Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need script help for monitoring duplex settings Post 302785395 by joeyg on Monday 25th of March 2013 02:01:56 PM
Old 03-25-2013
What are you trying to check for?

Are you looking to trap for the speed and duplex only?
And, is 100 full the only valid data - anything else is a problem?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Duplex Settings

Hi All I've been having a lot of errors logged on the Cisco Catalyst (4000 series) which one of my Solaris servers is patched into. I have a feeling they are duplex related, but I'm a bit stuck as to how to confirm that. How do I: 1. Check the duplex settings on my eri0 card? 2. Set the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saabir
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

command to change duplex settings..

Hi Folks, I want the command to change the duplex settings of a HP-UX server. Thanks in advance. Sagar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sag71155
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Automated script to assign TCP/IP settings automatically after unintentionally unplug

Yesterday i had a situation that cause me headache for a while , I have a web server running win2k3 it has 2 NIC's one of them assigned to public area network and the other is not functioning The place where the server is , is messy and cables on the floor so any one can stumble with ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 10 Speed and Duplex Settings: bge

Evening, I am attempting to change the speed and duplex settings on a single interface on a bge card on an m3000 SPARC server. Currently the settings are as follows: bge0 link: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full bge1 link: up speed: 100 Mbps ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: brialt1
13 Replies

5. Solaris

How to find half duplex or full duplex

Hi, How to find whether the server is running with half duplex or full duplex. I tried with the following command ndd -get /dev/ but am not getting any output,. Is the command correct? Also let me know how to change from half to full duplex. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rogerben
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Duplex Script - output format issue.

Hi Gurus, I had downloaded the below script from the net and used it to get the Link and duplex settings in my Sun servers. In all except one(Sol-5.10 on X86) i am getting output format like below: root: /var/ADMIN/bin/speed_duplex.sh Interface Speed Duplex --------- ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to adjust network settings

Hello, Newbie question on scripting - I'm looking to create a simple script that will work on RHEL5 that will adjust the network settings: ip address, default gateway, and subnet mask. If anything else needs to be done (service network stop / start) or should be done to make settings active - I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rojizo
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a shell script security policy settings for linux

The pro help! Write a shell script setup for linux security policies include: 1. login (username and password login). 2. add, delete your username and password. 3. firewall. Note: Write a shell script file as follows: If login successful then Step 2. If step 2 succeeds (ie add,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ngovuongbinhtay
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ldapsearch in monitoring script without bind password written in script

Hi I do a very simple monitoring of our OpenLDAP (runs in cronjob and generate alerts if unsuccessfull) $ ldapsearch -h hostname.domain -D "cn=monitor_user,ou=People,dc=organisation" -w "password" -b "dc=organisation" -x "(&(cn=monitor_user)(ou=People))" dn | grep -v version dn:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configuring smtp settings and then sending the mail through shell script

I have make an menu in which first option is to start and second is to stop the services echo "Please enter the appropriate choice for doing the operations" echo " 1) STOP Services 2) START Services case $choice in 1) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies
3C574_CS(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						       3C574_CS(4)

NAME
3c574_cs - 3Com 3c574 Etherlink XL 10/100 PC Card device driver SYNOPSIS
insmod 3c574_cs.o [pc_debug=n] [if_port=n] [irq_list=i,j,...] [full_duplex=n] [auto_polarity=n] [max_interrupt_work=n] DESCRIPTION
3c574_cs is the low-level Card Services driver for the 3Com 3c574 EtherLink XL PCMCIA ethernet adapter. When this driver is attached to a card, it allocates the next available ethernet device (eth0..eth#). This device name will be reported in the kernel log file, and passed on to cardmgr(8). The driver uses the N-Way autonegotiating transceiver to negotiate the speed and duplex of the network link. If the link partner does not support negotiation, only the link speed is detected. PARAMETERS
pc_debug=n Selects the PCMCIA debugging level. This parameter is only available if the module is compiled with debugging enabled. A non-zero value enables debugging. if_port=n Selects the transceiver type. Only 0, 1, and 4 are acceptable values, other values return an error. This actual value specificed is ignored -- the autonegotiating transceiver selects the media speed and duplex used. irq_list=i,j,... This option limits the set of interrupts that may be allocated by this driver. The default is all normally-usable IRQs. full_duplex=n This flag determines if only full-duplex modes are advertised. It defaults to 0 (false). This flag can be used to control the transceiver's auto polarity detection capability. Some Cisco Catalyst switches are known to interact badly with this feature in 10baseT mode. It defaults to 1 (enabled). max_interrupt_work=work-limit This option selects the maximum amount of work handled during each interrupt. Each received packet counts as one unit of work, as does updating statistics counters and handling errors. The default is 32. DIAGNOSTICS
eth#: interrupt(s) dropped! Indicates that the driver did not receive an interrupt notification for some reason. The driver will poll the card (with a signifi- cant performance penalty) if the problem persists. The most likely cause is an interrupt conflict and/or host bridge configuration problem. AUTHOR
Driver core: Donald Becker - becker@scyld.com PC Card interface: David Hinds - dahinds@users.sourceforge.net SEE ALSO
cardmgr(8), pcmcia(5), ifport(8). pcmcia-cs $Date 3C574_CS(4)