Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rename all files at a time
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Rename all files at a time Post 302785557 by hanson44 on Tuesday 26th of March 2013 01:26:30 AM
Old 03-26-2013
Maybe the following glitch?
Code:
rename 's/RTP/mmk' *.DEV1

vs

rename 's/RTP/mmk/' *.DEV1

Or maybe you just made an error when you copied and pasted?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to rename files?

:confused: How can i rename a file 'x.log' to 'x_20020512 072909.log' :eek: i'm using perl, with system command from a unix web server, and need to timestamp my logs if the above format (filename _ year month day hr min sec .log) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: CompuTelSystem
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files

Hi, I wanna rename bunch of files which has ":" to -. ie. rename file named file1:file1 to file1-file1. any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxaddict7
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename files Ax based on strings found in files Bx

Hi, I'm not very experienced in shell scripting and that's probably why I came across the following problem: I do have several hundred pairs of text files (PF00x.spl and PF00x.shd) where the first file (PF00x.spl) needs to be renamed according a string that is included in the second file... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: inCH
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename files

Hi, I am new to Unix and i have a requirement where i need to write a shell script where i have to loop through various files present in a directory and rename them based on below criteria. Files in the folder are in the following format. _YYYYMMDD.dat] SDL_V1_20100530.dat... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishoo
6 Replies

5. Linux

rename files in a folder with date&time stamp

Hi, I want to rename all the files (more than 100 files) in a fodler to another folder with date&time stamp. foe eg, file1.dat file2.dat file3.dat .. to be renamed as file1100629_16_30_15.txt (yy-mon-dd_hh_mi_ss) file1100629_16_30_16.txt .. so on (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroz
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

If(Condition) Rename a file with (Date+Time) Stamp

Hi! Please see our current script: #!/usr/bin/ksh if (egrep "This string is found in the log" /a01/bpm.log) then mailx -s "Error from log" me@email.com, him@email.com </a01/bpm.log fi To the above existing script, we need to add the following change: 1) After finding the string,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atechcorp
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need bash script to ping the servers and rename the output file each time the script is ran

HI, I have a file serverlist in that all host names are placed. i have written a small script #./testping #! /bin/bash for i in `cat serverlist` do ping $i >> output.txt done so now it creates a file output.txt till here fine.. now each time i run this script the output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhudeva
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to unzip files and Rename the Output-files

Hi all, I have a many folders with zipped files in them. The zipped files are txt files from different folders. The txt files have the same names. If i try to find . -type f -name "*.zip" -exec cp -R {} /myhome/ZIP \; it fails since the ZIP files from different folders have the same names and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmkenya
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to rename all files at a time by appending some characters at the begining?

Hi I have a list a filename in a directory starting with particular pattern for example: abc_1234.txt abc_7565.txt abc_7676.txt abc_7765.txt i need to rename all these files by appending bck. or bck_ Expected output: bck.abc_1234.txt bck.abc_7565.txt bck.abc_7676.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Little
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SBATCH trinity for multiple files and rename/move the output files

Hey guys, I have wrote the following script to apply a module named "trinity" on my files. (it takes two input files and spit a trinity.fasta as output) #!/bin/bash -l #SBATCH -p node #SBATCH -A <projectID> #SBATCH -n 16 #SBATCH -t 7-00:00:00 #SBATCH --mem=128GB #SBATCH --mail-type=ALL... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: @man
1 Replies
Net::SIP::DTMF(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				       Net::SIP::DTMF(3pm)

NAME
Net::SIP::DTMF - DTMF RTP packet generating and extracting SYNOPSIS
use Net::SIP::DTMF; my $sub = dtmf_generator( 11, # event '#' 100, # duration 100ms rfc2833_type => 101, # RTP type 101 for telephone-event/8000 # audio_type => 0, # RTP type 0 for PCMU/8000 ); while (...) { my @pkt = $sub->($sequence,$timestamp,$srcid); last if ! @pkt; # dtmf done next if $buf[0] eq ''; # more coming, but no data this time (pause) .. send @pkts ... } use Net::SIP::DTMF; my $sub = dtmf_extractor( rfc2833_type => 101, # RTP type 101 for telephone-event/8000 audio_type => 0, # RTP type 0 for PCMU/8000 ); while (...) { if ( my ($event,$duration,$type) = $sub->($packet)) { # event received ... } } DESCRIPTION
This package provides functions for generating RTP packets containing DTMF events or extracting DTMF events from RTP packets. FUNCTIONS
dtmf_generator ( EVENT, DURATION, %ARGS ) Generates a function which is used to generate packets for the given EVENT. EVENT is the event numer (0..15) or undef if it should just generate silence or pause. DURATION is the time for the event in ms. ARGS contain information how the event should be packed: either as RFC2833 RTP event or as RTP audio PCMU/8000. %ARGS can be rfc2833_type => rtp_type Gives the RTP payload type number for rfc2833 RTP events (telephone-event/8000). If not given will try audio_type instead. audio_type => rtp_type Gives the RTP payload type number for PCMU/8000. If not given and no rfc2833_type given it will croak. volume => volume Sets the volume for RTP event according to rfc2833. The generated function should then be called with SEQUENCE,TIMESTAMP,SRCID to generate the RTP packets and will return @RTP_PACKETS, with () - DTMF event is finished $RTP_PACKETS[0] eq '' - no RTP packet for this call (pause) @RTP_PACKETS - RTP packets which can be send to the peer dtmf_extractor ( %ARGS ) Generates a function which is used to extract DTMF events. Keys rfc2833_type and audio_type have the same meaning as in generate_dtmf. It will only attempt to extract DTMF events from rfc2833 RTP events or audio if the relevant rtp_type is given. The function will be called with the RTP packet as the only argument and will return () if no new events where found or (EVENT,DURATION,TYPE) if an event finished, where DURATION is the duration in ms and TYPE is audio|rfc2833. For performance reasons it is best to use only rfc2833 if the peer supports it. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-12 Net::SIP::DTMF(3pm)