Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Process previous days file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Process previous days file Post 302785487 by Yoda on Monday 25th of March 2013 05:28:53 PM
Old 03-25-2013
You didn't mention what OS & SHELL you are using? Also can you show us what have you tried so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using 'date' to get previous days' dates

I am familiar with using the 'date' command to get the current date but I have a situation where I need to get the previous day's date as well as the date two days prior. Theoretically I could use 'expr' to compute these values but I need it to work in instances where the previous month's dates... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slant-40
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script - How to automatically start another process when the previous process ends?

Hi all, I'm doing automation task for my team and I just started to learn unix scripting so please shed some light on how to do this: 1) I have 2 sets of datafiles - datafile A and B. These datafiles must be loaded subsequently and cannot be loaded concurrently. 2) So I loaded datafile A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of days in the previous month

Hi all. I am scripting in a POSIX shell on HPUX. I am running a script that needs to determine the number of days in a month. I found this on the forum and it works great: X=`cal $(date +%m) $(date +%Y) | grep -v '' | wc -w` The issue is that I am running the script on the 7th day of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyoncc
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append Previous Days date to filename

I need to append previous days date to my file which is generated using a script. I am working on Solaris 10. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twisha
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to count previous days files

Hi i know how to get no of files in some particular folder by following command which includes today and previous days files also ls |wc -l but i needed a command in which i can list previous one or two days files only. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahiljavaid
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding days in previous month

#!/bin/ksh day=1 month=1 year=2012 if then then prevmonth=31 elif then prevmonth=30 elif then then prevmonth=29 elif then prevmonth=29 else prevmonth=28 fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vagar11
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can i get the previous/next days date of a selected day

Ok, the title is confusing i know, but it is a weird question. I have a bash script running on Centos5.8 and want to find a better way to do some date manipulation. What i am trying to do is get 3 days of files (day before, that day, and day after), concatenate the three files and pass them on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: oly_r
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display previous days dates in ksh

---------- Post updated at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:38 AM ---------- Sorry for a duplicate post, my post at the first place could not appear due to some net issue on my machine. Here is what i posted earlier: Hi, i am using ksh in Solaris, i wanted to assign today's,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pr5439
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cancel process running for more than 5 days

Hello Group, We want to create a script in order to filter process in the system with more than five days (STIME) and then kill them under Solaris 10. How can we filter these kind of process ? ps -efa Thanks in advance for your help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csierra
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out process name that are running for last 10 days.

Hi all, As i am new to shell script.Please help me to write a Shell script to find out process name that are running for last 10 days. Thank's in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_1988
8 Replies
ENVSUBST(1)								GNU							       ENVSUBST(1)

NAME
envsubst - substitutes environment variables in shell format strings SYNOPSIS
envsubst [OPTION] [SHELL-FORMAT] DESCRIPTION
Substitutes the values of environment variables. Operation mode: -v, --variables output the variables occurring in SHELL-FORMAT Informative output: -h, --help display this help and exit -V, --version output version information and exit In normal operation mode, standard input is copied to standard output, with references to environment variables of the form $VARIABLE or ${VARIABLE} being replaced with the corresponding values. If a SHELL-FORMAT is given, only those environment variables that are referenced in SHELL-FORMAT are substituted; otherwise all environment variables references occurring in standard input are substituted. When --variables is used, standard input is ignored, and the output consists of the environment variables that are referenced in SHELL-FOR- MAT, one per line. AUTHOR
Written by Bruno Haible. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnu-gettext@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for envsubst is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and envsubst programs are properly installed at your site, the command info envsubst should give you access to the complete manual. GNU gettext-runtime 0.18.2 March 2013 ENVSUBST(1)