Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl search multiple fields
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl search multiple fields Post 302785545 by balajesuri on Monday 25th of March 2013 11:44:01 PM
Old 03-26-2013
Are you looking at automating that webpage using perl? Or do you want to write a perl CGI script that displays the html and handles the form data?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Match a line with multiple search patterns

Hi I'm not very good with the serach patterns and I'd need a sample how to find a line that has multiple patterns. Say I want to find a line that has "abd", "123" and "QWERTY" and there can be any characters or numbers between the serach patterns, I have a file that has thousands of lines and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search for two fields

Hi all, I have a file with format as below: cat 0 animal 90 number90 cat_number_name cat 1 animal 91 number91 cat_animal_name cat 2 animal 92 number92 cat_name_animal kiwi 0 bird 90 number90 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - How to search a text file with multiple patterns?

Good day, great gurus, I'm new to Perl, and programming in general. I'm trying to retrieve a column of data from my text file which spans a non-specific number of lines. So I did a regexp that will pick out the columns. However,my pattern would vary. I tried using a foreach loop unsuccessfully.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sp3ck
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with search and replace in multiple fields

I have a pipe delimited file with 27 fields. Each record has 26 fields. I need to search for the 25,26,27 fields and replace "," with nothing. How can I acheive this. Sed is more preferred. e.g data row o/p (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
5 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Search fields

I routinely use the search field in the top right hand corner. When the results to a search are displayed, two new search input fields are shown at the top of the search results: google('this_site') google('the_world') Is there a reason for having 3 search input fields on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting Multiple fields on 1 line to multiple rows

I'm trying extract a number of filename fields from a log file and copy them out as separate rows in a text file so i can load them into a table. I'm able to get the filenames but the all appear on one line. I tried using the cut command with the -d (delimiter) option but cant seem to make it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sinbad-66
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple pattern search in perl

user 10 values content is: musage.py yes value user 11 values content is: gusage.py yes value how to print "user" string line by searching "content is:" string and "usage.py" string in perl (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help need with PERL multiple search pattern matching!

My example file is as given below: conn=1 uid=oracle conn=2 uid=db2 conn=3 uid=oracle conn=4 uid=hash conn=5 uid=skher conn=6 uid=oracle conn=7 uid=mpalkar conn=8 uid=anarke conn=9 uid=oracle conn=1 op=-1 msgId=-1 - fd=104 slot=104 LDAPS connection from 10.10.5.6 to 10.18.6.5 conn=2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and swap multiple lines in file using Perl

Hi all, I have a vcd file with a bunch of lines containing an array, like this $var wire 1 b a $end $var wire 1 c a $end $var wire 1 d a $end $var wire 1 e a $end $var wire 1 f b $end $var wire 1 g b $end $var wire 1 h b $end $var wire 1 i b $end I want it like this: $var wire 1 e a... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: veerabahu
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: search replace in multiple files

When I use special characters the command to replace multiple files with a string pattern does nt work. ---------- Post updated at 12:33 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:38 AM ---------- This works perl -pi -e 's/100/test/g' * This does nt work perl -pi -e 's... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: w020637
1 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)