRANSFORMATION>

I need to read the tag, and if the tag is TRANSORMATION, i want to check the Type and then the name.

The basic requirement is to check the naming standards

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading and searching xml element text in script

well i have this xml file here: this file is called filereader.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <file> <file1> <filecopy>thefile.txt</filecopy> <filecopy>thefile2.ppt</filecopy> </file1> </file> hi..i got this problem....hmm how do i write a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading and searching xml element text in script

well i have this xml file here: this file is called filereader.xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <file> <file1> <filecopy>/new/test/thefile.txt</filecopy> <filecopy>/new/test/thefile2.ppt</filecopy> </file1> </file> i need to write the script that search for the Bold text... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing and getting data from XML file using ksh script

Hi All, I have a xml file for example as described below <xml> <address> <street><street> <address/> <isbn>426728783932020308393930303</isbn> <book> <name> </name> </book> . . . </xml> My problem is to get the isbn number from the above described file using ksh script. Could... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinna
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading XML datas via Shell Script

Hi all, i have an xml file with this fomat(exactly) : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE TestSuite SYSTEM "../../CallCrt.dtd"> <TestSuite description="Diameter"> <FileReference FileName="DMI_FC01.xml"/> <!--<FileReference FileName="DMI_FC02.xml"/> -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freepal
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Script to Get the <TAG Values> from an XML file

Hi All, I am new to Unix I need a KSH script to get the values from XML file to write to a temp file. Like the requirement is from the below TAG <MAPPING DESCRIPTION ="Test Mapping" ISVALID ="YES" NAME ="m_test_xml" OBJECTVERSION ="1" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> I need the MAPPING DESCRIPTION... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perlamohan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading xml attributes with shell script

Hi, Iam new to shell scripting.I have below urgent requirement I want to read attributes (transaction,documentmode) in xml tag with shell scripting and create a filename with these attribues Xml : <PURCHASE_10 partner="food" version="1.50" timestamp="2009-03-10T09:56:55"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swetha123
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change values in Log4j.xml using ksh script

Hi, I am new to UNIX and shell scripting. I have to create a shell script(ksh) which parses log4j.xml file for a given webservice name and change the corresponding value from INFO to DEBUG or vice-versa. My log4j.xml looks like:- <!-- Appender WEBSERVICENAME--> <appender... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjeevcseng
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing number between xml tags with ksh shell script

Hallo, im basically a complete noob on shell scripting and im trying to replace or rather add 1 to a number between xml tags. The xml basically has a tag somewhere that looks like this: <tag>12345678901234</tag> Now i want to replace the number between the tags. And i want the file to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demoric
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)