Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Best Compression technique ?
Operating Systems Linux Best Compression technique ? Post 302785747 by drl on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 10:00:09 AM
Old 03-26-2013
Hi.

There are some benchmarks at Maximum Compression (lossless data compression software)

You'll probably need to poke around a bit amongst the different tables, and possibly look for a balance between speed and space.

Let us know what you choose -- best wishes ... cheers, drl

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Technique's???

Is there any better way of doing this? I only want to find a status of a diff, ie diff the file and return to me whether it is different or not or non-existant. This example works, however I think it could be less messier: workd=`pwd`;find $workd -name "*.sum" | while read line ; do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FORK/EXEC technique

Hi! Can someone explain me exactly this technique? Why a process (PARENT) creates a copy of itself with FORK (CHILD)? What's the reason of this behaviour? Sorry, but I cannot understand the logic behind it. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marshmallow
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid CR after compression

Hi all, I am having few files which needs to be concted into a single file and then it is compressed and FTPed from the UNIX server to the Windows server. For the above purpose i am using gzip command to compress the files after concetenation. And i am FTP ing the compressed file in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Codesearcher
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Best search technique

I have a snippet file with the shown below: data file 1 2 1 3 1 3 4 2 3 2 2 1 2 2 5 1 3 2 3 2 2 3 1 4 Actual file has approx 50 Millions such lines with bigger number (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chakrapani
9 Replies

5. AIX

Tape compression

Hello everyone I want to use compression in my tape when I backup some file. For example I have several files that use 50gb. If I backup this I need to use two cartridge because without compression I can backup 36gb. My question is with flag I need to use to compress and I can use 72gb in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder compression

Hi Guys, totally new to scripting. I have a huge list of foleders. I want to tar the contents of each folder inside the same folder and the name of the tar file is the same name as the folder. how would I go about this in scirpt? cheers Viper (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: brownviper1966
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

file compression

I'am looking for script (or tool) that would compress all files with given extension in all subdirectory. Important part is that every one file have to end in separate archive whit it's own name. Eaven if I could point multiple file in one directory and compress them it would be ok. I' am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Demerzel
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password Obscuring Technique

Hi, We have a unix shell script which tries login to database. The user name and password to connect to database is stored in a file connection.sql. Now connection.sql has contents def ora_user =&1 CONNECT A_PROXY/abc123@DEV01 When on UNIX server we connect to database and set spool on... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangadhar Reddy
7 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)